PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Partner Needed

bc sportsman
07-23-2007, 12:21 PM
We are two experienced hunters (moose, elk and deer) who are looking for one or two more hunters to join us this year for a trip up the Alaska Hwy for elk and moose. Our hunting dates are flexible and we can go from mid Sep to the first week of October.

Our hunting partner is going to Costa Rica (his wife insists) in lieu of hunting so he doesn't have the holiday time left to go with us this year. So, we are looking for a third (and even fourth) person to join us.

We have all the gear, camp stuff, ATVs etc.

Looking for 1-2 mature (by that we mean common sensed etc) hunters who are either experienced or not and wish to benefit from the experience. No one younger than 25 please. Grizzilies are common where we hunt and we frequently see a number of them every year. Confrontations at camp or in the bush may occur so 'bear' that in mind. :shock:

You must be prepared to hunt and if necessary, pack game :icon_frow as not all areas are accessable to ATVs if we get a moose or elk in the more hilly terrain.

If interested, email me with your phone number and we'll talk.

The Hermit
07-23-2007, 12:27 PM
When? What are the dates?

bc sportsman
07-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Anytime from mid-sep to about 3-4 of oct. We can accommodate other peoples schedules. Considering the drive and camp setup time...two weeks hunt is about right.

icecap
09-12-2007, 11:35 AM
If you're not willing to share your knowledge with young or newbies, why post in the "Youth and newbies" forum?

Marc
09-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Newbie can be someone who is 50 who has only been hunting for a couple of years. I see this as a good oppertunity for someone who's got some wood sence to go for an adventure in the north. If the dates where more to the right I might have considered it myself.

Mr. Dean
09-12-2007, 02:38 PM
NICE offer.

I'll have to pass though - Thanks for the considerations.

bc sportsman
09-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Icecap, I don't see where I ruled out young or newbies.

I did state mature but I know of young people who are more mature than their parents so age has nothing to do with that statement. The reason for 25 yrs plus was simply so that any newcomer would fit in with our group.

I also stipulate 'experienced or not' in my post.

Perhaps I've been misunderstood.

Anyways, a workmate of my son is joining us and we are leaving this weekend. We did get inquiries from a number of people at HBC who we would be happy to hunt with in the future. When those opps present themselves, I will be asking for the priviledge of hunting with them if they are available and still interested.

Will
09-14-2007, 07:09 PM
and we are leaving this weekend.

I didn't reply because I'm 30 something going on 15.....at least the wife says so :? :lol:

Good luck to you ! :smile:

bc sportsman
09-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks Will!