PDA

View Full Version : 10-22 Magazine Confiscations

Surrey Boy
08-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Does the BCWF have a position on this?

Does the BCWF plan to take or join any action?

Singleshotneeded
08-12-2016, 12:23 PM
They're now being confiscated on sight by LEOs?

adriaticum
08-12-2016, 12:37 PM
I don't think so. BCWF doesn't have much to do with this. Although perhaps they should.
If all provincial wildlife associations got together and focused their resources on specific issues like this, I'm sure we would get better representation.

Fisher-Dude
08-12-2016, 02:49 PM
Join the CSSA.

The BCWF does a lot for gun owners, but let's remember we're mostly a conservation organization.

The CSSA is leading the charge against Trudeau's gun confiscations, so let's support them with a membership and keep up to date on how we can help out through their communications media.

08-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Any one know of any one having actually lost their mags? Read something recently that suggested the cops on their own didn't have the power to create and in act law.......

russm
08-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Haven't heard of any being confiscated yet but i was in wss and they only have 10 and 5 shots now not so long ago they had 25s.

Phila
08-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Jim Glaicar, president of BCWF has contacted the Honorable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety to formally protest this action by the RCMP.

A copy of his letter follows.

Phil Andrew, Volunteer Firearms Committee, BCWF

July 29, 2016
The Hon. Ralph Goodale, M.P.
Minister of Public Safety
House of Commons
Ottawa, Canada
K1A 0A6

I am writing to you today to object in the strongest terms to what appears to be an arbitrary decision by the RCMP Firearms Laboratory that has declared magazines for commonly available .22 caliber rifles in Canada to be prohibited devices. This action is unwarranted and serves little purpose other than alienating the vast majority of Canadian citizens who enjoy recreational sport shooting.

We believe the action of the RCMP unwittingly places many law abiding citizens in unauthorized possession of a prohibited device. The .22 caliber rifle is probably the most commonly used weapon for recreational use such as hunting in Canada by well intentioned, law abiding citizens.
As Minister of Public Safety, I implore you to correct this misguided declaration by the RCMP as it has little to do with public safety and threat to our society. My organization believes you did not intend to criminalize thousands of recreational sport shooters with this action and therefore I request your reconsideration of this unnecessary imposition. I am very concerned that your government has placed many law abiding citizens in a law breaking position.
Thank you. I look forward to receiving your positive response.

Yours in Conservation,

Jim Glaicar
President
BC Wildlife Federation
Copies to:
The Rt Hon. Justin Trudeau, P.C., M.P.
Prime Minister of Canada
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

caddisguy
08-12-2016, 05:33 PM
That is excellent to see. Thanks for posting.

KBC
08-12-2016, 07:13 PM
It's too bad he said .22 caliber rifles are the most common "weapon".

08-13-2016, 07:23 AM
Jim Glaicar, president of BCWF has contacted the Honorable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety to formally protest this action by the RCMP.

A copy of his letter follows.

Phil Andrew, Volunteer Firearms Committee, BCWF

July 29, 2016
The Hon. Ralph Goodale, M.P.
Minister of Public Safety
House of Commons
Ottawa, Canada
K1A 0A6

I am writing to you today to object in the strongest terms to what appears to be an arbitrary decision by the RCMP Firearms Laboratory that has declared magazines for commonly available .22 caliber rifles in Canada to be prohibited devices. This action is unwarranted and serves little purpose other than alienating the vast majority of Canadian citizens who enjoy recreational sport shooting.

We believe the action of the RCMP unwittingly places many law abiding citizens in unauthorized possession of a prohibited device. The .22 caliber rifle is probably the most commonly used weapon for recreational use such as hunting in Canada by well intentioned, law abiding citizens.
As Minister of Public Safety, I implore you to correct this misguided declaration by the RCMP as it has little to do with public safety and threat to our society. My organization believes you did not intend to criminalize thousands of recreational sport shooters with this action and therefore I request your reconsideration of this unnecessary imposition. I am very concerned that your government has placed many law abiding citizens in a law breaking position.
Thank you. I look forward to receiving your positive response.

Yours in Conservation,

Jim Glaicar
President
BC Wildlife Federation
Copies to:
The Rt Hon. Justin Trudeau, P.C., M.P.
Prime Minister of Canada
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

I like this ......

BlacktailStalker
08-14-2016, 03:52 PM

Yeah no kidding ��

Bubba123
08-15-2016, 11:16 AM
I think it is incumbent for all officials that are front facing to politicians, police and the media to use language that is not inflammatory. Calling a .22 rifle a 'weapon' falls into the anti gun rhetoric trap. They should always be called firearms, and never weapons.

adriaticum
08-15-2016, 11:22 AM
Good on Jim, and he is a cop.

vkylev
08-23-2016, 07:23 AM
Why are the RCMP such fudds?

StoneHorse
09-04-2016, 08:13 PM
That jump right off the page for me. Poor word choice to say the least.