PDA

View Full Version : Blockade Protocol

BCWF
09-15-2016, 04:31 PM
Blockade Protocols

Any hunters who encounter a blockade are advised to follow these steps:

1. Stay calm, be safe and do not do anything aggressive or try to “run” the blockade.

If you are safely able to do so:

2. Ask: Are you preventing me from using the road? Why are you preventing me? Who are you and who do you represent?

3. Photograph and video the location and interaction, if it can be done safely. Any vehicle, structure, or gate blocking the road should be photographed.

4. Take notes of the interaction directly after it is over. Note the location, the individuals (with numbers, descriptions or identities, if known, license plates etc), and the content of the conversation. Also note any impacts of being prevented from accessing the area and the number of people affected.

5. On a map, mark the location of the blockade and the location of the activities prevented from being undertaken.

6. Provide copies of documents which describe legal rights being interfered with such as permits, grants, licences, contracts, including copies of documents.

7. Contact the BC Wildlife Federation Office @ 1-888-881-2293, file a complaint with the RCMP and Conservation Officer Service at your earliest convenience.

adriaticum
09-15-2016, 05:11 PM
This has been the protocol for a while and no blockade was ever removed by the authorities.
Why should we do the same thing over again and expect different results?

Good2bCanadian
09-15-2016, 05:11 PM
How many complaints were filed last year and did the RCMP or COs act on any of these complaints?

Surrey Boy
09-15-2016, 05:49 PM
This has been the protocol for a while and no blockade was ever removed by the authorities.

More advice from a GreenPeace infiltrator?

I learned different from General Custer and Captain Cook.

stonepoint
09-15-2016, 06:45 PM
More advice from a GreenPeace infiltrator?

I learned different from General Custer and Captain Cook.

Yeah. Custer was turned into an archery target at the young age of 36.
Cook was beaten and eaten at 50.
Them's pretty grim lessons.

Sitkaspruce
09-15-2016, 06:52 PM

Any better rational ideas Sherlock???

Cheers

SS

wrenchhead
09-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Bust the gate going '98, let those truckers roll

Wentrot
09-15-2016, 07:47 PM
Bust the gate going '98, let those truckers roll

Amen. Show em how things can go when people don't just roll over.

scotty30-06
09-15-2016, 07:50 PM
Better have a mighty convoy;p.....sorry I had to

Surrey Boy
09-15-2016, 08:05 PM

Driving a De Soto, give them a Wounded Knee.

358mag
09-15-2016, 08:13 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYQAJplXMaevxPtlJ5I0b0Fc0BLw3bN eGxkPUrsL42RE-8oj2r7Q This is the front door we should be ok Lock + Load Baby bring it on

Gateholio
09-15-2016, 08:19 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrN2uLcwwOMd1pHmzC9sAhLVfDq1CLi BFFkgfXN_EQbas32so_

takla1
09-15-2016, 08:37 PM
was turned back in 7-28 by a blockaid about 12 yrs ago,first time being co-operative ,3 days later we went back weren't so co-operative and got in.Got a visite from the rc's the next day in there at camp and got a reprimand but no charges were layed by them or us and we finished our 2 week hunt without incident

takla

Surrey Boy
09-15-2016, 08:42 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrN2uLcwwOMd1pHmzC9sAhLVfDq1CLi BFFkgfXN_EQbas32so_

Mr Horsepower? Woody Woodpecker?

Onesock
09-15-2016, 09:21 PM
So far what has playing by the rules got us........ more road blocks because they know we won't do anything!

09-15-2016, 09:27 PM
Crank the tunes .......

This Land is your land, this land is my land ........ Just one thought.

One Set of Rules for EVERY ONE !

Interferring with a legal Hunt is illegal, period.

walks with deer
09-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Sneak it there camp sidewall there tires and punch k nails in there gas tank.

Have someone cover you then smash the gate and drive they can't follow..

Lol.

adriaticum
09-15-2016, 10:00 PM
Any better rational ideas Sherlock???

Cheers

SS

Yes, take a safety course on driving front loaders and lets go.

