PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to hear we lost some good staff members.

Sharkey
06-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear that we lost several good staff at the BCWF office this week. Wishing them all the best, wherever path they follow :)

FirePower
06-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Yes it is a shame to be certain, when well over half of any company's man power resign within a week of each other all voicing the same reason it would seem to be an indication of serious problems within.

Wentrot
06-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Hopefully things change before the ship totally sinks. Long time coming.

adriaticum
06-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Do tell...

Opinionated Ol Phart
06-09-2016, 08:39 PM
And the details???

scotty30-06
06-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Wow I wonder what's going on with them....thats not a good sign

Sharkey
06-09-2016, 08:44 PM
They lost a few good people all at once. I can't speak for their reasoning to quit - I just know they did and it's too bad.

FirePower
06-09-2016, 09:00 PM
They all sighted the same reason they could not continue to work under the new president, current operations manager and present conditions. I believe at least one sent a letter stating such to the entire bod.

Fisher-Dude
06-09-2016, 09:03 PM
They all sighted the same reason they could not continue to work under the new president, current operations manager and present conditions. I believe at least one sent a letter stating such to the entire bod.

Who told you that?

Gateholio
06-09-2016, 09:21 PM
I don't have any knowledge of this particular situation, but I will say this-

I've been involved in a number of "regime" changes in business, when a new manager or management was brought in, and there were some staff were not happy for various reasons that were-in my opinion-not very valid. More like their applecart was getting upset. Some quit, some got fired because they refused to move on and change with the new environment.

After the growing pains it usually ended up with a better, stronger company and a more positive workplace.

Change happens, often you can't control it. Usually all you can control is how you are going to react to it.

RiverOtter
06-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Oh boy, here we go again....:roll:

f350ps
06-09-2016, 11:36 PM
My guess is they quit before they were fired, new management usually means some changes are coming but I'm sure Mr. Firepower has some juicier gossip coming! K

06-10-2016, 12:18 AM
Your credibility is like your virginity - you can only lose it once. On this topic some members lost their virginity quite some time ago.

ruger#1
06-10-2016, 12:43 AM
I don't have any knowledge of this particular situation, but I will say this-

I've been involved in a number of "regime" changes in business, when a new manager or management was brought in, and there were some staff were not happy for various reasons that were-in my opinion-not very valid. More like their applecart was getting upset. Some quit, some got fired because they refused to move on and change with the new environment.

After the growing pains it usually ended up with a better, stronger company and a more positive workplace.

Change happens, often you can't control it. Usually all you can control is how you are going to react to it.Been through a few places like that. Company take overs. They usually try to trim the fat. Then they get a skeleton crew. Lots of fun.

Mulehahn
06-10-2016, 01:16 AM
I am not sure what direction this thread is going, but it truly is too bad. Further, from what I know everything said in this thread is true. I do not know the complete scenario, but for half the staff to decide it is better to walk out of steady employment and sacrifice EI and/or severance than continue I believe it to be bad.

The only 2 scenarios that play out are, a) These people were a detriment to the Federation and were to be removed and so they acted preemptively; or b) conditions deteriorated so quickly since the AGM that they felt they had to leave immediately. I have my own inclinations as to which is true, but either way it shows that the BCWF is in chaos. I hope things are straitened out soon.

houndogger
06-10-2016, 05:48 AM
How embarrassing

Knute
06-10-2016, 06:21 AM
How embarrassing

I feel like saying a whole lot more but this sums it up quite nicely.

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2016, 06:26 AM
How embarrassing

I agree. The guys on here that were promoting a candidate for president that felt that sending sexually-charged emails to a young lady was fine and dandy continue to embarrass themselves by spreading schoolgirl gossip.

That "crew" just can't seem to keep itself from self-destructing. Thank God the membership saw fit to elect a board without them at the helm.

boxhitch
06-10-2016, 06:58 AM
The Fed is supposed to be a bottom-up structure, more of an inverted pyramid, with the members influencing what the BOD does. Changes like this may point to a paradigm shift of that focal point ?
Members should be paying attention ?

BiG Boar
06-10-2016, 07:50 AM
I'm glad things are changing. If you don't like it, the door is always open. The BCWF has needed something like this for a long time. It used to be a big embarrassing joke. Hopefully the new master and chief can set a proper course, and start making a difference for us resident hunters.

The Hermit
06-10-2016, 09:33 AM
I agree. The guys on here that were promoting a candidate for president that felt that sending sexually-charged emails to a young lady was fine and dandy continue to embarrass themselves by spreading schoolgirl gossip.

That "crew" just can't seem to keep itself from self-destructing. Thank God the membership saw fit to elect a board without them at the helm.

Hey Pat am I just confused or are these two topics actually related? Is the sexy email scandal part of the staff quitting? What did happen with Patti a few years ago? History repeating itself? Clearly the discord didn't end with the election of a new BOD. What changes are needed to stabilize, re-invent, and move the organization forward?

FirePower
06-10-2016, 10:34 AM

Kudos Fisherdude, Classic deflection by bringing up old news totally unrelated to the topic at hand. However it does not change the fact there is serious trouble afoot within the BCWF.

houndogger
06-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Hey Pat am I just confused or are these two topics actually related? Is the sexy email scandal part of the staff quitting? What did happen with Patti a few years ago? History repeating itself? Clearly the discord didn't end with the election of a new BOD. What changes are needed to stabilize, re-invent, and move the organization forward?

shhh can't talk about that...

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Kudos Fisherdude, Classic deflection by bringing up old news totally unrelated to the topic at hand. However it does not change the fact there is serious trouble afoot within the BCWF.

Why are you so concerned with tarnishing the fed's image? What's in it for you?

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2016, 11:54 AM

Ask your close friends at GOABC. They may know more about those subjects than anyone on this forum.

The Hermit
06-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Ask your close friends at GOABC. They may know more about those subjects than anyone on this forum.

Interesting concept there Pat? Are you saying there is/was collusion between the GOABC and BCWF employees? I don't have any good friends in either organization but as for you...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/asshole.jpg

ruger#1
06-10-2016, 12:07 PM
I used that book to spot Jerry.

BgBlkDg
06-10-2016, 12:12 PM
This sort of infantile bullsh*t is WHY we are now and have been for some years LOSING the battle to keep our guns, former access to hunting/angling and tend to be seen by many members of the public as ignorant, "rednecks" who can only sling insults and behave like the kids in a third-rate daycare.

For phuque sakes, GROW UP and behave like adults!!!!

NOW, does anyone here have ANY actual FACTS as to what transpired and who/what is involved?

houndogger
06-10-2016, 12:16 PM
This sort of infantile bullsh*t is WHY we are now and have been for some years LOSING the battle to keep our guns, former access to hunting/angling and tend to be seen by many members of the public as ignorant, "rednecks" who can only sling insults and behave like the kids in a third-rate daycare.

NOW, does anyone here have ANY actual FACTS as to what transpired and who/what is involved?
Wolves are in the hen house.

FirePower
06-10-2016, 12:22 PM
5 members of the BCWF office staff resigned in the last week. All referenced not being able to work under the current president, operations manager and working conditions as their reason (at least) one has written a letter stating such to all members of the bod. These are the facts coming from the employees themselves.

Steeleco
06-10-2016, 12:25 PM
HBC isn't the venue for info gathering on the right's or wrongs with the BCWF.

Show up to a meeting and get the facts right and first hand. The BCWF is not far different from a union that FD likes so much. 10% show up to give a damn and make change, then the 90% that didn't get involved bitch about what the 10% did wrong

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2016, 12:27 PM
5 members of the BCWF office staff resigned in the last week. All referenced not being able to work under the current president, operations manager and working conditions as their reason (at least) one has written a letter stating such to all members of the bod. These are the facts coming from the employees themselves.

Who told you that?

FirePower
06-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Who told you that?
You sure seem to be concerned with who is letting the truth be known. Why do you want to know so badly, so you can make their life difficult? Not a chance.

Gateholio
06-10-2016, 12:50 PM

It's entirely possible that some of that serious trouble just walked out the door.

houndogger
06-10-2016, 12:58 PM
It's entirely possible that some of that serious trouble just walked out the door.
Think you have it backwards.

Spy
06-10-2016, 01:03 PM
HBC isn't the venue for info gathering on the right's or wrongs with the BCWF.

Show up to a meeting and get the facts right and first hand. The BCWF is not far different from a union that FD likes so much. 10% show up to give a damn and make change, then the 90% that didn't get involved bitch about what the 10% did wrong
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/image.php?u=294788&dateline=1431108954 (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?294788-BCWF)BCWF (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?294788-BCWF)
http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/statusicon/user-online.pngSenior Member

Join DateAug 2013Posts102

Re: Climate Impacts to America’s Hunting, Fishing, and Wildlife Heritage
BCWF shares posts and stories for the information of our members.

As such, BCWF doesn't necessarily support or condone the opinions expressed in the info we share - we are simply passing it on as information.

So its Ok to share some things on HBC? As a Paid up member of the BCWF, I would like to know whats going on? Do they have anything about this on their website yet ?

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2016, 01:08 PM
You sure seem to be concerned with who is letting the truth be known. Why do you want to know so badly, so you can make their life difficult? Not a chance.

Maybe one day you'll figure out that I rarely ask a question I don't already have the answer to.

Spy
06-10-2016, 01:10 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/image.php?u=294788&dateline=1431108954 (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?294788-BCWF)BCWF (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?294788-BCWF)
http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/statusicon/user-online.pngSenior Member

Join DateAug 2013Posts102

Re: Climate Impacts to America’s Hunting, Fishing, and Wildlife Heritage

BCWF shares posts and stories for the information of our members.

As such, BCWF doesn't necessarily support or condone the opinions expressed in the info we share - we are simply passing it on as information.

So its Ok to share some things on HBC? As a Paid up member of the BCWF, I would like to know whats going on? Do they have anything about this on their website yet ?

Don't worry went and checked for myself ! There is nothing up on the website. So HBC is just going to have to do for now!

FirePower
06-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Maybe one day you'll figure out that I rarely ask a question I don't already have the answer to.

Oh right you are sir, like when you were certain Toshiba 40 was from Ontario because of his avatar. Excuse me if I have my doubts of the credibility of that statement.

Gateholio
06-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Think you have it backwards.

I'm sure there are some BCWF members that think that, some that think the opposite, and then there is the majority, who won't really care that some employees decided they didn't want change.

Sitkaspruce
06-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Why does this shit even get posted on here is beyond me....

What is happening at the office with "office" staff really does not bother me, but to some, it seems to be a big deal.

Change is what it is...CHANGE,some like it, some don't, some will accept,some will adapt and some will move on. It's called life.

Until all the "facts" are out in the open, we can all assume.....which to some on here will make an ass out of them.

Sad that we squabble about trivial things when we have much bigger battles to fight......then when those come up, we are so divided by all the BS that we cannot stand together to fight the actual fight.

No wonder we are always on the defensive.......

Cheers

SS

Spy
06-10-2016, 02:32 PM
They lost a few good people all at once. I can't speak for their reasoning to quit - I just know they did and it's too bad.
What were their positions?

06-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Why does this shit even get posted on here is beyond me....

What is happening at the office with "office" staff really does not bother me, but to some, it seems to be a big deal.

