PDA

View Full Version : Ingenika

model 88
01-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey guys i am new around here, I Was thinking that this fall i might go do some hunting up around ingenika or maybe johansen(sp?) lake area, What can you guys tell me about the area or the people around the area? Thanks

ape
01-08-2005, 11:19 PM
If you aint an indian good luck. I know they had road blocks up north of the Fort and weren't letting anyone up for logging or hunting. My buddies uncle had a draw up there and didn't even go because of the hassles the indians were giving to everyone.

mainland hunter
02-25-2005, 03:58 PM
I drew grizzly and moose by ingeneka, didn't end up hunting there, heard too many stories of hassles with Indians on the west side of williston, robbing your camp while your out hunting etc. East side of the lake is better apparantly

moosecaller
02-25-2005, 04:15 PM
The east side is better Ospika arm is excellent hunting. Be warned if you go onto the lake with a boat it can get really ugly the wind and waves come from nowhere 8 foot swells are the norm.(Just ask moosehunter he will verify this) And everyone is right about the native population avoid them at all cost, there have been unconfirmed stories of armed standoffs!! Not a friendly bunch.