Why?
You would fight a blockade with a rational idea?

itsy bitsy xj
09-15-2016, 10:00 PM

teah thats what I was thinking , now i gotta find that song om youtube to listen to it

honeyman76
09-16-2016, 08:00 AM
Blockade Protocols

Any hunters who encounter a blockade are advised to follow these steps:

1. Stay calm, be safe and do not do anything aggressive or try to “run” the blockade.

If you are safely able to do so:

2. Ask: Are you preventing me from using the road? Why are you preventing me? Who are you and who do you represent?

3. Photograph and video the location and interaction, if it can be done safely. Any vehicle, structure, or gate blocking the road should be photographed.

4. Take notes of the interaction directly after it is over. Note the location, the individuals (with numbers, descriptions or identities, if known, license plates etc), and the content of the conversation. Also note any impacts of being prevented from accessing the area and the number of people affected.

5. On a map, mark the location of the blockade and the location of the activities prevented from being undertaken.

6. Provide copies of documents which describe legal rights being interfered with such as permits, grants, licences, contracts, including copies of documents.

7. Contact the BC Wildlife Federation Office @ 1-888-881-2293, file a complaint with the RCMP and Conservation Officer Service at your earliest convenience.

I concur with this post. I can tell you, its a lot harder to gather all of these details then one would think. Speaking from a recent experience in 3-32, one thing that will likely come up and prevent charges (this matter is still being investigated by the RCMP) will likely be length of time stopped at a road block. Did they let you through after the incident..(Yes, but I had to comply with their demands) At the end of the day, there maybe no charges... sadly.I will write about my full experience after I find out..It was not a pleasant experience when you want to travel freely on a public road and to be stopped by a person.. It wrecked my day.

Cordillera
09-17-2016, 05:27 AM
ok calm down..... the advice from the fed is bang on. There have been dozens of blockades over the years and eventually they all came down with no one hurt.

Stresd
09-17-2016, 06:12 AM
ok calm down..... the advice from the fed is bang on. There have been dozens of blockades over the years and eventually they all came down with no one hurt.

No one hurt?????
Some reading with FN blockade incidents of cops being shot and people being killed.

http://ir.lib.uwo.ca/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1088&context=iipj

Surrey Boy
09-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Until Canada reforms the Supreme Court, ridding itself of activist judges, we will not be able to fix this.

adriaticum
09-17-2016, 10:43 AM

Blockades always come down after the hunting season is over.

Edzzed
09-18-2016, 02:05 PM
Don't get mad, Get even. Blockade the blockaders

srupp
09-19-2016, 02:49 AM
Hmmm no help the current federal rep for justice is Indian. .on stage with another dead eagle feather bemoaning and crying 60 million isn't enough for missing women's. ..no sorry just missing and killed aboriginal investigation..she has no time nor inclination to stop this..and CC is already preening herself for an election..

Frustrated

Xenomorph
09-19-2016, 08:32 AM
Hmmm no help the current federal rep for justice is Indian. .on stage with another dead eagle feather bemoaning and crying 60 million isn't enough for missing women's. ..no sorry just missing and killed aboriginal investigation..she has no time nor inclination to stop this..and CC is already preening herself for an election..

Frustrated

Since when were men unable to be men?!? Is the adjacent public land as well? If this continues it will end up with two things: access cut off for good or someone gets hurt and finally the authorities jump in to save face.

Say hundreds of us show up to "clean up" the road from debris, a couple military trucks and so on, how good the media and authorities attention do you think we'd gather.

I'm willing to sacrifice a weekend or a week if needed. Find me the men, the trucks ...and let's get down to business. I'm not saying aggression, I'm saying gentle, careful exercise of our rights.

itsy bitsy xj
09-19-2016, 08:50 AM
Since when were men unable to be men?!? Is the adjacent public land as well? If this continues it will end up with two things: access cut off for good or someone gets hurt and finally the authorities jump in to save face.

Say hundreds of us show up to "clean up" the road from debris, a couple military trucks and so on, how good the media and authorities attention do you think we'd gather.

I'm willing to sacrifice a weekend or a week if needed. Find me the men, the trucks ...and let's get down to business. I'm not saying aggression, I'm saying gentle, careful exercise of our rights.

Tell me when its go time