Change is what it is...CHANGE,some like it, some don't, some will accept,some will adapt and some will move on. It's called life.

Until all the "facts" are out in the open, we can all assume.....which to some on here will make an ass out of them.

Sad that we squabble about trivial things when we have much bigger battles to fight......then when those come up, we are so divided by all the BS that we cannot stand together to fight the actual fight.

No wonder we are always on the defensive.......

Cheers

SS

I agree with you. From what I have learned in the last year - and I do say ignorance was bliss - is that politics and power struggles are very much at play in an organization that is supposed to uphold and promote noble causes and agendas. It seems that for some there is no such thing as altruistic service to these causes, rather they are frenetically contemptuous and egoistic in their lust for control. To those folks it doesn't matter that they are divisive because the weakness that division causes in the fuel they need to throw onto the fire in an effort to further their own agendas. They are happy that we incur losses so that they can come "fix" the problem - they can be the heroes.

Steeleco
06-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Don't worry went and checked for myself ! There is nothing up on the website. So HBC is just going to have to do for now!

This isn't the site for a bitch fest about another entity. Is the same discussion on going on one of the HBC offspring sites? Maybe BCWF should have a forum for such discussions? It might just get the silent majority more involved.
Discussion is always welcome here, but as is all too often to happen, the vocal minority will get this one closed too.

Spy
06-10-2016, 03:19 PM
This isn't the site for a bitch fest about another entity. Is the same discussion on going on one of the HBC offspring sites? Maybe BCWF should have a forum for such discussions? It might just get the silent majority more involved.
Discussion is always welcome here, but as is all too often to happen, the vocal minority will get this one closed too.
Basically the members just want to know whats going on! When reports of "good" staff leaving come up, we would obviously want to know whats going on! So for the people in the "know" whats going on why did they leave?

TPK
06-10-2016, 03:21 PM
As I've said before here and on other sites, the good things the BCWF do will continue, the politics and BS will also continue, so why not focus on the good and carry on doing that? The BCWF has been around for a long time, and will be around for a long time, it is the constant, the staff, the Exec, and BOD will always change.

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2016, 03:51 PM
Basically the members just want to know whats going on! When reports of "good" staff leaving come up, we would obviously want to know whats going on! So for the people in the "know" whats going on why did they leave?

Why are you so concerned with personal matters of other people?

We had a guy move on from our company a couple of months ago - shall I send you his contact info and letter of resignation to satisfy your curiousity, too?

REMINGTON JIM
06-10-2016, 04:27 PM

What ? They figure Jim is being to Tuff :roll: on them ? lol RJ

Lastcar
06-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Some high-quality dick swinging going on here! Been awhile...off to make popcorn.

Spy
06-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Why are you so concerned with personal matters of other people?

We had a guy move on from our company a couple of months ago - shall I send you his contact info and letter of resignation to satisfy your curiousity, too?
As a paid up member of the BCWF I think I have a right to know what's going on, the whole membership does! I don't care about your business Pat and that's a ridiculous example anyway!

kebes
06-10-2016, 04:56 PM
As a paid up member of the BCWF I think I have a right to know what's going on, the whole membership does! I don't care about your business Pat and that's a ridiculous example anyway!

People like you are the type that make life miserable for not for profit organizations. Demanding answers from sources that don't have them rather than going to the source.

I see a lot of common sense on this thread from guys like gatehouse and 1899 and just as much rumour mongering from other parties....

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2016, 04:58 PM

You have no right to know anything about private employment matters between an employer and other employees.

FirePower
06-10-2016, 05:23 PM
You have no right to know anything about private employment matters between an employer and other employees.
The BCWF id "owned" by around 45,000 "share holders" and the board is answerable to it's share holders. It is not unreasonable for members to expect to be kept apprised of how it's board is running the organization as well as how and where it's money is being spent. By the by, how did you enjoy your vacation last weekend?

tigrr
06-10-2016, 05:28 PM
I will join the BCWF tonight, regardless of the changing of the staff.

Gateholio
06-10-2016, 05:35 PM
The BCWF id "owned" by around 45,000 "share holders" and the board is answerable to it's share holders. It is not unreasonable for members to expect to be kept apprised of how it's board is running the organization as well as how and where it's money is being spent. By the by, how did you enjoy your vacation last weekend?

I'm pretty sure an average shareholder in a corporation doesn't have the ability to demand employee information. And I'm sure that the BCWF BOD would have to adhere to employee confidentiality rules. You might ask, but I bet there is no obligation to discuss and it may even be illegal to discuss employee affairs.

Any announcement would have to be a simple "goodbye and we wish you well, thank you for your contribution" type

sako79
06-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Its sad but since im no longer a BCWF member i cant bitch or say anything about it:-o

Whonnock Boy
06-10-2016, 06:00 PM
I'm sure it is, and I'm sure it's full of accusations and hearsay. But that's ok. Bashing the fed is accepted behavior over there, but do not defend it with facts. That will get you kicked out asap by one of the "minority".

Is the same discussion on going on one of the HBC offspring sites?

Here's something you would expect to see. Maybe these are the facts, but what's the whole story? Their specialty is omission.

BgBlkDg
06-10-2016, 06:21 PM
"HBC offspring sites"????

"over there", can someone tell me what/where these are?

Would it be the site started by that guy from Africa, his handle was "Kudu", IIRC?

Whonnock Boy
06-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Differences of opinion, or as they like to call it, confrontation, is not accepted. You wouldn't last BBD. lol

"HBC offspring sites"????

"over there", can someone tell me what/where these are?

Would it be the site started by that guy from Africa, his handle was "Kudu", IIRC?

RiverOtter
06-10-2016, 07:01 PM

Having read a "few" of your posts over the years, this one made me laugh out loud.

BgBlkDg
06-10-2016, 07:15 PM
I am so very happy that I have provided you some amusement and trust that I may, in future, post more in like manner.

I do like people to be happy, it tends to keep the tone here more enlightening and we can all benefit from that........

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2016, 10:04 PM
I'm pretty sure an average shareholder in a corporation doesn't have the ability to demand employee information. And I'm sure that the BCWF BOD would have to adhere to employee confidentiality rules. You might ask, but I bet there is no obligation to discuss and it may even be illegal to discuss employee affairs.

Any announcement would have to be a simple "goodbye and we wish you well, thank you for your contribution" type

Correct. Privacy laws would be violated discussing an employee's personal situation with shareholders or with other employees, save their direct supervisor.

We're dealing with a bunch of people on here that have never been trained in nor served in a corporate role, thus their ignorance of the law is somewhat understandable. Maddening at times, but understandable. They just don't know any better.

Spy
06-10-2016, 10:04 PM
People like you are the type that make life miserable for not for profit organizations. Demanding answers from sources that don't have them rather than going to the source.

I see a lot of common sense on this thread from guys like gatehouse and 1899 and just as much rumour mongering from other parties....
So now we are not allowed to ask questions, to find out what's going on? How am I, by asking questions making life "miserable" for BCWF????? If qualified staff are leaving because of management then All members need to know why.

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2016, 10:10 PM
So now we are not allowed to ask questions, to find out what's going on? How am I, by asking questions making life "miserable" for BCWF????? If qualified staff are leaving because of management then All members need to know why.

No they don't. It's against the law to discuss employment matters with other people.

Spy
06-10-2016, 10:14 PM
No they don't. It's against the law to discuss employment matters with other people.
Really they did not take much time to post up a story about Ed ! And yes all members have a right to know what's going on!

Fisher-Dude
06-10-2016, 10:21 PM
Really they did not take much time to post up a story about Ed ! And yes all members have a right to know what's going on!

When was Ed ever an employee of the fed?

Gateholio
06-10-2016, 10:23 PM

Apples an oranges. Ed was not an employee.

kebes
06-10-2016, 10:26 PM

If you have a problem with something you've heard about the fed maybe you should contact them rather than asking a bunch of people who are unable to answer your questions....although that kind of action might deprive FD of the pleasureful task of discussing labour and disclosure laws :)

Spy
06-10-2016, 10:32 PM
Apples an oranges. Ed was not an employee.
Did he not send "inappropriate" emails to an employee?

Gateholio
06-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Did he not send "inappropriate" emails to an employee?

...........and?

You really should look into employee privacy rules.

Spy
06-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Yes but we discussed the shit out of Ed sending "inappropriate" emails to a BCWF staff member! So what's so different now? Only difference is they left on their own accord and were not suspended! So if what you are saying is true then the BCWF broke the law by sending out the email about Ed ?

sako79
06-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Just do what a lot of people are doing they're tired of the drama and all the things going on and just don't renew your BCWF membership. Sorry but too much crap is going on within itself for me to waste time and give them my money

Gateholio
06-10-2016, 11:50 PM
Yes but we discussed the shit out of Ed sending "inappropriate" emails to a BCWF staff member! So what's so different now? Only difference is they left on their own accord and were not suspended! So if what you are saying is true then the BCWF broke the law by sending out the email about Ed ?

Spy, we are going around in circles here. Ed was not an employee. He wasn't an employee that resigned. Apples and oranges.

If you work for a company and you resign, they aren't supposed to release the details of the resignation either.

Even in Ed's case the BCWF did not "discus the shit out it" they made a fairly brief announcement and then the matter went before the court. Don't mistake HBC chatter for official BCWF announcements. Don't mistake it for being accurate either, most of it is just one sided gossip.

Treed
06-11-2016, 12:51 AM
I don't know much about this, other than what has been in the press and on HBC, but he did say "what we had discussed the shit out off." It sounds like a case of toxic work place, which can occur because of perceive or real conditions. Been there on both sides. We don't have, and I hope it stays internal for BCWF sake (which does some great Shiite), enough info to make statements. And really if you do have the info, what is better? Being a gossip or helping rebuild?

Jagermeister
06-11-2016, 01:58 AM
Perhaps there were some employees that had a conflict of interest and when it came to light they were faced with an ultimatum. Resign and find new employment elsewhere or get terminated and find new employment elsewhere.
Faced with that scenario, what would you do? Resign or get terminated? Remember, it you get terminated and it was a conflict of interest, forget about arbitration, the outcome will probably not be what you expected.

FirePower
06-11-2016, 08:41 AM
If you have a problem with something you've heard about the fed maybe you should contact them rather than asking a bunch of people who are unable to answer your questions....although that kind of action might deprive FD of the pleasureful task of discussing labour and disclosure laws :)

I don't know much about this, other than what has been in the press and on HBC, but he did say "what we had discussed the shit out off." It sounds like a case of toxic work place, which can occur because of perceive or real conditions. Been there on both sides. We don't have, and I hope it stays internal for BCWF sake (which does some great Shiite), enough info to make statements. And really if you do have the info, what is better? Being a gossip or helping rebuild?

I couldn't agree more, unfortunately the current executive seems to have an unwritten policy of keeping members, directors and even certain members of their own executive in the dark. This makes asking questions akin to hollering in the wind.

Something further to consider this is not the first time employees have left expressing intolerable working conditions. The fact one of the employees that left previous to this group took the BCWF before labour relations and won their case speaks volumes toward the toxic workplace theory.

