PDA

View Full Version : interior spring bear...

3kills
01-01-2005, 05:36 AM
okay seein as how the island boys and the northern boys are doing a spring bear hunt and i wont be able to go to either i was think about some of us guys from around here get together and do one....whatcha all say???

01-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Do we really want to embarass them like that? The interior may not have the largest bruins (though there are some big ones around) but we sure have some of the neatest looking phased bears. l'd be interested in meeting some of the local boys.

Steeleco
01-01-2005, 12:10 PM
I'd like to win the 6-49 and go to all three:roll::roll: But as that's not likely to happen and working a goofy shift the interior one seem more likely. I'm in (shift dependant!!)

bone-collector
01-01-2005, 12:10 PM
I would roll my eyes at that comment but feel sympathetic that you guys just dont fit in anywere :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kirby
01-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Well, I'm thinking I might head up north to the one there, but I'd be more than willing to have one down here, I know a couple area with some good bruins, and would like to meet some of the more local boys.

Kirby

houndogger
01-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Would like to see one of you guys get a nice colored bear this year! :p

Sounds like the Norther boys are starting to breakup! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steeleco
01-01-2005, 03:31 PM
I would roll my eyes at that comment but feel sympathetic that you guys just dont fit in anywere :lol: :lol: Right through the heart:| and it's not even hunting season yet!!!!!!!! That's it buddy guns at 50 pace's.

What am I thinking you've got a 458:roll:

rrfred
01-01-2005, 10:21 PM
hmm good thought ... I might be corruptable, shh dont tell... theres some good 'uns around the interior too... cant wait til the spring bear opener cheers/ rrfred

Freshtracks
01-02-2005, 02:12 AM
3killslookin4more...I post in the 'bears!!!to shoot or not to shoot!!!' thread about picking a place and date....your end of the interior isn't to far for us coast/valley guys.

SteadyGirl
01-03-2005, 05:41 PM
okay seein as how the island boys and the northern boys are doing a spring bear hunt and i wont be able to go to either i was think about some of us guys from around here get together and do one....whatcha all say???

I'm in for a spring bear hunt :grin: I would even go to the island or nothern bc, that is if you guys don't mind a female tagalong :-P

BCMinx

Kirby
01-03-2005, 06:06 PM
BCminx, I am sure that wouldn't be a problem.

3kills, you got PM inbound.

Kirby

palmer
01-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Well boys and girls, if you want to come this far east...I can set us in a camp where we will see 15 -20 bears in a day and all color combos. And yes if you are wondering some real hogs. Its a great spot for stalking or drivein...whatever you want.
The timing for the best bears would be early May.

Freshtracks
01-04-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm in for a spring bear hunt :grin: I would even go to the island or nothern bc, that is if you guys don't mind a female tagalong :-P

BCMinx
As I see it, everyone on this board is welcome to bear camp. ;)

Kirby
01-04-2005, 12:41 AM
I'll say that palmer is in some big bear country, I seen two very nice hogs when I was down there in Oct. Also some decent elk around there, but those will wait till the fall.

Kirby

3kills
01-04-2005, 04:02 AM
kirby pm answered

freshtracks is right everyone is welcome...especially female members;-) :grin: lol...

bcminx...is that u steady???

love the woods
01-04-2005, 08:20 AM
3 Kills im in.I wouldnt mind a nice cinnamon.

zigman
01-04-2005, 03:41 PM
palmer:
Do you live around Christina lk? My inlaws live in Grand Forks. We just moved them there in sept. I would definitely be into finding some good areas arond there to hunt. Up til now we always concentrated our efforts from anarchist to jewel lk. This fall I did go up the gilpin but was too short on time to get anywhere.

BwanaDave
01-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Definetly interested !!! my 15 year old son is pumped to get his first bear this spring, Of course I'd like to find a hog as well!:)

Steeleco
01-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Sounds like all the bears need to keep a low profile in BC next spring!!!!!!!!

Kirby
01-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Well all we need now is someone to organise a Queens island hunt and we are set.

Kirby

Marc
01-04-2005, 08:45 PM
BCminx welcome to the site, I'm sure the Island bunch would be more then happy to have another hunter in camp for the spring bear hunt if you decide to come where the green grass grows even in the dead of winter :mrgreen:

palmer
01-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Boys if we decide to do it here ...lots of bears ,,about 50-50 black / brown and all in between and really no pressure....a very under hunted area.

BwanaDave
01-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Im definetly interested Palmer and would be bringing my son with me if we can put this together. It would be good to meet some of the other members and like minded hunters, probably add up to a whole lot of fun with some fresh air and exercise thrown in and maybe even a cool one or two around the campfire.:grin:

palmer
01-05-2005, 03:00 PM
sounds great hopefully whereever we have it ....we get a good turnout and get to meet each other

SteadyGirl
01-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Yea 3kills its me :grin: How bout may long weekend for a bear hunt? The bigger ones should be up by then too. Early may I'm not so sure.

