PDA

View Full Version : Recipe Book

newhunterette
07-20-2007, 09:21 AM
I am just curious. With everyone's ideas and recipes on game meats iffn y'all have ever thought to put together an HBC Game recipe cook book. It could be put together and sold to raise funds for the HBC site. With all the knowledge we have on this site I am certain the book would be a success.

Ali

Bow Walker
07-20-2007, 09:31 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_72.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA) H€ll of an idea. I'd contribute! I'd also buy.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_73.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_112.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA)(never trust a skinny cook)

Chuck
07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Super idea! A wild meat cook book by hunters is smack on imho. But how would all the planning etc. etc. be dealt with? Might this be too ambitious to accomplish without a team? Who would know how to handle this successfully. Don't want to rain on a good idea, but we'll need some feedback on this I'm sure. No doubt there are some good brains out there. My 2 cents - for what it's worth.

270WIN
07-20-2007, 10:05 AM
I Am In Too

Wildman
07-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Very good idea...........I think i could submit a recipie. I would also buy.

Wildman
07-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Super idea! A wild meat cook book by hunters is smack on imho. But how would all the planning etc. etc. be dealt with? Might this be too ambitious to accomplish without a team? Who would know how to handle this successfully. Don't want to rain on a good idea, but we'll need some feedback on this I'm sure. No doubt there are some good brains out there. My 2 cents - for what it's worth.

Start a thread for the recipies, compile, get donations and print. There may be some HBC members that are familiar with the printing/book making process?

newhunterette
07-20-2007, 11:04 AM
okay here is my plan:

I was thinking recipes can be sent to my main email address so it is easier for me to put into categories and sub categories. I would add the person's HBC name so y'all know who donated the recipe. Then once it is all compiled have it bound and printed (if anyone is in the printing industry let me know or I can just follow up with who I know). I will then let everyone know how much the cost would be to have printed and we can determine a price for the book to sell and raise monies. And if anyone would like to volunteer services later to help with compilation would be fine with me.

Ali

Elkhound
07-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Ali sounds like a hell of an idea. Just make sure our very own Executive chef Gatehouse submits a few recipes too.

newhunterette
07-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Ali sounds like a hell of an idea. Just make sure our very own Executive chef Gatehouse submits a few recipes too.

wooooooooooohooooooooooo does this mean I am back in ur good books Elkhound and I will hound Gatehouse until I get something from him - recipes that is sheesh I knew what y'all was thinking.

newhunterette
07-20-2007, 11:52 AM
I have recieved very nice feedback regarding my idea so I will try and get the ball rolling.

Please send your favourite wild game/bird/fish recipes to my main email address which is

Ioarana@aol.com put in the subject box Recipe
(if for some reason you have difficulties with sending to my aol address you can try ioarana@hotmail) But I prefer the aol for this as it holds way more in my inbox.

be sure to add your HBC name to it so I can give you credit for your donation or Anonymus will have written the book.

I would like to put a limit of say 5 recipes per person to begin with and if it seems the book wont be filled then I will ask for more later. If I find some duplicates or similar recipes i will notify those who submitted to see if you would like to add a different one.

Hope this complies to everyone - I am very open to any suggestions to make this successful.

Thank you so much
Ali

Marc
07-20-2007, 02:14 PM
You could probably do up a recipe book with just this section.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Wildman
07-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Fish too right? Wildman's Alder Smoked Canned Chinook!!!!!!!! copyright, TM....................etc.

You know, these books could be worth some $$$$$ good for the website!!

wsm
07-20-2007, 05:10 PM
my wife and i will contribute

BCLongshot
07-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Only a girl would think of this idea or a PeterPanner

hehehehehehehe

lololololol

Of course I would like to have 1 of these books

BCLongshot
07-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm only kidding

My wife said I'm being a stinker.

Gateholio
07-20-2007, 08:11 PM
I dont have any recipes.....

Marc
07-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Just make sure that these recipes are not copied from a real recipe book, the last think I need is a copy rights lawsuit.:mrgreen:

srupp
07-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Great idea...put me down for one...and Ill also contribute a recipe or two...

Nice to see another lady hunter here...

Steven

Bow Walker
07-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Recipe on its way via email..........

Looking forward to lots more.

Bow Walker
07-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Ali.....are you getting the recipes?

I've sent 2 so far. Anyone else sent any?

newhunterette
07-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Ali.....are you getting the recipes?

I've sent 2 so far. Anyone else sent any?

I have received a few recipes so far - and I am sure more are coming as seems people are liking the idea.