Spy
06-11-2016, 09:17 AM
I couldn't agree more, unfortunately the current executive seems to have an unwritten policy of keeping members, directors and even certain members of their own executive in the dark. This makes asking questions akin to hollering in the wind.

Something further to consider this is not the first time employees have left expressing intolerable working conditions. The fact one of the employees that left previous to this group took the BCWF before labour relations and won their case speaks volumes toward the toxic workplace theory.
Hey but don't discuss its here, you will be tarred and feathered ! Hey the Fed could send out and email about Ed and his inappropriate emails to a "STAFF MEMBER" but paid up members can't discuss staff leaving ! There is NO difference!

Spy
06-11-2016, 09:21 AM
Im sure they will be deleting this thread soon ! God forbid we discuss the FED on HBC ! I will make sure Im at our clubs next meeting and will bring this up maybe they can get some answers ! Where there is smoke there is fire !

Whonnock Boy
06-11-2016, 10:06 AM
Although, I have no knowledge of this being the case, if you're speaking about the treasurer being kept in the dark, once again, there are two sides to every story. I am just throwing out the assumption that this is who you are speaking of as he is part of your group.

You are one of Ed George's biggest supporters, yet you attempt to criticize the Federation for previous problems at the office, and criticize them when they do something about it. It's a no win situation.

Whonnock Boy
06-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Go over to the other site, as I'm sure you will get all the answers you are hoping to hear. Not one deletion in this thread so far, and I don't see anything worth deleting.

Im sure they will be deleting this thread soon ! God forbid we discuss the FED on HBC ! I will make sure Im at our clubs next meeting and will bring this up maybe they can get some answers ! Where there is smoke there is fire !

FirePower
06-11-2016, 10:18 AM

Good for you Mr. Spy, that is what each and every member should be doing, put pressure on your local clubs demand the get answers for you, you have a right to them. With a number of clubs leaving the Federation lately, they can ill afford to anger to many more and have them leave as well. The local clubs have more clout than the individual and the regionals even more than that. Do not feel you have to be treated like a mushroom.

Whonnock Boy
06-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Once again, picking and choosing. Why don't you tell us which clubs are leaving, why, what events led to this, and under whose watch it was?

With a number of clubs leaving the Federation lately

Gateholio
06-11-2016, 10:29 AM

I would like to delete this thread because it's a waste of time, but then there will be some conspiracy theorists crying censorship. :)

In any company, employees come and go all the time, for a variety of different reasons. This is a non issue that a few people are trying to turn into something, to promote a personal vendetta.

steveo
06-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Once again, picking and choosing. Why don't you tell us which clubs are leaving, why, what events led to this, and under whose watch it was?There was some issues with the Cowichan club and BCWF that was posted a while back, any info if they have resolved their differences.

Spy
06-11-2016, 11:46 AM
I would like to delete this thread because it's a waste of time, but then there will be some conspiracy theorists crying censorship. :)

In any company, employees come and go all the time, for a variety of different reasons. This is a non issue that a few people are trying to turn into something, to promote a personal vendetta.
I have no vendetta, another assumption! I would like to know why these employees left, and it is the right of every BCWF member to know what's going on & if it turns out to be nothing then so be it ! If these employees we're bullied into leaving then we should know why. So like I said earlier I will ask at my next club meeting!

Gateholio
06-11-2016, 12:10 PM
I have no vendetta, another assumption! I would like to know why these employees left, and it is the right of every BCWF member to know what's going on & if it turns out to be nothing then so be it ! If these employees we're bullied into leaving then we should know why. So like I said earlier I will ask at my next club meeting!

Once again- no it's not your right to know private employee information.

BgBlkDg
06-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Any member of BCWF, I have been a member for almost 40 years and was on the LM exec. 30 years ago, has the right to ask questions concerning employee issues and workplace issues. These are governed by the Labour Relations Code of BC and ONLY certain aspects of an employee's leaving are protected thereby.

I have owned a business, managed others and supervised hundreds of employees, government and private and my wife was a member of one of BC's major "adjudicative tribunals" for some 20 years, was a senior staffer with the BCNU and a president of one of the unions at SFU.

While "private" information IS protected, the general circumstances of an employee's leaving a business is not and I think that every member of the "Fed" should be able to ask pertinent questions and receive factual answers.

Spy
06-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Any member of BCWF, I have been a member for almost 40 years and was on the LM exec. 30 years ago, has the right to ask questions concerning employee issues and workplace issues. These are governed by the Labour Relations Code of BC and ONLY certain aspects of an employee's leaving are protected thereby.

I have owned a business, managed others and supervised hundreds of employees, government and private and my wife was a member of one of BC's major "adjudicative tribunals" for some 20 years, was a senior staffer with the BCNU and a president of one of the unions at SFU.

While "private" information IS protected, the general circumstances of an employee's leaving a business is not and I think that every member of the "Fed" should be able to ask pertinent questions and receive factual answers.

Exactly if it were a private Org it would be a different story. Funny how some just expect us to pay and shut the **** up! Well it ain't going to happen I'm a paid up member and so are the 3 of my family so We all have a right to know what's happening! Gate you are wrong !

BgBlkDg
06-11-2016, 12:39 PM
I should have added that the NON-UNION legislation/administrative body for BC is NOT the LRB, but, the Employment Standards Branch and the legislation IS somewhat different. Then, one must consider the "Human Rights" legislation and secretive, appointed bureaucracy that enforces it.

It is NOT a simple or "easy" situation and care and caution ARE definitely the appropriate course of action.

Gateholio
06-11-2016, 01:03 PM
General circumstances are thst they resigned.

More details than that you should ask the individual employees. If one of them left because they had cancer, do you think you have the RIGHT to that information?

And you do realize that an employee is not required to reveal why they are are resigning, and that an employee has no right to demand that information, right?

Regardless, stamping your feet on HBC will not provide answers.

Fisher-Dude
06-11-2016, 01:10 PM

Guess what. PIPA overrides the BC Labour Relations Act (which really only covers unions/collective bargaining, I think you may be referring to the Employment Standards Act).

The Canadian Privacy Act and PIPEDA and PIPA provide over-arching legislation that forbids pretty much everything that has been "demanded" by individuals in this thread who are trying to put the BCWF in as bad a light as possible, for their own personal gain.

Read up.

http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/ID/freeside/00_03063_01

https://www.priv.gc.ca/resource/fs-fi/02_05_d_15_e.asp

Fortunately, the BCWF is run and governed by people with training in and knowledge of privacy legislation.

Spy
06-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Guess what. PIPA overrides the BC Labour Relations Act (which really only covers unions/collective bargaining, I think you may be referring to the Employment Standards Act).

The Canadian Privacy Act and PIPEDA provide over-arching legislation that forbids pretty much everything that has been "demanded" by individuals in this thread who are trying to put the BCWF in as bad a light as possible, for their own personal gain.

Read up.

Fortunately, the BCWF is run and governed by people with training in and knowledge of privacy legislation.
Please explain how asking what's going on in the BCWF is putting them in a bad light and wtf have I got to gain?

TPK
06-11-2016, 01:50 PM
This is what I know. I have prizes to pick up, food to arrange, fishing rods to spool, and a myriad of other details to get done for our eight annual “Family Fishing Day” event at Ten Mile Lake next weekend.

This event will be a success as the previous seven ones have. It will continue to raise the stature and status of not only our local rod and gun club, but also that of the BCWF, the CO’s, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Parks BC, Go Fish BC, the Baker Creek Enhancement Society, and occasionally the Streamborn Fly Fishing club, as they volunteer their time to attend the event and make it a success.

I can tell you for a fact that all the BCWF politics and going on’s, and their outcomes, that have been discussed on this board (and several others) during the eight years our club has been working on this event have not taken away from the yearly success of our event one bit.

I can tell you for a fact that if the same amount of time and energy that is spent on this and other forums discussing the politics of the BCWF was directed towards your clubs or helping put on a community event such as the Family Day Fishing Event, or whatever, those things too would be a success, and the current BCWF political environment at the time would not affect them one bit.

The bottom line here is that we are the BCWF. If we choose to focus on what we do to successfully promote that which we love instead of the politics of the BCWF, we could hold more events or least lessen the load on those currently in need of support with what they are doing. Those doing the good work already know that it requires people not politics to make their events successful. Our successes are not tied to nor influenced by the politics of the BCFW. Focus your efforts where you will, myself and a really good crew of folks are focused on this coming event and it’s success. The politics really don't matter at the end of the day so to focus on them is merely a distraction and in some cases a drain on the resources of those doing good work.

Fisher-Dude
06-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Please explain how asking what's going on in the BCWF is putting them in a bad light and wtf have I got to gain?

Only you can answer that. 14 posts in 22 hours and the top commenter in this thread indicate to most reasonable persons that you have some sort of gain to be concerned with.

Fisher-Dude
06-11-2016, 01:54 PM
This is what I know. I have prizes to pick up, food to arrange, fishing rods to spool, and a myriad of other details to get done for our eight annual “Family Fishing Day” event at Ten Mile Lake next weekend.

This event will be a success as the previous seven ones have. It will continue to raise the stature and status of not only our local rod and gun club, but also that of the BCWF, the CO’s, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Parks BC, Go Fish BC, the Baker Creek Enhancement Society, and occasionally the Streamborn Fly Fishing club, as they volunteer their time to attend the event and make it a success.

I can tell you for a fact that all the BCWF politics and going on’s, and their outcomes, that have been discussed on this board (and several others) during the eight years our club has been working on this event have not taken away from the yearly success of our event one bit.

I can tell you for a fact that if the same amount of time and energy that is spent on this and other forums discussing the politics of the BCWF was directed towards your clubs or helping put on a community event such as the Family Day Fishing Event, or whatever, those things too would be a success, and the current BCWF political environment at the time would not affect them one bit.

The bottom line here is that we are the BCWF. If we choose to focus on what we do to successfully promote that which we love instead of the politics of the BCWF, we could hold more events or least lessen the load on those currently in need of support with what they are doing. Those doing the good work already know that it requires people not politics to make their events successful. Our successes are not tied to nor influenced by the politics of the BCFW. Focus your efforts where you will, myself and a really good crew of folks are focused on this coming event and it’s success. The politics really don't matter at the end of the day so to focus on them is merely a distraction and in some cases a drain on the resources of those doing good work.

10/10. Keep up the good work, Tony!

Gateholio
06-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Great post TPK.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-11-2016, 02:42 PM
I think you will find like most organizations ... the elected political leadership has very little to do with the day to day running of the office ...

that is why there is typically an office manager that is put in charge of of the office staff that acts as a liason between the direction given at the convention, the elected leadership and the office staff ....

Frankly I would find it hard to believe that the resignations have anything to do with the direction of the Fed, but more so with the weak payscale, and assholeish office manager

BgBlkDg
06-11-2016, 02:48 PM

The Canadian Privacy Act and PIPEDA and PIPA provide over-arching legislation that forbids pretty much everything that has been "demanded" by individuals in this thread who are trying to put the BCWF in as bad a light as possible, for their own personal gain.

Read up.

Perhaps, you might learn to READ and note that I very specifically differentiated between the pertinent legislated regulations in my posts, put up consecutively. I do not pretend to be a barrister and simply tried to make a simple point to perhaps "calm the waters" here, but, as usual, the biases of some make this a waste of time.

