PDA

View Full Version : Butcher

NaStY
06-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Can anyone recommend a butcher and or sausage maker in the Abbotsford area?

bruin
06-14-2007, 10:37 PM
One is Sumas Meats on Sumas flats, marion road. Another would be Remple Meats in Matsqui. I am not sure if Johnson Packers does wild game in Chilliwack, I'm thinking probably not.

Mr. Dean
06-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Ennis in Aldergrove.

kishman
06-15-2007, 04:58 AM
Wheymouth(sp?) Meats in Abby. is supposed to be good (but very busy). Remples doesn't cut game, but they cut a mean pork loin roast:-D.

kishman

Phil
06-15-2007, 07:36 AM
I have had great service at Ennis.

Buchaneer
06-15-2007, 07:44 AM
A group of us have been going to Sumas Meats on Marion Road for years. Have tried another in CHilliwack - but the sausage wasn't as good. The guys name is Kurt Krack @ 604-864-0434.

NaStY
06-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Ennis in Aldergrove.

Wheymouth(sp?) Meats in Abby

Thanks for the info but i guess i should have asked the question properly.

What i am looking for is a butcher that does game meat and the ph#.

Thanks........

Steeleco
06-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Sumas is a decent meat cutter, just don't say anything to upset the guy. He's got a VERY short fuse. He'll have to be the last cutter in town before I go back.

Whoever you decide to go with, call them first and ask plenty of questions. Like minimum fee? produces offered? turn times"
hours of operation? the latter being a big one, you may need to plan your trip home based on when you can drop off your meat.

NaStY
06-15-2007, 08:30 AM
You are right about the guy in sumas. Already called him 2 weeks ago and he was not a nice person to talk to. I guess i was asking too many questions of him and he ended up hanging up on me. Oh well his loss as far as im concerned......

Steeleco
06-15-2007, 08:41 AM
I have heard that, Wheymouth meats is a good guy, I've never used him myself. I don't believe he does sausage though??

Because of a Sumas I set up a shop to do most smaller critters myself.

mr eagle
06-15-2007, 11:07 PM
I have used Sumas in the past, even though the guy is cranky I cannot complain about the final product.

pupper
06-15-2007, 11:57 PM
I have used everybody around and now I debone and cut my own steaks/chops
but i bring my meat for sausage to Davis Meats on mt Lehman

they are very reasonable priced(alot cheaper than weymouth) and they do a phenomenal job.

they vacummed sealed all of my sausages, pepperoni and jerky in portion sized packs

i beleive the prices are something like this
farmer sausage- .85 lbs
italian - .85lbs
pepperoni -1.20lbs
jerky -1.20 lbs

and it is top notch quality. clean operation.

I used to use dimassimo but he up and left, he was good but pricey and you needed a 25lbs minimum for each type of sausage.

Ive used sumas meats. wouldnt recommend them or any of the backyard sausage makers i tried.

I hope this helps

Paulyman
07-18-2007, 11:27 PM
surrey quality meats is good, they have fantastic pepperoni and garlic coil. I got my whitetail done there last year so many compliments on the sausage.

BCBear
07-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Ennis is good

Paulyman
08-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Ennis dont show no love, right in the peak of hunting season they wouldnt take any after hours drop off's so thats when i tried North surrey quality meats,they took my deer at 9:00pm. those guys make garlic sausage like no other and if you like really tasty and hot pepperoni they're your guys among other things and they let you sample everything before you order.Actually the whitetail you see in my avatar is the deer that i brought to them mmmmmmmmmmmm spicy pepperoni.

SuperCub
09-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Can anyone recommend a butcher and or sausage maker in the Abbotsford area?
I'll come to your residence and teach you how to do it, for the price of a ticket from NB and a weeks hunt.

I'll bring over 20yrs experience as a commercial meatcutter and my rifle. :-D