Ali

Wildman
07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
I sent 2 in today.....did you get them? 2 more on their way whenever I can translate them to a word doc.

johnes50
07-23-2007, 12:55 PM
I sent you one today too. Thanks for volunteering Newhunterette. johnes50

newhunterette
07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
hmmm over 400 views of this thread how come I dont have 400 recipes

(in case y'all didn't read far enough)

Please send your favourite wild game/bird/fish recipes to my main email address which is

Ioarana@aol.com put in the subject box Recipe
(if for some reason you have difficulties with sending to my aol address you can try ioarana@hotmail) But I prefer the aol for this as it holds way more in my inbox.

be sure to add your HBC name to it so I can give you credit for your donation or Anonymus will have written the book.

I would like to put a limit of say 5 recipes per person to begin with and if it seems the book wont be filled then I will ask for more later. If I find some duplicates or similar recipes i will notify those who submitted to see if you would like to add a different one.

Ali

Beverly
07-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Do you have any ideas on printing these yet? They can be put together rather simply with any pc publishing program and hard copy printed out on regular sized paper....I used to produce an Island wide club type mag monthly. The printer would produce them from my original and staple from the center for less than $1 per. Let me know if you need any help on the layout side of things.

I don't cook lol....I suppose tho I can send ya my Shepherds Pie for the completely-cooking-challenged recipe :mrgreen:

newhunterette
07-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey everyone its me again,

I want to thank all of those who have so graciously sent me recipes to get a start on categorizing this book.

I have also taken recipes from the threads that were started on the site so if y'all don't want them in the book let me know.

I also want to remind those who have not sent me a recipe, in order to make this a success I need your contribution of a recipe - this is being done for HBC and all of us hunters and hunterettes to share with one another - please do not be shy about emailing me.

Thank you
Ali

rbduck
07-28-2007, 02:49 PM
I`d be more than happy to donate a few recipes. Out of province ones OK too?:wink:

Ron :mrgreen:

newhunterette
07-29-2007, 08:50 AM
I`d be more than happy to donate a few recipes. Out of province ones OK too?:wink:

Ron :mrgreen:

Absolutley - we are canadians and we love our food - and we all hunt in other provinces as well, when we can

thanks for the contribution Ron

Ali

Bow Walker
07-29-2007, 01:24 PM
How many recipes so far Ali?

Any categories that need recipes still?

newhunterette
07-29-2007, 05:36 PM
How many recipes so far Ali?

Any categories that need recipes still?

Not enough recipes yet and all categories need recipes - I am trying hard not to have to write this book on my own with my recipes. I have the exception of a few wonderful recipes that have come in and from other recipes in threads off the site to add. So many have promised but I have yet to receive recipes. So if those of you who have already sent me recipes if you have more please feel free to send them to me. I really didnt think this would be such a hard task to do sheesh.

Thanks to all those who have sent me recipes :)
Ali

Bow Walker
07-30-2007, 04:37 PM
It'll take a bit of time and patience to get enough recipes for a book.

Do you remember how those 'Best of Bridge' books were bound? Might be an inexpensive way to do this.

I'll send a couple more to you.

BYW Gatehouse is just being coy - get him to actually writw down what he does when he cooks a game dinner at home. He's got tons of 'recipes' in his noggin.

Wildman
07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
I have a couple more, just transfering them to the comp takes some time. Time that I dont have right now.

newhunterette
08-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Now that we have the mover to a new server happening, fundrasing will be something ongoing so we can keep this incredible site going to the best ability - this Wild Game and Fish cookbook will be a wonderful fundraser - I know ya'll have some secrets you don't want to give out but everyone always loves to share a reciope ot 2 so here is a reminder please send me some to get this happening.

Thanks so much
Ali

kaptkannon
08-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Newhunterette - I am sending you every recipe that I have. I assembled my own little cookbook for family and friends. Hopefully this will help out. Think there is about 110 pages of recipes.

Kaptkannon

newhunterette
08-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Newhunterette - I am sending you every recipe that I have. I assembled my own little cookbook for family and friends. Hopefully this will help out. Think there is about 110 pages of recipes.

Kaptkannon

ohhhhhhhh MUAH MUAH MUAH THANK YOU - now that's the spirit - hugs all over

Ali

kaptkannon
08-10-2007, 10:25 PM
So, how many recipes does that takes us up to? Enough for a cookbook yet? I will see if there are any I missed. I used to have some recipes for wild berries and other items that you can find when out hunting.

Kaptkannon
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.:cool:

pupper
08-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Is there going to be an electronic version that can be downloaded?

newhunterette
08-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Is there going to be an electronic version that can be downloaded?

You gave me a good thought Pupper - not sure about a downloaded version as we are trying to raise funds for HBC but I could put the book on a cd as well as printed copies. Let me get it all together first - lots of typing and categorizing.

Ali

newhunterette
08-11-2007, 08:39 AM
So, how many recipes does that takes us up to? Enough for a cookbook yet? I will see if there are any I missed. I used to have some recipes for wild berries and other items that you can find when out hunting.