BgBlkDg
06-11-2016, 02:51 PM
I think you will find like most organizations ... the elected political leadership has very little to do with the day to day running of the office ...

that is why there is typically an office manager that is put in charge of of the office staff that acts as a liason between the direction given at the convention, the elected leadership and the office staff ....

Frankly I would find it hard to believe that the resignations have anything to do with the direction of the Fed, but more so with the weak payscale, and assholeish office manager

Agreed, this is very likely the actual case here.

Well, IF we can get rid of the disaster in Victoria, who knows, maybe we won't need the BCWF as we might actually see the interests of BC citizens take precedence over the GOABC, as they should, given a new government.

Marlowethelazydog
06-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Wow. This thread... tuning into the huntingbc forum is like tuning into Trump - something to do once in a while to assure myself the world is still full of A-holes and pick up 5 minutes of entertainment.

Iron Glove
06-11-2016, 07:58 PM

Read up.

Gotta agree with FD on this.
I've had decades of experience as a President of a Society and an Executive of another along with being at various times a President, CEO or Owner of a number of Companies and dealt extensively with the Societies Act and Employment Law and how to deal with Members. This included appearing in Court, assisting the VPD in a criminal investigation of a Member ( he's presently doing life, minimum 25 ) and most recently settling a very nasty employment law suit.
You really have to be very careful in what, if anything you disclose.

Phreddy
06-11-2016, 09:32 PM

I've always believed that if you want to talk to a horse it's best to go to the end that has the ears.

Jagermeister
06-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Here you go. Monday morning, Phone:(604) 882-9988 and ask all the pertinent questions you would like answered about the recent departures. When you get the answers, post them here.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-12-2016, 07:43 AM

I am sure glad you brought up Unions ... FD would state thats my job ...

So your wife was El president of TSSU??? and then was employed by BCN later?

well while she was president(an elected position by membership) I highly doubt that she knew all the hirings and firings of all membership rep positions, researchers, bargainers etc etc etc. However she might have since TSSU is a relitivly small organization.

You say she was ... a sr staffer at BCN, So a co-ordinator level of a dept, Membership services, Organizing, Research, legal, Comunications, OH&S etc ...
Because the high level excluded (non-collective agreement BCN Staff are members of Unifor)level jobs are the only jobs that the political leadership of the organization really have any say about. anything below that level is done via the office manager/liason.. The elected leadership is like a BOD of a corporation, the SR level(Excluded) staff make reports to them but everything is done through a Human resources dept.

but getting to your point ... which is totally wrong ...
the members only have the right to know that x number persons were hired and X number of persons were terminated, No reasoning as thats Private information. The only reason why the members have a right to know that is that the members have have a legal right to see financial reports, and HR has an impact on finance.

now before you get all pissy and demand to see the reports ... there was an opportunity at Convention and there will be another opportunity at next convention

Fisher-Dude
06-12-2016, 07:49 AM
Agreed, this is very likely the actual case here.

Well, IF we can get rid of the disaster in Victoria, who knows, maybe we won't need the BCWF as we might actually see the interests of BC citizens take precedence over the GOABC, as they should, given a new government.

The BCWF has little raison d'etre in relationship to the genre of the party of the day in Victoria.

The BCWF is a conservation organization. Its purpose, goals and work are largely irrespective of whom the governing party happens to be.

BgBlkDg
06-12-2016, 08:38 AM
BZM-My wife was elected prez of Local 2, AUCE, until she left SFU, to nurse at Mater Misericordea, in Rossland and a year or so later was offered a position with the then "young" BCNU, under the great Norah Peyton, who was the major developer of that union.

She was an LRO, then the "Occupational Safety and Benefits Officer" for several years, with 12+ years with that union until appointed by the BC Cabinet, to one of the adjudicative boards, where she remained for about 20 years.

Now, THE POINT I have attempted to make HERE, is that BCFW members have a right to pose questions on who/what/when/why a given situation has arisen and that is ALL I have said. I have NOT stated that ANY specific legislation must or should be contravened, merely that we CAN ask and IMHO, SHOULD, as WE ARE the BCWF.

"Wrong", well, that would be interpreted by court action, not, by you, I or any others here.

Again, I am NOT suggesting that the BOD of the BCWF, or, any specific member thereof release ANY confidential information, simply, that I think many of the concerns and queries here are valid and should be dealt with.

In any event, WTF, I have been a member since the mid-'70s and will not renew for 2017, as I am done with public advocacy except where issues of concern to Canadian "seniors" is concerned. So, this is all "academic" to me.

Cheers.

Jagermeister
06-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Okay, to lighten the moment.

During a lull between the speeches at a recent Parliament Hill
Correspondent's dinner, Sophie
Grégoire-Trudeau leans over to chat with Harjit Sajjan, Minister of
Defense.

"Ya know, I bought Justin a parrot for his birthday. The bird is so smart,
Justin has already taught him to pronounce over two hundred words!"

"Wow, that's pretty impressive," says Harjit, "but, you do realize that he
just speaks the words -- he doesn't really understand what they mean."

"Oh, I know," Sophie replies, "Neither does the parrot."

ruger#1
06-12-2016, 09:57 AM

Defense.

"Oh, I know," Sophie replies, "Neither does the parrot." There is a lot of truth to that story.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Defense.

"Oh, I know," Sophie replies, "Neither does the parrot."

Bwahahahaha!

Bowzone_Mikey
06-12-2016, 12:41 PM
BZM-My wife was elected prez of Local 2, AUCE, until she left SFU, to nurse at Mater Misericordea, in Rossland and a year or so later was offered a position with the then "young" BCNU, under the great Norah Peyton, who was the major developer of that union.

She was an LRO, then the "Occupational Safety and Benefits Officer" for several years, with 12+ years with that union until appointed by the BC Cabinet, to one of the adjudicative boards, where she remained for about 20 years.

Now, THE POINT I have attempted to make HERE, is that BCFW members have a right to pose questions on who/what/when/why a given situation has arisen and that is ALL I have said. I have NOT stated that ANY specific legislation must or should be contravened, merely that we CAN ask and IMHO, SHOULD, as WE ARE the BCWF.

"Wrong", well, that would be interpreted by court action, not, by you, I or any others here.

Again, I am NOT suggesting that the BOD of the BCWF, or, any specific member thereof release ANY confidential information, simply, that I think many of the concerns and queries here are valid and should be dealt with.

In any event, WTF, I have been a member since the mid-'70s and will not renew for 2017, as I am done with public advocacy except where issues of concern to Canadian "seniors" is concerned. So, this is all "academic" to me.

Cheers.

The first President of BCN was Nora Paton ... Norah Peyton is a host or at least was a host for a morning TV talk show

we as members have a right to know where tour funds are going and that is pretty much all when it comes to the operations of the organization we belong to

otherwise you can think of the logistical nightmare answering questions of 40 thou plus people (I used that figure as a rough estimate of the BCN as I have no clue what the population of the BCWF is)

I speak from first hand knowledge as I am elected as a leadership position of a large organization.

Xenomorph
06-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Change is progress, progress is change ...whichever way you want to put it, leave your personal feelings at the door.

I had some quotes to respond to, but I'll spare you all from the clutter. Instead, here's a personal perspective on entitlement, something you people, some more than others, seems to happy-go-lucky run and embrace. Having a job is not a right, or obligation, is something you DO do in order to have a comfortable life and so on. If at any point of your comfort a manager comes along with a different perspective to "the way" the job should be done, then just do it, like NIKE. I've heard more bitching and complaining about management since I came to Canada than ever before.

If you're not in a management position, and you cannot fulfill their expectations, then two things can and most definitely will happen:
1. Get fired
2. Get your entitled self out of the picture before #1 happens

The difference seems hard to accept for some that management is just that, a boss with a system. Problem is that system NEEDS YOU as an employee to do your ****ing part in order for the whole process to be viable and aforementioned progress to ensue.

Please stop asking for the details of the resignations, it's childish to the extremes. If I quit my job, whatever the reasons, it's between myself and the HR department, nobody else is entitled to divulge that save for a court order, or personal choice. So IF the people involved want to come forth and say their story, that's their choice alone and wholly. But beware, because in a state of law, any action or statement you do can hold you personally accountable for whatever state of defamation you're putting yourself into. Like when you run shit through your mouth without much thought process, just because it's your RIGHT to do so.

It's an organisation we're all part of, should be actively participating and hopefully we'll continue to grow and support and move on. It's none of our rights and obligations to know everything. That's called high school gossip. We use the annual AGMs to choose our board, correct? They're mandated to assign the managers, are they not?!? You have a right to know what their decisions are, what they decide to make public. What happens within is office work, not politics. Office work, not high school drama.

Don't delete this thread Clarke, I think it's a good tool for discussion, sometimes people will just use too much emotion, but the ones who read and want to understand will do so, and stuff like this helps a ton.

Fisher-Dude
06-13-2016, 11:22 AM
^^^ 10/10 Xeno!

Jagermeister
06-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Bingo Xeno!

Kermit
06-15-2016, 12:39 PM
Being that this is my first post, I will establish a bit of credibility by starting with the fact that I used to work at BCWF. I resigned my position last August, and if you are familiar with the inner workings of the Fed over the past 3 years or so, you might recognize my screen name.

Since there are many posts in this thread that I feel are very unfair to the BCWF staff, I felt the need to offer some thoughts from someone that was there, which is totally absent from the discussion at this point. There are a lot of ignorant comments being made here about good, talented, hardworking people that worked their asses off for the membership and simply don't deserve to be smeared like that.

Simply put, BCWF staff members are quitting because they are tired of being disrespected every day at work. There are many layers and parts to the story - and I'm not really interested in laying bare all the details - but at the end of the day, the staff are leaving because there is a fundamental lack of respect in the way they are being treated.

For all the people in this thread suggesting that staff were incompetent and in danger of being fired, didn't want to change with the times, had a sense of "entitlement" about their job and got too comfortable, etc, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You don't know the first thing about the dynamic in the office or how the BCWF operates. You don't know the first thing about the enormous amount of hard work and dedication from staff that it takes to pull off all the fundraising, programming, community outreach, and general promotion of conservation values that the membership is so proud of.

The majority of the rank and file staff at BCWF are (were) hardworking, dedicated individuals that routinely went above and beyond for the organization while carrying massive workloads, and they don't deserve to be ripped by people that don't know what they are talking about, or worse, have an agenda.

Yes, I do. See above explanation.

I will join the BCWF tonight, regardless of the changing of the staff.

Good idea to sign up right away - there literally won't be anyone left in the office that knows how to process a membership by the end of the week. I'm sure that will change eventually, but things might be a bit slow for the next little while.

While it is true that there will always be attrition at any company, having almost half the staff resign their positions - some with no job to even go to - is not a "non-issue" and does not happen "all the time". It is the direct result of a toxic work environment that the staff were no longer willing to put up with, even at the risk of going unemployed, and will cause the Federation significant challenges.

Do you still sit on the BCWF Finance Committee? Just curious.

And I know this isn't going to fit your narrative, but here is a bit of a truth that was sorely lacking from the previous now-deleted threads on this subject:

The "young lady" that Ed "harassed" would be very happy to see him and would give him a giant hug if he walked in to the office tomorrow. Ed remains very popular among the staff, and none of them were happy about how he was treated.

