PDA

View Full Version : BCWF REGION 2 AGM 2016 December 4

Whonnock Boy
11-17-2016, 11:25 AM
December 4th, 2016
Semiahmoo Fish and Game Club
1284 184 Street, Surrey.
10am-2pm

All region 2 BCWF members are welcome to attend, but only delegates appointed by clubs will be entitled to vote. Refreshments and light snacks will be provided. Come early!

Iron.Bender
11-18-2016, 12:20 PM
Will there be a Q+A for non voting attendees?

Wild one
11-18-2016, 12:32 PM
Just an honest ? But why is voting not open to all BCWF members

Whonnock Boy
11-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Unless we are stepping outside the box, no.

Will there be a Q+A for non voting attendees?

The way it's set up is, members direct their clubs, clubs then direct their delegates to vote on behalf of the club. The size of the club determines the amount of delegates each club is entitled to.

Just an honest ? But why is voting not open to all BCWF members

Iron.Bender
11-19-2016, 02:53 PM
That's a shame.

Moosehunter64
11-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Can direct members appoint someone to vote on there behalf ?

11-19-2016, 03:02 PM
As a member of BCWF but not ANY club, you can submit and apply to become a voting member. Check it out on the BCWF website page.

we can all have a voice. It's up to YOU and I to get more involved. Don't just sit on your hands and B and C that no one listens as many do. The BCWF is the best representative we have province wide for RESIDENT HUNTERS.
There is strength in numbers.

CT

Spy
11-19-2016, 03:09 PM
As a member of BCWF but not ANY club, you can submit and apply to become a voting member. Check it out on the BCWF website page.

we can all have a voice. It's up to YOU and I to get more involved. Don't just sit on your hands and B and C that no one listens as many do. The BCWF is the best representative we have province wide for RESIDENT HUNTERS.

CT
That's good info thanks

LupieHunter
11-19-2016, 03:11 PM
That's good info thanks
That is for the provincial agm. This ad is for the regional agm for region 2.

Whonnock Boy
11-19-2016, 04:46 PM
Direct members do not have a voting delegate at the regional level.

Can direct members appoint someone to vote on there behalf ?

CT

sthdslayer
11-19-2016, 07:26 PM
Looked at the website didn't see how a direct member could vote can someone please direct me.

Whonnock Boy
11-19-2016, 07:42 PM
This announcement is for the regional AGM. We do not have provisions for direct member clubs like the provincial body. Sorry for the confusion.

Looked at the website didn't see how a direct member could vote can someone please direct me.

sthdslayer
11-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Can you direct me to where it talks about voting at the provincial level then
Thanks

drakfero
11-21-2016, 10:22 PM
Are there any meetings in January or February?

Whonnock Boy
11-22-2016, 04:13 PM
You can view the Provincial constitution online if you sign up and login to the BCWF eCommunity found here. https://bcwf.thankyou4caring.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=291

Can you direct me to where it talks about voting at the provincial level then
Thanks

It depends on who is at the helm after the AGM. Currently the meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month, which may be changed to every second month.

Are there any meetings in January or February?

Iron.Bender
11-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Is there a way to have members questions to executive members presented through a sitting member of the BOD?

Bonz
11-25-2016, 09:31 AM
last time i heard of questions being sent to them for answers the ones sending the questions were told they arent allowed to talk about the answers or share them aperently
another gag order in a way

Whonnock Boy
11-25-2016, 10:17 AM
I guess it's possible if you know a BOD member and they're inclined to ask the question, or broach the subject that the question pertains to.

Is there a way to have members questions to executive members presented through a sitting member of the BOD?

You are speaking about two different board of directors. One is the Provincial board, and the other, which this thread relates to, is the regional board. The questions you are referring to were directed at the Provincial body, and it's my understanding that the questions asked were that of sensitive and confidential matters.

last time i heard of questions being sent to them for answers the ones sending the questions were told they arent allowed to talk about the answers or share them aperently
another gag order in a way

Whonnock Boy
11-30-2016, 11:35 AM
AGM is this weekend at Semiahmoo. All region 2 members are welcome to attend.

I'm sure there is, although I don't understand why you asked me here. Why didn't you ask Dale directly when you were speaking with him Jim Foxton.....?

Mulehahn
12-03-2016, 07:10 PM
The Region 2 AGM is tomorrow. If you can try to make it out. Should be a humdinger.

Whonnock Boy
12-03-2016, 07:33 PM
I forgot to give this a bump, so it's a good thing you're around. Be sure to search me out tomorrow. I'll be the guy with the largest target on my back. ;)

The Region 2 AGM is tomorrow. If you can try to make it out. Should be a humdinger.

Whonnock Boy
12-04-2016, 07:11 PM
To say that it was a heated affair, is an understatement. It was a very close election. The vote for president had to be run 3 times, with Chuck Zuckerman finally coming out on top. Congratulations to him. Mark McDonald remains Vice President, with a return of Dennis Zentner as second VP. Congrats to them as well. Forgive me as I do not have all the names of directors but, I welcome back the old, and welcome to the new, including our very own "Rob Chipman".

To be honest, I could elaborate greatly on all of the goings on today, but I'll save it for another day. Cheers.