PDA

View Full Version : Bear Roast

NaStY
06-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Had a bear roast tonight. Was very good.
seared in olive oil the covered it in cranberry sauce and apple sauce baked for several hrs. yyyyuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm:-D:-D:-D

Mr. Dean
06-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Frankly I am amazed that some people give me a funny look when I tell them how great my Bear is tasting. I shoulda made less sausages and kept the hind 1/4's as steak meat.

This stuff is up there with the finest of all the beef's I've eaten. Glad you're enjoying yours.

Phil
06-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Looking forward to trying mine out.... I just need to forget about the smell of my boiling bear skull:-D

BCBear
06-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Frankly I am amazed that some people give me a funny look when I tell them how great my Bear is tasting.

I've run into similar responses after I've mentioned that mine is at the butcher's. Some smart people sure are dumb.

Mr. Dean
06-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Some smart people sure are dumb.

This should be made into a sticker or T-shirt. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

srupp
06-18-2007, 08:42 AM
However one never knows when you will geta "bad tasting bear" and you simply can not tell from appearance..it happens more in bears than deer moose etc what they are eating???Ive had 3 bad tasting bears....but thankfully most are amazing.
steven

Kirby
06-18-2007, 08:52 AM
I just stopped telling people its bear. It just game meat.

Kirby

farside
06-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Some people are just weird about bear meat and I don't know why. I put out some garlic sausage once for some company and they gobbled it up. Set out a second plate and mentioned what it was - not another piece got touched.

Mr. Dean
06-19-2007, 12:34 PM
However one never knows when you will geta "bad tasting bear" and you simply can not tell from appearance..it happens more in bears than deer moose etc

True and as you state, this can happen with ANY animal, be it game or other.

what they are eating???
I believe that you hit the head of the nail square on. I know that whatever I did on this spring hunt will be duplicated next spring. In regards to how the animal was selected. Hopefully I'll be able to get some consistancy.

Steeleco
06-19-2007, 12:45 PM
We have annual cul-d-sac pot luck. I could serve up beef tenderloin and half of the people that know I hunt won't touch it. The other half, can't wait to find out what it is. The ones that knowingly try my bear, rave about it.

I'd have to rate it as one of my favorite game meats too.

ratherbefishin
06-25-2007, 09:19 PM
my dad served deer as ''mountain lamb''-many a time to anti hunters!