PDA

View Full Version : Bcwf - moose tracker app live!

BCWF
08-23-2016, 04:26 PM
A new interactive tool is allowing British Columbians to help wildlife biologists monitor moose populations and inform conservation efforts, Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations Steve Thomson announced today.

The B.C. Moose Tracker app, available through iTunes, lets users upload information on the number, sex and location of moose they encounter in the wild directly to an online database. The data will the help the Province monitor moose populations by alerting staff to emerging issues.

The app also includes a digital version of 2016-2018 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis, a searchable, interactive summary of hunting regulations throughout British Columbia.

The app supports the Province’s ongoing efforts to strengthen its moose management strategy through the modernization of licensing, inventory and research methods.

The Province developed B.C. Moose Tracker in consultation with the B.C. Wildlife Federation and with the financial support of the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2016FLNR0183-001519

DOWNLOAD THE APP HERE!

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/environment/plants-animals-ecosystems/wildlife/wildlife-health/wildlife-health-matters/moose-health/bc-moose-tracker

Spy
08-23-2016, 04:28 PM
Sounds great but maybe a wolf tracker might be the answer we all know what the real problem is?

carnivore
08-23-2016, 04:49 PM
Once some data is compiled we should be able to plot potential honey holes on google earth.:wink:

Surrey Boy
08-23-2016, 04:51 PM
I can see this being sabotaged by PETA the first season.

steveo
08-23-2016, 04:52 PM
Sounds great but maybe a wolf tracker might be the answer we all know what the real problem is?Ya, If only somebody would start a wolf tracker, he he.

MB_Boy
08-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Once some data is compiled we should be able to plot potential honey holes on google earth.:wink:

Haha.....I am going to guess it's similar to the "Whale Report" app where users don't get to see where they are being seen. :wink:

I kinda wondered that when I started using the Whale app out on the chuck if it would just be a tool for the watching boats to hone in on where they were? My inquiry was quickly answered by the BC Cetacean Sightings Network that nobody aside from researchers will see the data. :wink:

Spy
08-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Ya, If only somebody would start a wolf tracker, he he.
Is there a wolf tracker app?? Details if there is ;-)

Slinky Pickle
08-23-2016, 05:44 PM
Is there a wolf tracker app?? Details if there is ;-)

http://wolftracker.ca/

Stresd
08-23-2016, 05:57 PM
Itunes???? What the hell is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need to download that crap onto my android to get this Moose App? Guess I'm not getting it.

todbartell
08-23-2016, 05:57 PM
So is this app alive because the guy who did the mymoose app wanted $$$$$ for the data??

Whonnock Boy
08-23-2016, 06:13 PM
I believe the govt. told him to pound sand and then had this new app developed.

So is this app alive because the guy who did the mymoose app wanted $$$$$ for the data??

Piperdown
08-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Haha.....I am going to guess it's similar to the "Whale Report" app where users don't get to see where they are being seen. :wink:

I kinda wondered that when I started using the Whale app out on the chuck if it would just be a tool for the watching boats to hone in on where they were? My inquiry was quickly answered by the BC Cetacean Sightings Network that nobody aside from researchers will see the data. :wink:

Hey you fackin philly fan, shouldn't you be watching your rods instead of playing with your phone:tongue:

jhausner
09-01-2016, 01:29 PM
More than 50% of phone users in North America use Android, and 75%+ in the world, yet only an IOS app?

Bah.

Whonnock Boy
09-01-2016, 03:11 PM
I believe it's coming. There are a couple kinks to work out still.

More than 50% of phone users in North America use Android, and 75%+ in the world, yet only an IOS app?

Bah.