Kaptkannon
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.:cool:

Kapt - we r almost good to go - but I was told it won't be complete until Gatehouse gives me a submission.

Ali

kaptkannon
08-11-2007, 06:55 PM
GATEHOUSE - COME OUT AND PLAY
GATEHOUSE - COME OUT AND PLAY

sorry saw WARRIORS on tv last night, gave me flashbacks

newhunterette
08-22-2007, 03:03 PM
almost thru editing what I have - not too late to send me a recipe

hint hint

email Ioarana@aol.com or ioarana@hotmail.com

Ali

Wildman
08-22-2007, 03:13 PM
I may send you some more, if I ever get some time here to create a digital version of them. Unfortunatly I will be away again this weekend so.......

newhunterette
09-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Well I was hoping for more input from people to make this a successful fish & game cookbook but seems people are too tight lipped about their "secret recipes" - I will finish with what I have and get it off to Marc for his approval before I do anymore work to have it printed.

Thank you to those people who did take the time to contribute.

Ali

Caveman
09-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Ali, what categories would you be light in or does it matter?

newhunterette
09-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Ali, what categories would you be light in or does it matter?

would really like more in the fish, seafood area

but I am happy with whatever anyone is willing to send me

I would even like side dishes y'all like with your favourite

thank so much

newhunterette
09-04-2007, 10:04 AM
I have now edited all the recipes i have been sent - if u still want to participate just email me - information is on the thread - Kaptkannon thank u so very much your contribution made this book as I received very little from others on the site - those who did send me recipes I thank you also for being a part of this and I did take everything I could from the other recipe threads on the site to add - I have logged over 200 hours to this book and hope it will generate interest when completed - marc let me know how u want this sent to you for your approval - I will be designing the cover soon with Peter's artistic help :)

categories in the book
BIRDS
FISH
SEAFOOD-SHELLFISH
SMALL GAME
VENISON
SIDE DISHES
HELPFUL INFORMATION
OTHER

each category has sub categories for easier break down - I am really short on recipes for fish (all kinds) seafood-shellfish (all kinds) small game (all kinds) side dishes ( u must have a favourite side dish you make for your favourite meal)

I will do my best to fill in where it is lacking

Ali

springpin
09-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Hello,
Well I don't have much for recipes...but would definitely benefit from buying one.

Mr. Dean
09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Ali,

Iv'e been thinking of what to send in... Most of my stuff comes from winging it.

Hows this:

According to Mr. Dean,,, don't be afraid to just give something a try. At worse, you'll just end up not doing THAT again.

Bow Walker
09-04-2007, 05:11 PM
:eek: At the very least you can eat your mistakes! :D

newhunterette
09-04-2007, 05:59 PM
okay I like this idea - quotes from hunter's to live by in the bush and in cooking lol

keep them coming Mr.Dean and Bowwalker - great idea for the introduction of the book

Ali

Gateholio
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Okay, imme qa day or 3, I'll give yo arecipe or 2

newhunterette
09-06-2007, 04:11 PM
WOW, okay, Now y'all decide to get the lead out of ur pants and send me some recipes - I will hold the fort for a little longer before sending this off to marc for proofing so I can recieve the recipes that are coming in now. So you don't have to go thru the whole thread again to get my info for sending i'll post it again here

Ioarana@aol.com or ioarana@hotmail.com in subject type recipe do not forget to sign ur HBC name or u become Anonymous lol

Ali

kaptkannon
09-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Newhunterette

If I keep going through all the old disks I have around the house, you may never finish editting this cook book. I just sent you another 10 recipes. There is a little mix of everything in there from grilled salmon to raccoon patties.

Remember - What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

newhunterette
09-09-2007, 03:10 PM
[quote=kaptkannon;182746]Newhunterette

If I keep going through all the old disks I have around the house, you may never finish editting this cook book. I just sent you another 10 recipes. There is a little mix of everything in there from grilled salmon to raccoon patties.
Kaptkannon - if is didnt stir up so much dang trouble I would be sending you many hugs and smooches for your enthusiasm in this project - but guess I have to save them for fear of making people complain again so I'll just thank you from the bottom of my heart and u keep searching them old disk and send all u like, I don't mind the editing.
Ali

newhunterette
09-14-2007, 09:01 AM
WELL the book is complete - I printed of the draft copy last night OMG y'all are so amazing - it is a nice size book - awesome contributions - some comedy in there too - I now will figure on how the thing is to be printed - and when it will become available - I will work with Marc to get a price figure together as to how much they will sell for - oh it is a great book :)

Ali

Wildman
09-14-2007, 09:13 AM
whoooooooohoooooo. I'm drooling!

NaStY
10-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Cant wait till it comes out........

Sharkey
10-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I'd like to pre-order 5 copies please!
~D