PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running jadgs?

abbearb8er
07-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Any of you guys in BC using jadg terriers for bears/cats/coons? I have a 4yr old male - intact - that needs a good hunting home to move to. I don't have his pedigree but he came out of a hunting kennel in Switzerland. I had good intentions of hunting bobcats and/or ferel hogs but am just too busy to do it right. Let me know if you're in the market for a jadg that doesn't know what quit means.

K-1
07-25-2007, 10:33 PM
I have a 8yr. old Jagdterrier. I use him to blood trailing wounded game. Started him on coons, now I just use him on bears. I would not want to let him free run on cats as you never know what he might go off on. I keep him on a leash until he is on the track I want him on. So far he has found 11 bears & 1 moose. There are a few Jagds here in B C , mostly used by guides, outfitters & trappers. I also let him run rabbits when we see them, that gives him some fun and some fur to chew on. You may want to consider these options , as to getting rid of him,,, something to think on. I also take him on all our hunting trips,, makes a hell of a good warning system if there is a bear around. If you still want to place him, try placing an add with the G/O, or in trappers magazine.

abbearb8er
07-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Hey K-1 thanks for the reply. Not really wanting to get rid of Hunter just kinda being forced into it. Live in town and the neighbors are causing some grief cause he barks at other dogs and garbage trucks. I use a bark coller on garbage days but refuse to use it 24/7. Because he's not getting hunted he wants to chase small anything including kids. He's never bitten anyone but the aggresiveness concerns me in a town setting. You guys in BC can use dogs more than we can. Can't use a dog to trail wounded game even.

What is G/O? Is the 'trappers magazine' online?

Thanks