PDA

View Full Version : Gopher Hunting?

Dirty
01-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Has anybody ever done any gopher hunting? I am interested in the availability of gopher hunting, as I could see it as some fun shooting. Any information would be great, especially locations close to the Fraser Valley

Kirby
01-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Haven't done around down there, but I do some north of kamloops, up towards Sun Peaks, and East towards Vernon, and Shuswap. I found it helpful to talk with local feed shops, they often know of guys with gophers, and or let you put up a poster asking about it.

Kirby

Amphibious
01-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Did quite bit last summer. was great fun. you need to find ranchers to let you hunt on their land as it is a private land only hunt.

warning, it;s VERY addictive!

elkster
02-21-2005, 06:07 PM
I use to snare them as a kid in Alta. None on Van Is. water table is too high. A trick I learned is the gopher when coming up out of his hole, always faces away from the dirt pile at the hole. Its lots of fun snaring and shooting them. I used a single shot 22. It made me a pretty good shot.

Ben Fougere
03-02-2005, 11:47 PM
You might want to try and get as close as you can to Manning Provincial Park. It's an hour from Hope. Worked there years back and there's a lot of them there, but you can't hunt there b/c it's designated a park. Maybe try on the other side of Manning towards Princeton. Not sure though if you'll be able to find a hunting spot.