PDA

View Full Version : Fish wrapper and Freezer in Prince Rupert?

tufferthandug
07-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know off-hand the names of anybody that cuts, wraps, and freezes fish in Prince Rupert? I'm heading up halibut and salmon fishing next week and thought instead of bringing them back whole I'd get everything done up there?

TGF
07-22-2007, 08:02 AM
I just asked that question to a buddy of mine as he knows someone who goes there and does exactly what you mentioned. He didn't know the name of it but when your coming into Rupert, stay on the main drag. Just before you come to T downtown at waterfront there is a bunch of buildings on your right. It is the 4th from the end. As mentioned I don't know the name of it.
Another has told me Dollys there does freezing but unsure of processing?

I'm heading there from the 25th till Aug 1st and will be fishing Edye pass areas for halibut and cohos.

Maybe you should PM Thunderstix who is a moderator here. He has recently moved to Fort Nelson but owned a charter business in PR Rupert. He was my contact for there. He should know all the details.

Which areas are you going to? If your heading my way I will be the one with a 13ft grey inflatable and 20 hp yamaha on the back. Best of luck.
Just heard that cohos are heavy in there now. I don't fish for chinooks though as find the cohos taste better to my liking.

I just pack my cooler full of ice and fish is good for 5 days.

tufferthandug
07-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks, PM sent.