PDA

View Full Version : BCWF Region 5 AGM

TPK
09-20-2016, 03:07 PM
The BCWF Region 5 AGM will be held Saturday October 15th, 1:00 P.M. at the Quesnel Rod and Gun Club - 3398 Nazko Rd.

For further information please contact Ken Last 250-991-0215

If you are in Region 5 PLEASE come out, we need bodies there. You don't have to take anything on, just show up so we have a quorum for a change.

*** Please NOTE the date has been changed from Sunday October 16th to Saturday October 15th, sorry about that. ***

Spy
09-20-2016, 03:12 PM
Why during the hunting season while most are away hunting?

Whonnock Boy
09-20-2016, 03:21 PM
I must admit, he does have a good question, especially with your concern for a quorum.

Why during the hunting season while most are away hunting?

Spy
09-20-2016, 07:12 PM
I'm sure you have a good explanation, but why would you have a meeting for hunters, at the peak of the moose rut, or during the hunting season?
I'm sure if you had it at the end of the season you would have, many more members attending. :-)

TPK
09-21-2016, 08:32 AM
100% agree with you guys, but I am not, and was not involved in the picking of the date, just passing on the information. As it is, I will have to hold up a couple of days on my hunting trip in order to attend. I would have liked to head out Saturday the 15th but now won't be going until Monday the 17th.

Nothing nefarious or calculated about the date, that's just the soonest the person that had the job shuffled to his plate was able to pull it off. Partly due to when he found out in combination with the minimum # of days notice required .. 30 I think, partly his personal schedule, and I guess also he wanted to avoid the really bad winter driving, the roads in October are still not too bad.

As far as the date and having a quorum .. doesn't seem to matter in Region 5, we used to hold the AGM in March/April at the Williams Lake Sportsman Association club house for years, seldom had enough people show up then either. We would have more people from outside Williams Lake show up (Quesnel, 100 Mile, Lone Butte, Bella Coola, etc.) than people that lived there and were members of the club where the meeting was held.

CaribooBC
09-25-2016, 11:25 PM
Same comment as the others about being in hunting season. I would have come up, but my hunting time is very limited this year so I will be out in the bush on the 16th.

TPK
09-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Bump to keep this on the RADAR.

TPK
10-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Last bump before the meeting this Saturday.