PDA

View Full Version : stings and cables

4ptbuck
07-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I think it's time for a new string and cable. Any suggestions out there?

4pts...

Bow Walker
07-07-2007, 09:19 AM
You might give Boormans a call - I'm not sure if they make them there or not.

Then there's the guys out in and around Abbottsford.

Other than that, it's order from the states or from the factory.

There are quite a few guys on Archery Talk who make custom strings and cables.

4ptbuck
07-07-2007, 02:54 PM
I was wondering about custom stings. Is it worth it? I just put in a tru-peep, and am getting inconsitent rotations.

pupper
07-07-2007, 03:44 PM
winners choice strings

big game archery 604-859-2086

pupper
07-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I was wondering about custom stings. Is it worth it? I just put in a tru-peep, and am getting inconsitent rotations.

if you get a winners choice string the peep stays in the right spot. Try the G-5 peep (magnesium), they have magnum hunter size all the way down to a small target size peep.

Bowzone_Mikey
07-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Worlds best Strings and grips

Alan Andreas
Leader Sask

I have used alot of strings and Alans are by far and large the best I have used.

I had some high end strings on my super tec ... within 100 shots the serving separated ... that was their special agressive cam serving to boot. I change strings on my hunting bow every 2 years and on my target bows every 6 months regardless of wear(many thousands of shots) ... all my strings from Allan are brand new with no serving separation zero stretch therfore no peep rotation either.

You can give him a call at 306-628-3992 or email him at abandreas@sasktel.net (abandreas@sasktel.net)

He doesnt do strings for a living ...he does em cause he loves the sport ... the price and service will reflect that .... think about 60 bucks for a full harness shipped priority post to your door. usaully on the third day your opening a package from him

Nails
07-28-2007, 11:29 PM
I ordered custom coloured string and cable from Winners Choice through National Archery http://www.ca.nationalarcherysupply.com/ out of Winnipeg last month. They make a excellent string and cable, no creep, this has been my second set of stings and cables. Great service from national archery.

jessbennett
07-28-2007, 11:36 PM
a second for alan at worlds best. top notch...... thats all that goes on my bows..

Dirty
07-29-2007, 12:07 AM

I wouldn't rush out and get a new string if your peep doesn't rotate perfectly. I would mess around with it a lot before I did that. Sometimes they can be very finicky to get right.

xtremearchery
07-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I use winner choice cables and strings. They have almost no stretch and zero twisting. I put them on every bow I get. We have almost every size you'll need, and if we don't have it we can get them in a few days. Contact Big Game Archey if you need more info. biggamearchery@shaw.ca