PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Seabass
01-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Earlier on on another post I was talking about going on a moose hunt sometime next year. Never been on one and don't really have a good idea of where to go. First off about me, I'm not looking for a boone and crocket bull moose here. I'm basiclly a meat hunter. So I would like to ask my fellow huntingbc memebers where is the most likey place I'll be able to bag a bull or cow (and get its meat in my feezer) here in BC. I've already made up my loads for my Marlin 45/70 :smile:
Thanks
Seabass

love the woods
01-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Hey Seabass.It really depends on how far you want to travel.LEH will be an important factor as well.Are you thinking of a LEH hunt or an open season?

Seabass
01-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Anywhere in BC i am willing to go. I don't know about LEh because I don't know where to go but either I supose.

love the woods
01-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Seabass check your e-mail.

palmer
01-05-2005, 03:02 PM
go in august around the pink mountain area...any bull is open....and they have not seen too much pressure

ape
01-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Hey Bass anywhere up around Chetwynd is good in Aug but it can be to warm sometimes in that area. If you like you can come up here to the Prince George area and I would be more than happy to take you out or give you some great areas to hunt in in our area. I am just an email away.

P.S. I found a new area this year that is heavily used but saw more moose this year than in 2 years combined. I find you just have to get further off the roads than the others and you will find them.

bone-collector
01-05-2005, 09:26 PM
go in august around the pink mountain area...any bull is open....and they have not seen too much pressure
pink mountain is a gong show of moose hunters to say the least as well as several guide outfits up there , it is a good area but not a super area especialy not knowing were and when

palmer
01-06-2005, 10:56 AM
I was just north of pink mountain two years ago in Aug. We saw plenty of moose, including lots of small bulls, caribou and elk. True there were some hunters but only about five camps on 30km of road. All you had to do was walk off the road a little way on some of the cut lines and the moose were right there.
Bone-collector is right you have to know where to go, so PM me if you are interested and I will give you directions

todbartell
01-06-2005, 12:51 PM

yes I agree, way up north there is alot of moose and early in the season will make for a nice hunt, bring bug dope ;-) nice country up there too...

bone-collector
01-06-2005, 09:59 PM
yup bug dope is esential in that country spent a couple of years guiding up there in the early fall

Sikanni Stalker
01-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Yeah ,I used to hunt houston and the morice area and I changed areas and came up a little south of Pink a few years ago. I moved up here to FSJ this fall. It is that good! moose ,Elk and everything else. truly God's country! From chetwyn and all points north. If you want to come up for the early hunt in Aug. let me know.

Tim

Tank
01-13-2005, 06:18 PM
We hunted bull moose in august just south of pink mountain. We were only an hour or two away but only saw two other hunters the entire time we were their. there was definitely alot of moose, but they only showed themselves for about a halfhour of shootin light at either end of the day. dont forget your bug spray!