I wonder if the "change is good" argument will be used again a year from now.

Wentrot
06-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Thank you for speaking up. Be nice to hear the fan boys responses.

Gateholio
06-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Hopefully the new BOD that was elected recently can make some positive change - if it's actually needed.

houndogger
06-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Being that this is my first post, I will establish a bit of credibility by starting with the fact that I used to work at BCWF. I resigned my position last August, and if you are familiar with the inner workings of the Fed over the past 3 years or so, you might recognize my screen name.

Since there are many posts in this thread that I feel are very unfair to the BCWF staff, I felt the need to offer some thoughts from someone that was there, which is totally absent from the discussion at this point. There are a lot of ignorant comments being made here about good, talented, hardworking people that worked their asses off for the membership and simply don't deserve to be smeared like that.

Simply put, BCWF staff members are quitting because they are tired of being disrespected every day at work. There are many layers and parts to the story - and I'm not really interested in laying bare all the details - but at the end of the day, the staff are leaving because there is a fundamental lack of respect in the way they are being treated.

For all the people in this thread suggesting that staff were incompetent and in danger of being fired, didn't want to change with the times, had a sense of "entitlement" about their job and got too comfortable, etc, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You don't know the first thing about the dynamic in the office or how the BCWF operates. You don't know the first thing about the enormous amount of hard work and dedication from staff that it takes to pull off all the fundraising, programming, community outreach, and general promotion of conservation values that the membership is so proud of.

The majority of the rank and file staff at BCWF are (were) hardworking, dedicated individuals that routinely went above and beyond for the organization while carrying massive workloads, and they don't deserve to be ripped by people that don't know what they are talking about, or worse, have an agenda.

Good idea to sign up right away - there literally won't be anyone left in the office that knows how to process a membership by the end of the week. I'm sure that will change eventually, but things might be a bit slow for the next little while.

While it is true that there will always be attrition at any company, having almost half the staff resign their positions - some with no job to even go to - is not a "non-issue" and does not happen "all the time". It is the direct result of a toxic work environment that the staff were no longer willing to put up with, even at the risk of going unemployed, and will cause the Federation significant challenges.

And I know this isn't going to fit your narrative, but here is a bit of a truth that was sorely lacking from the previous now-deleted threads on this subject:

The "young lady" that Ed "harassed" would be very happy to see him and would give him a giant hug if he walked in to the office tomorrow. Ed remains very popular among the staff, and none of them were happy about how he was treated.

Thanks for clearing that up. Good luck in the future.

wideopenthrottle
06-15-2016, 03:12 PM
setting the record straight....very good.....wait a minute, that means no more gossip and speculation...awwwwwwwwwwww

Whonnock Boy
06-15-2016, 03:35 PM
For sure. The record has now been straightened by a former employee that was, at least it is my understanding, disgruntled. I could be wrong, and I apologize in advance if I am.

It's pretty obvious to see who sent him, where he's been getting his info, and whose agenda he's following.

Thanks for clearing that up. Good luck in the future.

setting the record straight....very good.....wait a minute, that means no more gossip and speculation...awwwwwwwwwwww

Xenomorph
06-15-2016, 04:03 PM

First, thanks for posting. Second, there was no intended smear or denigration in anything that I've said. I merely stated a personal, subjective point of view to a lot of the things I've witnessed on my own in the business, corporate life in Canada. Now, if any of those fit the hat I wouldn't know, nor would I say anything and point any fingers. Some of the aspects I've touched upon were referring to the repeated claims of "right to know" which you'll agree with me there's no such right whichever organisation one's a member of.

One more thing, what might seem unhealthy for some it's an opportunity for others. Again, I have no clue what inner process entailed for you guys, but I'm pretty sure as an organization you'd have a few tools at the disposal of the employees to change some of the stuff that caused discomfort, were impracticable, or downright impeding the due course of the job. Problem is, when you've left a company you don't really have much to say anymore. You change things from within, rather from the outside, and I'm not blaming anyone for leaving, if that environment is no longer leading to a positive experience sure, there are plenty other sometimes better opportunities out there.

Again, thanks for taking the time to say something, and if anything that I've said came across as disrespectful to you and your colleagues, please accept my apologies, I meant no harm.

Thank you for speaking up. Be nice to hear the fan boys responses.

*drops down the POMPOMs* they don't go with the camo ;)

Hopefully the new BOD that was elected recently can make some positive change - if it's actually needed.

That's what I hope ..wholeheartedly so.

Kermit
06-15-2016, 04:14 PM
For sure. The record has now been straightened by a former employee that was, at least it is my understanding, disgruntled. I could be wrong, and I apologize in advance if I am.

It's pretty obvious to see who sent him, where he's been getting his info, and whose agenda he's following.

So now I'm "disgruntled"? What happened to the part where I was "let go"? Did you decide that perhaps that story was a lie and you didn't know what you were talking about after all? Thank you for editing that smear out of your comments.

My post was motivated by the nonsense that was being posted about the staff. That's it. Do you think they are unaware of the things that are said about them here?

Whonnock Boy
06-15-2016, 04:27 PM
I did not wish for my comments to be misconstrued as you being fired. "Let go", can mean many things. A lie? Not from me.

I'm quite certain staff have their hands of the social media pulse.

So now I'm "disgruntled"? What happened to part where I was "let go"? Did you decide that perhaps that story was a lie and you didn't know what you were talking about after all? Thank you for editing that smear out of your comments.

My post was motivated by the nonsense that was being posted about the staff. That's it. Do you think they are unaware of the things that are said about them here?

Fisher-Dude
06-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Under the current Director of Operations and Finance Coordinator, the BCWF's financial health has improved considerably.

Some people don't like a corporate culture that instills accountability and sober second thought to ensure that members' funds are being used wisely. And that's okay, there are other places for them in the job market.

As a BCWF member, I'm very happy that our money is being used to grow the organization and is being strictly controlled by competent management who have insisted on procedures and policies to protect our financial position. Not everyone likes to work in an organization with policies and procedures in place, and that's okay too, as there are other places out there that are better suited to them.

The Lone Ranger
06-16-2016, 01:55 PM
Thank you for your post Kermit, it's good to see the truth finally confirmed.

Kermit
06-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Under the current Director of Operations and Finance Coordinator, the BCWF's financial health has improved considerably.

Some people don't like a corporate culture that instills accountability and sober second thought to ensure that members' funds are being used wisely. And that's okay, there are other places for them in the job market.

As a BCWF member, I'm very happy that our money is being used to grow the organization and is being strictly controlled by competent management who have insisted on procedures and policies to protect our financial position. Not everyone likes to work in an organization with policies and procedures in place, and that's okay too, as there are other places out there that are better suited to them.

So to sum up, rather than having genuine concerns about their work environment, staff are resigning en masse because:

1 - They don't want to follow rules and procedures or be held accountable for their work.

2 - They are not able to spend BCWF money however they choose.

The staff have always been subject to well-established rules and procedures in nearly all aspects of BCWF operations, and this is especially true when it comes to spending the organization’s money. They worked under very strict financial controls right from the start, and didn’t have the ability to use BCWF funds "unwisely" in the first place, even if they wanted to.

Of course, your position on the BCWF Finance Committee means that you already know all of this.

If by chance you truly do believe the explanation you have offered up, why were these staff not shown the door a long time ago? Better yet, why on earth would one of them have been promoted recently if she was mismanaging money, lacked accountability, and was not a fit for the “corporate culture”?

You should really consider taking your own advice by applying some of that "sober second thought" to the information you are being given, because this nonsense turns to dust the instant facts enter the conversation.

fowl language
06-16-2016, 03:28 PM
touché Kermit, only one small mistake, the head of staff seems to be able to spend on a whim.

Whonnock Boy
06-16-2016, 03:49 PM
It sounds like you intimate knowledge as to why these employees left. Maybe you could fully explain the situation? The details?

So to sum up, rather than having genuine concerns about their work environment, staff are resigning en masse because:

1 - They don't want to follow rules and procedures or be held accountable for their work.

2 - They are not able to spend BCWF money however they choose.

The staff have always been subject to well-established rules and procedures in nearly all aspects of BCWF operations, and this is especially true when it comes to spending the organization’s money. They worked under very strict financial controls right from the start, and didn’t have the ability to use BCWF funds "unwisely" in the first place, even if they wanted to.

Of course, your position on the BCWF Finance Committee means that you already know all of this.

If by chance you truly do believe the explanation you have offered up, why were these staff not shown the door a long time ago? Better yet, why on earth would one of them have been promoted recently if she was mismanaging money, lacked accountability, and was not a fit for the “corporate culture”?

You should really consider taking your own advice by applying some of that "sober second thought" to the information you are being given, because this nonsense turns to dust the instant facts enter the conversation.

You are, without a doubt, one of the last people who should be throwing out accusations regarding the misuse of Federation funds. If you wish to go there, I will happily oblige.

touché Kermit, only one small mistake, the head of staff seems to be able to spend on a whim.

Fisher-Dude
06-16-2016, 03:53 PM
The biggest waste of money at the BCWF, IMO, was having to defend itself in court against a guy who sent racial and sexual emails to a female staff member.

The question I have is, has the loser in that court case paid the costs to the BCWF as demanded by the judge, and if not, why not?

Kermit
06-16-2016, 04:15 PM
The biggest waste of money at the BCWF, IMO, was having to defend itself in court against a guy who sent racial and sexual emails to a female staff member.

The question I have is, has the loser in that court case paid the costs to the BCWF as demanded by the judge, and if not, why not?

Good choice - I wouldn't have responded to my post either if I were you.

Fisher-Dude
06-16-2016, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't have responded to my post if I were you either.

What's to say? I've dealt with disgruntled ex-employees before in my career, and there's little that can be said to make them let go of bitterness and move on with their lives if they aren't ready emotionally to think about what is best for their careers.

Kermit
06-16-2016, 04:26 PM
What's to say? I've dealt with disgruntled ex-employees before in my career, and there's little that can be said to make them let go of bitterness and move on with their lives if they aren't ready emotionally to think about what is best for their careers.

Translation:

Nothing to see here folks, the guy who just drove the BCWF truck through the holes in my argument is simply disgruntled.

Whonnock Boy
06-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Please answer mine, and while you're at it, please tell us who is pulling your puppet strings.

Good choice - I wouldn't have responded to my post either if I were you.

Fisher-Dude
06-16-2016, 04:38 PM
Thank you for your post Kermit, it's good to see the truth finally confirmed.

Welcome back, xfiles.

Kermit
06-16-2016, 04:42 PM
Please answer mine, and while you're at it, please tell us who is pulling your puppet strings.

Going into detail would get this thread deleted.

Whonnock Boy
06-16-2016, 04:52 PM
You're willing to show up here and accuse wrong doing by all the staff, but the ones who actually left, and unable to back up your statements? Considering the people you are associating with, that sounds about right.

This thread, or portions of it will be deleted soon enough, considering the content. Accusations without evidence, tends to do that.

Going into detail would get this thread deleted.

The Lone Ranger
06-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Welcome back, xfiles.
I'm not sure what you are insinuating but your post doesn't seem very coherent to me. And I have no idea what it has to do with this thread.

