PDA

View Full Version : Count down!

Mr. Dean
07-16-2007, 11:48 PM
4 more sleeps then I'm of to pillage the Great Pacific Ocean!

The intentions are to scope out every available species that is legally open for harvest. Tract them down and KILL em. Pack all of it up into BIG coolers (some frozen and some fresh on ice), then boogie for home knowing that we have sustenance for yet another year.

Primitive sounding... You bet! But we truly love it nonetheless.

Everything is pretty much in order. Thanks to some friends and a more than decent past Saturday, I know the boat is up for the challenge. I do have to settle down and melt up 3 cannon balls but that is all that I can think of needing done.

Here's to pink skies at night! :wink:

WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lip_ripper00
07-17-2007, 05:37 AM
good luck, boat safe, and have fun!!:mrgreen:

PS if you need more lead I have lots.

Steeleco
07-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Tight lines Mr & Mrs D!! Now who's drooling????? :wink:

Save some room in the freezer for when you get back, I'll take you fishing on the River and show you how the paupers do it. :mrgreen::wink::mrgreen:

Wildman
07-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Where are you going to be fishing out of?

Mr. Dean
07-17-2007, 08:07 AM
paupersPronounced as poppers?

Flosser = Pauper???

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:......... :wink:

newhunterette
07-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Y'all have a wonderful time Mr. and Mrs. Dean, I am so glad u were able to get the boat all set up, I know how much you were looking forward to it, tight lines.

Ali

Mr. Dean
07-17-2007, 08:19 AM
ripper,

I should be good for lead but if indeed I need some more, expect a call - Thanks.

Where are you going to be fishing out of?

This is our annual Hardy trip... Happy hour usually starts @ 12:01 :wink:

Looking at the NEW RCA's, I'll need to find some other fishing spots. I can't get over some of the 'remote' stuff on the mainland that's been shut down. One place in paricular, I've only EVER seen one other boat. :(

We'll have to just get back to basics on this trip and search for other new stuff. Someone's fuel pump is going to be VERY happy.

Wildman
07-17-2007, 08:29 AM
You should do well on Hali's up here, as well as lings and cod. Springs are a bit slow right now, but it should pick up really soon. Where are you staying? Cluxewe?

Mr. Dean
07-17-2007, 08:46 AM
You should do well on Hali's up here, as well as lings and cod. Springs are a bit slow right now, but it should pick up really soon. Where are you staying? Cluxewe?

- Not worried. I'll find em!
- I'll be hang'n out in my camper @ a friends place.

Note to self: Don't forget to pack the 14 fishing rods. It would really really SUCK if you forgot them.

Steeleco
07-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Flosser = Pauper??? Only those of us watching those big ass jet boats go blasting by :wink::wink:

Chuck
07-17-2007, 11:59 AM
14 Fishing Rods!!!!!!!!

I can ONLY guess!

Leaseman
07-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Now Dave....
I don't usually go blastin' by.....:twisted:

But it sure is nice not being tied to the shore.....

Mike

Mr. Dean
07-17-2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/DSC_0004_edited-1.JPG

5 of these should do the trick.

Man that's a lot of wheel weights! :mrgreen:

Wildman
07-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Is this the first time you've been out this year? If so, check your downrigger line........every year I see countless guys loose their cannon balls due to rotten line.

Mr. Dean
07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Renewed them last year,,, turned then inside-out, this year.

Ya need to get up earlier in the morning if you plan on 'getting' me!

Good try though.

Mr. Dean
07-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Did I mention happy hour and 12:01pm (hint)

Mr. Dean
07-18-2007, 09:29 AM
every year I see countless guys loose their cannon balls due to rotten line.

I've concluded that Mrs. D (10 Bears) HATES them. She shows absolutely no predgudice on how she loses one. It could be lost on a reef in 20' of water, that we've fished for years OR dropped in a 1000' of water out in the middle of the Great Blue.

Needless to say,,,, it was her that created this job for me (commited 3 to the deep last year). Glad I'm set-up to make my own - The stores seem to think that these are worth $30 now... Anyone want a ball?

$28.50 Tax inc.:wink: