PDA

View Full Version : What did I find?

greenhorn
06-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Found these today on a hike. I was following what I think is a game trail, and found an area where it looked like there had been alot of kills.

There were at least two different bone piles, and alot of bones spread out over a big area.

Anyone know what these skulls belong to? I'm guessing the first one is a young male deer since it has some "nubs" on it. Does that sound right?

Skull 1:
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5358&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent

Skull 2:
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5359&limit=recent

Untouchable
06-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Id say the first one is for sure some type of devil like creature, maybe hellboy???
No I would say the first pic is of a young buck and the second pic is of a bear cub. What do I win?8)

Wildman
06-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Id say the first one is for sure some type of devil like creature, maybe hellboy???
No I would say the first pic is of a young buck and the second pic is of a bear cub. What do I win?8)

Definatly Hell Boy!

BearSniper
06-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Skulls

First one looks like a very young buck

Second one could be smal game such as a raccoon, skunk or hare ?

Just my opinion;-)

Bow Walker
06-28-2007, 07:18 AM
I'd say...
Young button buck and maybe a fawn or bear cub

greenhorn
06-28-2007, 07:22 PM
For the second one, I think raccoon is correct. This area doesn't have any bears, as far as I know. I don't think it's a rabbit because the front teeth look like small canines.

I wonder how young that buck would have been. Should I get those antlers scored, I think they lack spread and mass for the BC book. Whaddya think :-D

pupper
06-28-2007, 07:43 PM
1) a demon
2) bear skull (bears have that ridge on the top of their skull)

BCLongshot
06-28-2007, 07:45 PM
2 skulls...............

greenhorn
06-28-2007, 07:57 PM
2 skulls...............

Thanks for clearing that up for me :mrgreen:

bsa30-06
06-28-2007, 08:44 PM
2 skulls...............

Dale, your such a wealth of knowledge.:mrgreen:

First one i would agree small buck.
Second one maybe small bear,not sure.

Chuck
06-28-2007, 09:12 PM
I'd say that the first one is not a buck, as why would the antlers be disconnected from the bony nubs in such a fashion? That's why I think it
might be a domestic goat or sheep in which the horn sheath can be pulled from the bony nub thereby leaving that tapered shape. As for the second one, I would suggest a small dog, though the snout is short, who knows they breed so many different dog shapes these days. Definitely interesting just the same.

greenhorn
06-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I'd say that the first one is not a buck, as why would the antlers be disconnected from the bony nubs in such a fashion? That's why I think it
might be a domestic goat or sheep in which the horn sheath can be pulled from the bony nub thereby leaving that tapered shape. As for the second one, I would suggest a small dog, though the snout is short, who knows they breed so many different dog shapes these days. Definitely interesting just the same.

If I posted pictures of the teeth (what's left of them), would you be able to tell. They look kinda funky, not what I'd expect from a deer.

As for the idea of finding someone's dog :(, that doesn't make me feel cool. I was thinking raccoon, but you may be right.

Mr. Dean
06-29-2007, 01:56 AM
Definately 2 skulls.