Spy
06-16-2016, 08:30 PM

Do tell, how do you know he was disgruntled? Who is he getting his info from and who's agenda is he following ! Lets hear it It might be obvious to you but many of us are in the dark.

Spy
06-16-2016, 08:33 PM
It sounds like you intimate knowledge as to why these employees left. Maybe you could fully explain the situation? The details?

You are, without a doubt, one of the last people who should be throwing out accusations regarding the misuse of Federation funds. If you wish to go there, I will happily oblige.
Please oblige you guys seem to know allot about what happening in the inner workings please share with all the other BCWF members ;-)

Spy
06-16-2016, 08:34 PM
You're willing to show up here and accuse wrong doing by all the staff, but the ones who actually left, and unable to back up your statements? Considering the people you are associating with, that sounds about right.

This thread, or portions of it will be deleted soon enough, considering the content. Accusations without evidence, tends to do that.

What is your position in the BCWF ?

houndogger
06-16-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure what you are insinuating but your post doesn't seem very coherent to me. And I have no idea what it has to do with this thread.
It has nothing to do with it. He's trying to get the thread locked is all.

Spy
06-16-2016, 08:55 PM

Wow sounds like the young lady that was " harassed" by Ed was not that offended, by the emails sent ;-) Don't be intimidated by Pat and whong, we see through them lies and bully tactics ;-) There are many of us that smelt the rat long ago now truth is coming out.Thanks for coming out and letting us know what was happening !

Whonnock Boy
06-16-2016, 09:08 PM
PM sent Spy. I guess now that I see this, disregard it, as it is all lies.

Wow sounds like the young lady that was " harassed" by Ed was not that offended, by the emails sent ;-) Don't be intimidated by Pat and whong, we see through them lies and bully tactics ;-) There are many of us that smelt the rat long ago now truth is coming out.Thanks for coming out and letting us know what was happening !

f350ps
06-16-2016, 10:28 PM
Wow, if this thread doesn't confirm why NOT to join the BCWF nothing does, what a bunch of childish bullshit! K

Whonnock Boy
06-16-2016, 10:38 PM
You're right. It should have gone to pm's long ago.

Wow, if this thread doesn't confirm why NOT to join the BCWF nothing does, what a bunch of childish bullshit! K

06-16-2016, 10:41 PM

Notice that it is the employees that left and the cheerleaders for a certain group that are starting and perpetuating these childish BS threads. It seems to me that the aforementioned group is waging war on those who run the BCWF. They lost the last two rounds - childish BS court case and elections - and now they figure it will be a war of attrition. Get people riled up and agitated often enough and for a long enough time and there will be people who react as you did. Without the BCWF we have no voice at all. It seems as though the tactics are working.

Whonnock Boy
06-16-2016, 10:45 PM
But..... all of this is mostly contained to region 2. Most of this is fallout from what happened with Ed George. All of the other regions are rolling right along.

f350ps
06-16-2016, 10:48 PM
Notice that it is the employees that left and the cheerleaders for a certain group that are starting and perpetuating these childish BS threads. It seems to me that the aforementioned group is waging war on those who run the BCWF. They lost the last two rounds - childish BS court case and elections - and now they figure it will be a war of attrition. Get people riled up and agitated often enough and for a long enough time and there will be people who react as you did. Without the BCWF we have no voice at all. It seems as though the tactics are working.
I see exactly what's going on but I refuse to take the bait, too bad others can't resist!! K

06-16-2016, 11:03 PM
But..... all of this is mostly contained to region 2. Most of this is fallout from what happened with Ed George. All of the other regions are rolling right along.

So I've heard. The real problem is that not enough people are willing to show up to meetings and elections. These folks that are causing trouble could be weeded out quite easily at the next round of elections.

I see exactly what's going on but I refuse to take the bait, too bad others can't resist!! K

Frustrating. Although I suspect their effectiveness is limited to a fairly small portion of HBC.

Mulehahn
06-16-2016, 11:16 PM

Looking at the last 3 or 4 pages, the "cheerleaders for a certain group" have been pretty quiet. As for the court case, I fail to see how it has anything to do with half the staff quitting in a week; if it does feel free to PM me. All I see now is a bunch of posters that stated people have no right to talk about the issue as it is private and only the former employees can address their personal issues. Now that a former employee did come on here and state his experience and knowledge these same people are demanding that he share all the information that a few pages ago they were saying was confidential.

I will continue to support the BCWF, but it is getting harder. To all the people who, every time something goes wrong within the BCWF, blame Ed and the court case find a new tune. The case is over, Ed is no longer a director so unless he was the only thing holding the place together it is time to try to find the real source of the issues.

Spy
06-16-2016, 11:29 PM
Looking at the last 3 or 4 pages, the "cheerleaders for a certain group" have been pretty quiet. As for the court case, I fail to see how it has anything to do with half the staff quitting in a week; if it does feel free to PM me. All I see now is a bunch of posters that stated people have no right to talk about the issue as it is private and only the former employees can address their personal issues. Now that a former employee did come on here and state his experience and knowledge these same people are demanding that he share all the information that a few pages ago they were saying was confidential.

I will continue to support the BCWF, but it is getting harder. To all the people who, every time something goes wrong within the BCWF, blame Ed and the court case find a new tune. The case is over, Ed is no longer a director so unless he was the only thing holding the place together it is time to try to find the real source of the issues.
It's hard to make sense of what's really going on,I'm on the fence & don't really know what to believe anymore.

Whonnock Boy
06-16-2016, 11:42 PM
Who is demanding? If you are referring to me, I was not making demands. Kermit's comments were accusatory, and I asked if he would explain further. If you're going to start throwing knives, you better be able to defend your comments.

As for your final comments regarding Ed George. Sadly, you could not be further from the truth. I cannot say that the courts case has anything to do with the departure of the employees, but it most certainly has something to do with the constant attacks coming from his supporters, and the continual turmoil in region 2.

An example? As I said to Spy in the pm. I do not wish to air any more dirty laundry about the federation, but I am very close to opening the flood gates, going on the offensive, as I am tired of defending.

Spy. I don't have the imagination to make this stuff up.

It's hard to make sense of what's really going on,I'm on the fence & don't really know what to believe anymore.

06-16-2016, 11:46 PM

I'm talking about his supporters who continue to post on these types of threads as agitators. Firepower egging on Spy is a prime example. I don't know who Kermit is, but I'd wager he/she is friends with the Region 2 duck hunting crew. But I'm not posting on this thread any more because any response just legitimizes what is likely a non-issue in the first place. I bought a BCWF membership because they are our only voice and they have done good work in the past. I'll rely on that over some anonymous posts on the internet.

I hope more good people join, renew and actually get involved - hands on - at the club level.

Xenomorph
06-17-2016, 08:25 AM
I bought a BCWF membership because they are our only voice and they have done good work in the past. I'll rely on that over some anonymous posts on the internet.

I hope more good people join, renew and actually get involved - hands on - at the club level.

This right here is what I hope for.

And a side note: no matter what anyone said, did, if you've chosen to walk away and not utilize the measures in place to address the issues, then whatever THIS is definitely won't serve any positive purpose. Again, people won't say anything concrete, and based on "trust I know so better than you" ...I'm sorry, I'm not a 5th grader to be led blindly in a game. Any issues could and should be addressed at the AGMs, petitions can be drafted and submitted, grievances and so on. Enough with the smear.

Fact is Ed was found guilty by a judge, get that in your heads. Period!

I don't know the details and I don't even care, fact of the matter is a due process has run its course and a new management is in place. Fact is the new management has been there for what, a few months? And they've already caused so much damage that people left without much choice? Come on! Realistically speaking, whom do you address yourselves to.

Fisher-Dude
06-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Not one mention by disgruntled employees of any use of the BCWF's Employee Advocacy Committee.

Go figure.

Gateholio
06-17-2016, 11:50 AM
A few things here:

We didn't actually hear from one of the staff that recebtky left. Kermit has been gone almost a year.

If there has been long standing issues that led to staff departures then they have to do with the last BOD as the new ones have only been in place for a short time.

No matter who was or was not offended, a judge found Mr Georges conduct to be wrong.

I'm not sure if this thread serves any purpose anymore. There really aren't any new facts presented here. We are skirting a bit too close around employee confidentiality. I don't see this thread doing anything more productive than kicking a wasp nest.

Kermit
06-17-2016, 01:19 PM
Not one mention by disgruntled employees of any use of the BCWF's Employee Advocacy Committee.

Go figure.

Snark aside, this is a valid point to raise.

While the staff didn't reach out to the Employee Liaison (at least that I am aware of), they did contact other people in the organization that they felt they could trust to voice their concerns. This had been going on for some time; I had been doing the same for more than a year prior to my departure in August of 2015.

The reason the Employee Liaison was not contacted was due to a complete lack of trust. After taking a specific concern to the liaison in May of 2013 and suspecting that our confidentiality had been subsequently betrayed, we determined as a team that the individual - and as a result the entire process - could not be trusted or relied upon.

Kermit
06-17-2016, 01:19 PM
A few things here:

We didn't actually hear from one of the staff that recebtky left. Kermit has been gone almost a year.

If there has been long standing issues that led to staff departures then they have to do with the last BOD as the new ones have only been in place for a short time.

No matter who was or was not offended, a judge found Mr Georges conduct to be wrong.

I'm not sure if this thread serves any purpose anymore. There really aren't any new facts presented here. We are skirting a bit too close around employee confidentiality. I don't see this thread doing anything more productive than kicking a wasp nest.

A few responses:

In fact, you did hear from the staff that recently left, albeit indirectly. They urged me to counter the smears that were being posted here, and even provided input to what I wrote.

The Ed George saga has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It is being used as a red herring, nothing more.

I find it interesting that you had nothing to say about employee confidentiality and did not question the usefulness of this thread until now. Why didn’t we hear this during its first 12 pages, when it contained a whole lot of speculation and smears against some really dedicated, hardworking people and not much else?

Having said that, thank you for allowing me to present as much of the truth as I could without getting the thread deleted.

Gateholio
06-17-2016, 02:05 PM
I think you are mistaken. I brought up employee confidentiality several times, long before you started posting.

I also mentioned my reason for not deleting the thread right away- there would be a few guys crying about getting censored. I questioned the usefulness of the thread from the beginning.

Glad to have it clarified that it has nothing to do with Ed George. I brought it up because you did.

As I said before, there is a new BOD that can now deal with this long term issue, if it is deemed required.

Kermit
06-17-2016, 02:12 PM
I think you are mistaken. I brought up employee confidentiality several times, long before you started posting.

I also mentioned my reason for not deleting the thread right away- there would be a few guys crying about getting censored. I questioned the usefulness of the thread from the beginning.

Glad to have it clarified that it has nothing to do with Ed George. I brought it up because you did.

As I said before, there is a new BOD that can now deal with this long term issue, if it is deemed required.

I apologize if I am mistaken and you raised those points previously - I was probably more focused on the negative posts in the thread.

I think you are overstating the changes in the board - it is fairly similar to the last one.

Whonnock Boy
06-17-2016, 09:06 PM
It's always interesting the series of events one hears when they are hearing it from someone else.

