PDA

View Full Version : Goose Hunting The Fraser Valley?

Dirty
01-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Since we have a month before Canada's open back up here in the Fraser Valley, I was wondering if anybody knows of some good spots for Canada Geese. I am kinda new to this game and would like to bag some geese. I already have some goose and duck meat in the freezer but I still need some more to fill the minimum amount for my waterfowl sausage order. Hopefully if I scout out some new areas before they open up I'll have a good chance of success.

Dano
01-13-2005, 10:00 PM
I haven't had much goose success this year. Last year I bagged 3 and only one was in the late hunt.

The geese were pairing up last year but the recent cold front may put that back a few weeks. I hunted on the Pitt river last year way up towards the lake. A co-worker of mine shot 4 one day last spring while hunting down off Harris Road on the island out betwwen Harris road and the Debouville slough on the Poco side (the island in known as goose island). I used to hunt there 25 years ago, it could be good but I understand it gets a lot of pressure now. The recent high tides would make it tricky there as the island is low and can get covered by the high water.
Like you said, you need to get out and scout around.............