Minx

love the woods
01-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah Minx has a good idea about a long weekend.That way we can save our holidays for the big trips

3kills
01-05-2005, 04:52 PM
thats the date that i was shooting for when i thought about it...we just gotta find a spot and what not...me and a few other members (who ever wants to help plan and what not) can work out some details and stuffs....

Kirby
01-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Well, I know of a couple areas north of kamloops that would work in Late may, I have 3 areas I can think of off the top of my head in which I have seen/and or taken large boars out of. I would be willing to take a couple of guys into. So, between 3kills and myself we have south of kamloops, and north of kamloops. The areas I hunt are almost all spot and stalk, and some good color variations. If we are serious, lets set aside May long?

Kirby

SteadyGirl
01-05-2005, 07:41 PM
May long is good for me :grin: Concider it done if 3kills is still open to the long weekend... There are a few places I wouldn't mind seeing less bears thats for sure!

Minx

3kills
01-05-2005, 08:08 PM
sounds good to me...now all we need to decide on is where we are going to go

SteadyGirl
01-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Picking a place will be the tricky part. I have a good bear meadow but it doesn't open up till July from the snow, and its five hours steep uphill. There are alot of bears up your way 3kills.. damn well had to share a camp with one where you sent me :-)

Minx

jackychiles
01-05-2005, 08:21 PM
I have seen more than a few cinnamon coloured bears in the Christina lake area over the past few years, although I have not been able to take one yet. Palmer may have a good area.

Jacky

Freshtracks
01-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Well I've concentrated my last few spring bear hunts in the Nahatlatch...nice colour variations and size....but you need to watch out for the odd grizz. :shock:

I'm open to any location for a May Long weekend hunt, maybe even get some early fly fishing in. :wink:

LOL...though that was Steady.

Palmer.. a trip back to Christina Lk. would rekindle the images of that 6x6 bull my son (had LEH) and I seen 2 falls back....maybe this year it's my turn. :-D

palmer
01-06-2005, 11:03 AM
freshtracks...this year you could not go out without seeing elk.I had two friends take 6x6's and we saw so many large bulls...if one could just get a draw...

palmer
01-06-2005, 04:00 PM
some friends of mine do a bear camp every year, last year one of them took a brown that made the all time B-C ....man was it a hog..on that same trip they also took another 7 footer...so they are around you just have to look....The place I have in mind is closed to hunting in the fall so it only gets pressure in the late spring...I was in there last year with LT...we missed two dandy bears and saw dozens more over three days...

Kirby
01-06-2005, 10:32 PM
A problem with May long, is that EVERYBODY is in the bush, around here you can't find a respectable camping spot to save your life. so unless people are willing to get up a day early, to take the spot, we might want to think about bumping the hunt weekend back. However, if this is the only weekend available, I'll see what I can do to get some areas set up.

Kirby

3kills
01-07-2005, 03:22 AM
i agree that camping spots are gone past during may long...however if we go to spot thats not a usual camping spot and set up then we dont have to worry about that..

Freshtracks
01-08-2005, 01:39 AM
freshtracks...this year you could not go out without seeing elk.I had two friends take 6x6's and we saw so many large bulls...if one could just get a draw...
LOL...yeah getting the draw. My son got his the first time (2 falls ago, got tired of trying to figure out the Is.) we applied there, the following year my buddy got his draw and took a nice 6x6. Maybe this year for me. :roll:

leftcoast
01-08-2005, 09:14 AM
You guys are going good. Now that we got a third hunt set up are you interior folks gonna get in on the competition? Largest skull using an aggragate score.

Bonez and Houndogger are the contact guys for the competition.

=keith=

Kirby
01-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Leftcoast, sounds good to me. Are we just going largest? or gonna go largest rifle, and largest bow?

Kirby

houndogger
01-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Ya we talked about total combined but I think a largest bow, and rifle would be good also. We could still do a total for all. What do you guys think?

bone-collector
01-08-2005, 10:24 AM
I think your gonna lose no matter what rules you make :lol: :lol:

but anything is fine with me :smile:

3kills
01-08-2005, 10:25 AM
i m not really into having the competition..

palmer
01-08-2005, 04:03 PM
BRING ON THE HOGS.....the sooner spring the better

01-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Couldn't care less about competeing with anyone............just looking forward to getting out:) , wouldn't mind heading down Christina Lk area if there is enough interest in having a get together.........

wayne callsen
01-09-2005, 11:34 AM
if you are looking for good hunt come up to williams lk more bear than you can slap around, and yes ladies are always welcome:lol:

palmer
01-11-2005, 11:33 AM
There seems to be enough interest in coming to interior that maybe we could have two hunts in the interior. It seems one is planned for the kamloops area, and if anybody is interested we could have one here in Christina Lake. I know myself and LT are already planning a bear hunt here in May. The more the merrier.

Kirby
01-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Palmer, sounds like thats a good option, fair number of people showing intrest down there, and if your hunt is at a different time from ours I'll come on down, I have two tags anyways.

Kirby