This statement of yours is admitting you had broken your confidentiality agreement with the fed discussing confidential matters with "other people" within the organization. The same can be said for the others that recently quit. You do realize that there are very few people who you and the others could have been discussing these confidential matters with, correct?

I am not certain, and I am awaiting verification, but was the staff liaison in 2013, the same that it was up until a few months ago?

While the staff didn't reach out to the Employee Liaison (at least that I am aware of), they did contact other people in the organization that they felt they could trust to voice their concerns. This had been going on for some time; I had been doing the same for more than a year prior to my departure in August of 2015.

The reason the Employee Liaison was not contacted was due to a complete lack of trust. After taking a specific concern to the liaison in May of 2013 and suspecting that our confidentiality had been subsequently betrayed, we determined as a team that the individual - and as a result the entire process - could not be trusted or relied upon.

"Other people".... and others.

The Ed George saga has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It is being used as a red herring, nothing more.

You don't really believe that do you Gate? Sure, it may not have a lot to do with it, but it most certainly has something to do with it.

Glad to have it clarified that it has nothing to do with Ed George.

Gateholio
06-17-2016, 09:22 PM
Oh sure, some guy named Kermit signs up, makes 9 posts and I don't see any reason not to take his word as absolutely, 100% accurate. :)

Whonnock Boy
06-17-2016, 09:49 PM
Ok, that's pretty funny. You might as well throw my pm in the trash, as it was not needed. :mrgreen:

Oh sure, some guy named Kermit signs up, makes 9 posts and I don't see any reason not to take his word as absolutely, 100% accurate. :)

Mulehahn
06-17-2016, 10:36 PM
So for those not in the know explain how the Ed George situation forced half the staff to resign months after the court case?

I have heard both sides of it and, as usual, believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It has been argued that the new BOD hasn't had time to affect this change (which may be true), but there certainly has been enough time and legal resolutions to move past what Ed did. Unless Ed, a single director of a single region, had the ability to destroy everything the BCWF had built in the last 60 years with a few off-colour emails it is time to move on. If one person does have that much influence then it is REALLY time to move on.

The simple fact of the matter is, going back to the very first post, it is sad the BCWF lost so many employees; especially at a time when the fight to hunt is under such extreme pressure. The people that left were good people, hard working people who truly cared.They will be hard to replace, and until they are we will continue to lose out.

Whonnock Boy
06-17-2016, 11:04 PM
I'll assume you are directing that question at me. Please read what I previously commented.

Sure, it may not have a lot to do with it, but it most certainly has something to do with it.

So for those not in the know explain how the Ed George situation forced half the staff to resign months after the court case?

Wentrot
06-18-2016, 05:32 AM
It doesn't matter who speaks out about this, the same few people will constantly try to spin it around back to ed George. BCWF can do no wrong 'round here and if you suggest "they" have you are immediately ******ed. Huge part of the reason I no longer give them my money, the puppet squad constantly attempting to protect their BS ways scares the crap out of me-There is way to much "he said she said" on BOTH sides.

Whonnock Boy
06-18-2016, 09:14 AM
You are more than welcome to come and volunteer, or even speak with people involved in the fed. It won't take long for you to find out what has been really happening, especially here in region 2.

One thing you need to realize, is the people who are instigating the "he said she said". Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has been attacking Ed George and his supporters. The supporters of the BCWF are always reacting to the accusations that they have been making. Think about it.....

It doesn't matter who speaks out about this, the same few people will constantly try to spin it around back to ed George. BCWF can do no wrong 'round here and if you suggest "they" have you are immediately ******ed. Huge part of the reason I no longer give them my money, the puppet squad constantly attempting to protect their BS ways scares the crap out of me-There is way to much "he said she said" on BOTH sides.

steveo
06-18-2016, 10:00 AM
You are more than welcome to come and volunteer, or even speak with people involved in the fed. It won't take long for you to find out what has been really happening, especially here in region 2.

One thing you need to realize, is the people who are instigating the "he said she said". Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has been attacking Ed George and his supporters. The supporters of the BCWF are always reacting to the accusations that they have been making. Think about it.....How is being a volunteer a bullet proof vest, you mean as a volunteer there is no expectations on you to do a professional and productive job. Many of us have done volunteer work and still do so we have an idea what it is all about and I don't think we are all trying to down play the volunteer efforts of the people with in the federation but have an interest in wanting the machine to work more efficiently.

Whonnock Boy
06-18-2016, 10:09 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make.

How is being a volunteer a bullet proof vest, you mean as a volunteer there is no expectations on you to do a professional and productive job. Many of us have done volunteer work and still do so we have an idea what it is all about and I don't think we are all trying to down play the volunteer efforts of the people with in the federation but have an interest in wanting the machine to work more efficiently.

ICEWOODY
06-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Sorry to say but no one gives a shit. Take your tea party and to hell with a hand granade!! I spend all my money on hunting gear and gas so no matter the political agenda you possess EVER! I will never have that "extra" change for your agency. I have my ethics and I have my gun, and my boots are tied.b I have my voice! Where I hunt the trees don't talk back much so and I don't find joy in rallying a clan to talk to the man thanks and good day. I think y'all just need to get out of the chair the screen is melting your soul, mabee go hunt. Cheers

Bowzone_Mikey
06-18-2016, 02:26 PM
wow ... what an abortion

Sorry Kermit ... I know it aint easy being green ... But I simply dont believe you ... I think you have a personal agenda here and are being fed info
not to mention holding pretty tight onto some old baggage

The Hermit
06-19-2016, 04:57 PM
I wonder if Kermit quit like this classy guy?
https://www.facebook.com/NextNextNow/videos/806928162776509/

FirePower
06-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Thank you Mr. Kermit for being so forthcoming with the facts of the situation and confirming what many of us have been saying all along. It surprises me not that the same four or five are continuing to spew their rhetoric, with the same old tired spins and deflections they repeat over again whenever anyone dare to post contrary to the party line they are being fed. Should the Lord God himself make such a post they would blindly follow the directions of their leader and say He was lying Himself. Eventually the members will get tired of it and see they are merely trying to sweep their dirt under the rug and hide their dirty little secrets. Thank you again Mr. Kermit and others who will not allow the wool to be pulled over their eyes.

Good2bCanadian
06-21-2016, 12:08 PM
Good to see new blood in the BCWF.
Time for those that left to let the BCWF do what it does best and quit painting the fed as the problem.

The membership has voted in new blood and voted out the problems AFAIC.

Whonnock Boy
06-21-2016, 12:23 PM
You just can't stay away, and need to instigate like your friends. Why don't you go back to where your like minded friends are, and you can accuse, bash, and undermine the Fed with impunity.

Thank you Mr. Kermit for being so forthcoming with the facts of the situation and confirming what many of us have been saying all along. It surprises me not that the same four or five are continuing to spew their rhetoric, with the same old tired spins and deflections they repeat over again whenever anyone dare to post contrary to the party line they are being fed. Should the Lord God himself make such a post they would blindly follow the directions of their leader and say He was lying Himself. Eventually the members will get tired of it and see they are merely trying to sweep their dirt under the rug and hide their dirty little secrets. Thank you again Mr. Kermit and others who will not allow the wool to be pulled over their eyes.

FirePower
06-21-2016, 03:01 PM
The problem is Mr. Good2bCanadian is the ones running this train wreck are the same ones who were running it before the AGM, that's right there has been no appreciable change in the leadership. What you had is what you still have only worse.

Fisher-Dude
06-21-2016, 03:11 PM
The problem is Mr. Good2bCanadian is the ones running this train wreck are the same ones who were running it before the AGM, that's right there has been no appreciable change in the leadership. What you had is what you still have only worse.

When do you plan to quit your silliness?

Ed lost, and lost hugely. Get over it, and go do something for fish and wildlife for a change.

06-21-2016, 03:20 PM
you know what would add real clarity?
is if you guys who are always on this posted your names and positions in the BCWF....otherwise the bunch of you are all the same.... none of what is posted is believable because it is coming from an internet handle.
all of this is one internet handle says " x amount of people left because they are pissed.." what were thoes positions? the other says " those guys were part of the problem"

basically what is happening is you guys are not working out amongst yourselves and making the BCWF look bad in the process.

Good2bCanadian
06-21-2016, 03:35 PM

Translation....... Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

Spy
06-21-2016, 03:44 PM
is if you guys who are always on this posted your names and positions in the BCWF....otherwise the bunch of you are all the same.... none of what is posted is believable because it is coming from an internet handle.
all of this is one internet handle says " x amount of people left because they are pissed.." what were thoes positions? the other says " those guys were part of the problem"

basically what is happening is you guys are not working out amongst yourselves and making the BCWF look bad in the process.
I agree it's confusing and is achieving nothing but alienating future,would be members.

Wentrot
06-21-2016, 04:16 PM
I agree it's confusing and is achieving nothing but alienating future,would be members.

X3.....let's get some clarity here

FirePower
06-21-2016, 06:26 PM
Every time someone like Mr. Kermit tries to add clarity to the subject they are met with the same rehearsed tiring rebuttal by the president's lap dogs. Or asked "Who told you that" or they try to rehash the Ed George incident over again and lay the blame at his feet even though he now has nothing to do with the BOD. It is in fact so tedious that I am not sure why they bother as most anyone who has followed this for any length of time can predict and quote their statements almost word for word before they make them.

RiverOtter
06-21-2016, 07:14 PM
Hard to believe there's not a big old lock on this thread, nothing gets settled and onlookers can only guess at where the real truth lies, as accusations are vague and rebuttals are no better. I get the privacy issue and understand, but with that said, I fail to see the point of even trying to debate an issue online where actual details are off limits...??

This horse has been beaten to death, beat some more, then when the blow flies and maggots showed up, some took to flogging the rotting carcass.....To what end?

I'm a firm believer in the proof being in the pudding, so I'll continue with my membership and give the Fed a chance to show they're better....as I really don't see another viable option....

Whonnock Boy
06-21-2016, 09:23 PM
It was essentially dead, and then as I previously mentioned, someone from the naysayer crowd comes in and throws out some accusations, or instigates discussion in some way. I have come to the conclusion that these people are hoping, praying, that someone says something that can be used against the federation, as they have nothing, and they are looking for ammo.

I actually asked gatehouse to leave it open for the simple reason that more times than not, someone from the crowd incriminates themselves. I doubt this is the only reason for it. Look at Kermit. He admitted breaching confidentiality, going to outside individuals when he allegedly had problems within the office.

Hard to believe there's not a big old lock on this thread,

06-21-2016, 10:28 PM

That is the goal of the "out" crowd. The last year has shown how much they want to work together. It's all about power and control. By the way, I am a pleb. I know who a few of the players are and have seen the tactics - from my own research - so I have come to my own conclusions about the issues. I know it won't fit agendas but whatever.

That is the goal. Use your brains man - the BCWF is the only voice we have. Period. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

It was essentially dead, and then as I previously mentioned, someone from the naysayer crowd comes in and throws out some accusations, or instigates discussion in some way. I have come to the conclusion that these people are hoping, praying, that someone says something that can be used against the federation, as they have nothing, and they are looking for ammo.

