PDA

View Full Version : And the survey say's?

Steeleco
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I just this afternoon got my "Annual" (it seems) surver on my hunting luck (bad).:shock: In there this year is an extra piece of paper that is specific to Reg 1 wolf/cougar sightings. They must really be onto something, questions like sighting of track , scat and animals etc. Maybe they're going to deal with the problems we all kinda know about with Island predators. Anyone else got their's yet? Steeleco

timberhunter
01-06-2005, 05:08 PM
The wolf and cougar sign questionare is typical. I get one every year, and have done for as long as I can remember.

Marc S

Steeleco
01-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Well who new:shock: I normally get the regular one about bears but have never seen the small piece about the island. Thanks TH I though it was something new??

bone-collector
01-06-2005, 09:57 PM
7 people in my family with liences and this is the first year we got that questionaire to steel

Marc
01-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Hmm, I hunted last fall and never got this questioner either. I guess they must be trying to find out were the concentration of woves and cougars are. I also got one for grouse.

Marc.

timberhunter
01-06-2005, 10:18 PM
I usually get one for deer, one for bear, and the cougar/wolf one. So far no deer questionair, but I have had the grouse one maybe once before as well. Must be a random thing for who ever is stuffing the envelopes. Nothing the government does could be that well organised anyways.http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Marc S.

Ps. Just for the record, animals for this year - 2 deer - 1 bear- and a few grouse (could have had more but you can only kill so many before you start to feel bad.) Saw lots more bears this year that I could have shot too, but I was trying to let the new hunters with me get an animal. Spring time is going to be fun.http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

houndogger
01-06-2005, 10:37 PM
I have always got the deer, bear, and couger/wolf questionaires. I thought I got one for every different tag I bought. I guess not if you guys are getting the couger wolf ones.

Did you buy a couger tag last year timberhunter?

Dave

timberhunter
01-06-2005, 11:02 PM
No, I didn't buy a cougar tag last year. Is that an invite to buy one this year and go kill a cougar?:grin:

bone-collector
01-07-2005, 07:14 AM
(could have had more but you can only kill so many before you start to feel bad.)
before you feel bad cause I dont feel bad and I dont think anyone else does either when filling a 26cu foot deepfreze :lol:

leftcoast
01-07-2005, 08:25 AM
My first year for the wolf/cougar questionaire. I thought it was because I bought a lion tag last year.

=keith=

Mulie_Hunter
01-07-2005, 09:48 AM
I got a questionaire on moose and deer this year, but never on cougars or wolves.

houndogger
01-07-2005, 01:53 PM
That's what I would have thought Keith. I have always got one and assumed that was why.

Timberhunter ya never know. I go to some of the shoots on the Island if they don't interupt with my hunting season. Don't know if I know ya but I would recanize ya I am sure.

buckee
01-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I ussually get the wolf/cougar questionaire every year. This year it was just the were you successful at Blacktails questionaire:lol:

My first post here gang, Looks like a great forum you have.8-)