I actually asked gatehouse to leave it open for the simple reason that more times than not, someone from the crowd incriminates themselves. I doubt this is the only reason for it. Look at Kermit. He admitted breaching confidentiality, going to outside individuals when he allegedly had problems within the office.

Then let it die. Who cares what Firepower says any more? Let him have the last word - he is so transparent that the vast majority of the people can see exactly what he is doing.

Jagermeister
06-21-2016, 10:36 PM
It's time to suck back and reload folks. The BCWF in the recent past has seemingly not have had our best interests at heart. It is time to move forward and improve our relationships within. We have many challenging issues facing us. Probably first and foremost is the right of British Columbia citizens to access crown land and lakes. This is a very serious issue, not just the battle between Nicola Valley Fish & Game Club and the Douglas Lake Cattle Company. We all need to get behind and support their endeavor because they are really championing our cause. Lose this and you can hang up your fishing pole and turn your rifles in to lamp stand poles because you will not be able to use either and leave the pavement without emptying your pockets to fleecing by one entity or another. Plain and simple.
You might say to yourself, "That old shit is just a doomsday fear monger" and you would be quite right. But mark my words, don't come crying to me when you suddenly find yourselves locked out. I can't emphasize how important this is to all of us. It's time to pull your heads out of the sand and protect what you have, some bodies wants to take it all away from you. Of course this applies to all that would access crown land, stargazers. hikers, atvers besides the hunters and fishers.
Surf this site for more information. http://www.nvfishandgameclub.ca/ Google Rick McGowan too
Invite Rick McGown to your next fish and game club meeting to get first hand information. You will be surprised what you don't know. We owe a lot to Rick.
And I am expecting the BCWF to start taking a more active role in this with Jim Glaicar and the rest of the BOD.

06-21-2016, 10:51 PM
Spot on Jagermeister. I wonder if the average person sees how our rights are being eroded. Have folks looked at the changes in the new hunting regulations? Take a look at region 6 moose. Access and opportunities are decreasing for us.

Speaking of the BCWF in a more active role, look at what Jesse Zeeman is up to, traveling around the province working hard to make sure we have opportunities. The old ways are just that - old, and ineffective. Get involved before it is too late.

Kermit
06-21-2016, 11:18 PM

Are you saying that I "breached confidentiality" because I had some concerns about my working environment and reached out to a few people in the organization that I trusted? And that my speaking with a current or past member of the board or executive, past president, committee chair, etc, about those issues was inappropriate and over the line?

Have I got that straight?

Whonnock Boy
06-21-2016, 11:31 PM
If you signed a confidentiality agreement, yes, that is what I am saying. Maybe I'm wrong. You tell me.

Are you saying that I "breached confidentiality" because I had some concerns about my working environment and reached out to a few people in the organization that I trusted? And that my speaking with a current or past member of the board or executive, past president, committee chair, etc, about those issues was inappropriate and over the line?

Have I got that straight?

Kermit
06-21-2016, 11:35 PM
If you signed a confidentiality agreement, yes, that is what I am saying. Maybe I'm wrong. You tell me.

Staff don't sign confidentiality agreements - board members do.

northernbc
06-21-2016, 11:36 PM
jagermeister your post is sad but I believe very true. this is a way of life, paid for with blood by our relatives. and we are watching it being ruined by all these (god I don't even know what to call them all) groups and cultures. it is criminal and my it makes me really mad.

Whonnock Boy
06-21-2016, 11:40 PM
I guess I am wrong then. My apologies.

Xenomorph
06-22-2016, 09:23 AM

Doesn't matter what you signed, unless you're talking about your own experience and what your grievance is, it's hearsay and equal with high school gossip and depending on the largeness of expressed personal feelings quite passable for real civil consequences.

On the other hand, if every party involved into this whole debate comes together for the benefit of us all, well then, that will be the day, won't it?!? Seriously though, Jager touched on a very real and concerning issue, we're losing vital ground and interest while all here are bickering on procedures as a bunch of old wives with nothing better to do. I'm honestly happy to hear everyone's REAL and expressed experiences. Seriously, put them forth, what's this BOD doing that's not cool? What's the issue with the current management? Lay in out in plain simple words so I/we can understand. Enough with the "trust me" crap. Lay it out boys like men, enough acting up like children. Help yourselves and us make a better decision at the next AGM. For God's sake, just man up and do the right thing, IF that's what you think it is or stfu already. I'd rather listen to facts and make my own judgement on it, instead of reading through all this.

FACTS please or be done.

Whonnock Boy
06-22-2016, 09:28 AM
With that said, I find it very surprising that someone hired to manage the communications of the Fed wouldn't be required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Have you checked your employment contract Kermit?

06-22-2016, 09:57 AM
It's time to suck back and reload folks. The BCWF in the recent past has seemingly not have had our best interests at heart. It is time to move forward and improve our relationships within. We have many challenging issues facing us. Probably first and foremost is the right of British Columbia citizens to access crown land and lakes. This is a very serious issue, not just the battle between Nicola Valley Fish & Game Club and the Douglas Lake Cattle Company. We all need to get behind and support their endeavor because they are really championing our cause. Lose this and you can hang up your fishing pole and turn your rifles in to lamp stand poles because you will not be able to use either and leave the pavement without emptying your pockets to fleecing by one entity or another. Plain and simple.
You might say to yourself, "That old shit is just a doomsday fear monger" and you would be quite right. But mark my words, don't come crying to me when you suddenly find yourselves locked out. I can't emphasize how important this is to all of us. It's time to pull your heads out of the sand and protect what you have, some bodies wants to take it all away from you. Of course this applies to all that would access crown land, stargazers. hikers, atvers besides the hunters and fishers.
Surf this site for more information. http://www.nvfishandgameclub.ca/ Google Rick McGowan too
Invite Rick McGown to your next fish and game club meeting to get first hand information. You will be surprised what you don't know. We owe a lot to Rick.
And I am expecting the BCWF to start taking a more active role in this with Jim Glaicar and the rest of the BOD.

coming from a guy who is "locked out" and the BCWF got some sort of access last yer.... I whole heartedly agree with the above statements....
you guys need to stop trying to awnser each other cuz none of us know WTF is goin on....

so who ever it is,, get back at the Facking table and get us in cuz BC is goin private

Xenomorph
06-22-2016, 11:28 AM
get back at the Facking table and get us in cuz BC is goin private

That right there is the truth, and a scary one to boot. Now, if only we started acting in OUR common interest, all of us.

FirePower
06-22-2016, 02:41 PM

Imagine that. Certainly calls into question some of the other "facts" you have so boldly stated previously with such assuredness.

FirePower
06-22-2016, 02:48 PM
coming from a guy who is "locked out" and the BCWF got some sort of access last yer.... I whole heartedly agree with the above statements....
you guys need to stop trying to awnser each other cuz none of us know WTF is goin on....

so who ever it is,, get back at the Facking table and get us in cuz BC is goin private
Access has taken a huge step backwards with the dismissal of the provincial access chair so the president could hand out a patronage appointment to one of his lap dogs. If you expect results you are far better off dealing directly with region 1, fortunately there are still trustworthy, hardworking people in many of the regionals.

Fisher-Dude
06-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Access has taken a huge step backwards with the dismissal of the provincial access chair so the president could hand out a patronage appointment to one of his lap dogs. If you expect results you are far better off dealing directly with region 1, fortunately there are still trustworthy, hardworking people in many of the regionals.

Sounds like we've lost a lot of access under the old chair, according to the folks posting above.

I'm looking forward to the work of the new chair, who has only been at the job for a month or so.

For you to say "access has taken a huge step backwards" when the new chair has just taken over is disingenuous, and par for the course with your crew of shit disturbers.

Fortunately, you brought up that there's been a change, as it appears with access deteriorating all over the province the past few years that we needed a change in that position to a stronger, more well-rounded candidate.

Kudos to the new fed president for making changes in areas that needed a fresh perspective.

06-22-2016, 04:57 PM
For those of you - should be everyone - concerned about access, I just received an update from the BCWF:

The BCWF and its membersknow how important public access to the wilderness is. Allowing more peopleinto the backcountry helps protect it from poachers and vandals butincreasingly, outdoor enthusiasts are finding gates across roads that used tobe open.
That's why the BCWildlife Federation has launched a campaign to press landlowners and governmentto restore public access to our shrinking wild spaces.
What is called"Right to Roam" is enshrined in many northern European nations,. butin Canada, only Nova Scotia protects the right of people to cross uncultivatedprivate land to reach fishing lakes and streams.
A white paperprepared by the Environmental Law Clinic at the University of Victoria. PublicAccess to Privately Owned Wild Lands (http://bcwf.thankyou4caring.org/page.redir?target=http%3a%2f%2fbcwf.thankyou4carin g.org%2fpage.redir%3ftarget%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fw ww.bcwf.net%252ffiles%252fEnhancing_Public_Access_ to_Privately_Owned_Wild_Lands.pdf%26srcid%3d17932% 26srctid%3d1%26erid%3d4124763%26trid%3d304db4ba-9db6-4553-ae6e-b390bddca8c1&srcid=18205&srctid=1&erid=4196548&trid=f3d1125b-fcbf-4aeb-a627-5798d187b00d) is calling for the B.C.government to take action. Meantime, for a good example of the challengesfacing backcountry hikers, read VancouverSun's coverage of Spine Trail and public access (http://bcwf.thankyou4caring.org/page.redir?target=https%3a%2f%2fwww.google.com%2fu rl%3frct%3dj%26sa%3dt%26url%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fvancouv ersun.com%2fnews%2flocal-news%2fbackcountry-backlash-public-access-to-b-c-s-wilderness-runs-into-roadblocks%26ct%3dga%26cd%3dCAEYACoUMTAyNjg0MzY4OT kwNjg0ODczMTkyGjBhZGM3YjNiYTI4Yjk1N2M6Y29tOmVuOlVT %26usg%3dAFQjCNEFQSe3PflgA8Bl6IcDgh8FU-VC3w&srcid=18205&srctid=1&erid=4196548&trid=f3d1125b-fcbf-4aeb-a627-5798d187b00d)

Whonnock Boy
06-22-2016, 05:49 PM
I don't believe it does. What this does show is that I am able to admit my mistakes, and apologize for them. However, I am still going to wait for Kermit to respond to my last question directed at him, before I can move on.

Imagine that. Certainly calls into question some of the other "facts" you have so boldly stated previously with such assuredness.

I truly laughed out loud when I read this. When there is a changing of the guard, it's only natural that a few of the soldiers will get lost in the shuffle. I could really elaborate, but why bother? As I have mentioned previously, yet another attempt at instigating, accusing, bashing, and undermining the Fed.

Are you finished yet? This is getting beyond absurd.

f350ps
06-22-2016, 09:39 PM
Mr. Firepower, I suggest you object to your puppet masters next orders and let this die, the damage you are unknowingly causing the Fed Is going to take a long time to repair! K

Gateholio
06-22-2016, 09:48 PM
Mr. Firepower, I suggest you object to your puppet masters next orders and let this die, the damage you are unknowingly causing the Fed Is going to take a long time to repair! K

It seems that's his plan

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pLyobNsBDHI/hqdefault.jpg

Gateholio
06-22-2016, 09:49 PM
And with that, I think this thread is no longer of any purpose. GGTLW

;)