PDA

View Full Version : Sheep Hunting Seminar @ Woody's Pub, Lake Country

BCWF
04-27-2016, 01:32 PM
SHEEP HUNTING SEMINAR
May 5, 2016 - 6pm at Woody's Pub, Lake Country BC

Join Clay Lancaster and others to learn about wild sheep in BC, what gear you need, how to identify, how to age & much more!

Fundraiser Draw for Mountain Rifle - Sake Finnlight .270 WSM ($2200)
$25/ticket - includes Elk Burger with Fries, Pint of Beer, Door Prizes
(proceeds to the BC Wildlife Federation & Sheep Habitat enhancement in the Okanagan)

To get tickets through BCWF, contact Jesse Zeman: jessezeman@gmail.com or (250) 878-3799
http://bcwf.net/index.php/upcoming-events2

Due to the venue, this seminar is for adults only.

2chodi
04-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Clay Lancaster will also be putting a similar seminar on in Fort St. John on May 28, 2016. This will be in conjunction with our local outdoors store BackCountry. More information will be available soon.

Brew
04-27-2016, 03:35 PM
I may be in the area next week for work. Will I be able to buy a ticket at the door then? I just can't guarantee I'd be there if I had to buy tickets in advance. Thanks

BCWF
04-27-2016, 06:01 PM
Hi Brew

If there are any tickets left by "show time", they will be available at the door.

Hope to see you then!

Brew
04-27-2016, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I can make it.

Walking Buffalo
04-28-2016, 06:33 AM
Elk burgers?

As in Diversified Livestock elk meat?

It would be sad to see a Wildlife organization promoting the canned elk industry.

Just something for you to chew on....

bridger
04-28-2016, 06:53 AM
[QUOTE=Walking Buffalo;1775522]Elk burgers?

As in Diversified Livestock elk meat?

It would be sad to see a Wildlife organization promoting the canned elk industry.

Just something for you to chew on....[/QUOTE

Great thing about guys who get up in the morning and organize things for the rest of us to enjoy is they don't pay much attention to nit pickers.

bridger
04-28-2016, 06:58 AM
If you are a sheep hunter or interesting in becoming one don't miss the opportunity to talk sheep hunting with Clay Lancaster. You will learn more in one day from Clay than you will on several do it yourself trips.

Walking Buffalo
04-28-2016, 07:49 AM
Great thing about guys who get up in the morning and organize things for the rest of us to enjoy is they don't pay much attention to nit pickers.

Your comment is ironic as this morning I am working on the Alberta Outfitter Allocation Policy consultation and our new Sheep Management Plan draft....

Have a coffee and re-chew the fat of my post. Game farming poses great detriments to wildlife. I suspect that the BCWF does not endorse the game farming industry....

Best wishes to a full house for this event.

bearvalley
04-29-2016, 10:09 AM
The seminars a great idea.
A long time guide and outfitter like Clay has a lot of wild sheep experience to pass on.

Walking Buffalo
04-29-2016, 10:57 AM
With positive intentions for this event, the BCWF, and our wildlife.

I initially asked if the elk burgers were from farmed animals, without receiving an answer....

The BCWF has a Game Farming/ranching policy that I completely agree with.

http://bcwf.net/images/stories/Committee/Wildlife/Wildlife_Conflicts_and_Game_Farming/Game_Farming_Ranching_Policy.pdf

I find it disturbing that the BCWF may be using farmed elk for this event.
Those that understand the threats to wildlife imposed by game farming, which the BCWF policy clearly shows that they do understand, will also realize that this is not "nit picking"....

bearvalley
04-29-2016, 12:03 PM
Could be it's laundered elk burger donated by an outfitter?
Good for Clay and Jesse for organizing the event.
Maybe next year they can serve pack llama burgers then the event will be an all around success, good for sheep hunters and good for sheep.

bridger
04-29-2016, 12:26 PM

I initially asked if the elk burgers were from farmed animals, without receiving an answer....

http://bcwf.net/images/stories/Committee/Wildlife/Wildlife_Conflicts_and_Game_Farming/Game_Farming_Ranching_Policy.pdf

Those that understand the threats to wildlife imposed by game farming, which the BCWF policy clearly shows that they do understand, will also realize that this is not "nit picking"....

Sorry, but give it a rest. This is a great event with one of the premiere sheep outfitters in Canada. sharing his considerable knowledge and expertise with resident hunters. A great bridge builder we need in our province

Alberta allows game farming BC doesn't!

GoatGuy
04-29-2016, 01:52 PM

Point taken, fair comment.

I'm sure there was no malicious intent and it will be rectified in the future.

Thanks!

Apolonius
04-30-2016, 05:09 AM
Using Farmed Elk meet ???
Isn't that kind of an endorsement,of an industry?
Nothing wrong with pizza.
What is it with this new RH/Guides relationship?
And what is it that an outfitter,has in common with a resident hunter?
Build bridges??? yes...i thought they wanted to build barrels to bend us over ...again.
(Yes of course name recognition would attract a better crowd).
Aren't this the guides that screwed up the resident hunter?Now keynote speakers?
Well yes ,"give it a rest".Nothing constructive in asking questions.
But it seems some people that yesterday hated the guides....now want to hug them.
I want to see the light too!
Maybe i will if they stopped humping me...over the barrel.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-30-2016, 05:25 AM
Build bridges??? yes...i thought they wanted to build barrels to bend us over ...again.
Aren't this the guides that screwed up the resident hunter?Now keynote speakers?
But it seems some people that yesterday hated the guides....now want to hug them.

Dont confuse the GOABC with guides. The two aren't necessarily the same. There are some great guides out there that don't share the same views as the GOABC.

bridger
04-30-2016, 05:49 AM

Please don't by any stretch of imagination confuse my positive comments on this sheep seminar as an endorsement of the Goabc. Two separate issues. Talking sheep hunting with Clay Lancaster is a positive and enjoyable experience.

Fisher-Dude
04-30-2016, 07:12 AM
Please don't by any stretch of imagination confuse my positive comments on this sheep seminar as an endorsement of the Goabc. Two separate issues. Talking sheep hunting with Clay Lancaster is a positive and enjoyable experience.

Apolonius doesn't know what a positive and enjoyable experience is. For him, the two terms are mutually exclusive.

Apolonius
04-30-2016, 08:38 AM
All guides benefitted/benefit/will benefit.Goabc is an organization that looked after their interests.
Mr Ellis did a marvellous job for all outfitters.
Elk guides,moose guides,sheep guides they all have a good share of the BC wildlife.
I do not dislike guides as persons,they can be like every one else.Good and bad.
Their profession is another thing.
Their gains came of the RH share.
Do i blame Mr Ellis?
Not for a second,he did well for what he got paid for.
But his interests and the RH interests differ.
And for me a guide,member of Goabc or not ,gained on the RHs back.
But this is nothing against Mr Lancaster or anyone.
Just can't see the difference,member of goabc or not.
I did not see anyone deny/give back the gains that goabc got for them?
Restrictions and limits for RH...yes i see.
Alliance i would understand is RH and Natives.
Just different ways i see things.

GoatGuy
04-30-2016, 09:08 AM
Doesn't own any outfits in BC

Hasn't been a goabc member for years

does not like goabc at all

bearvalley
04-30-2016, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=Apolonius;

I do not dislike guides as persons,they can be like every one else.Good and bad.
Their profession is another thing.

Alliance i would understand is RH and Natives.[/QUOTE]

Maybe be you can post up what your profession is/was so it can be scrutinized.
While your at it, I'd be interested in hearing what you've done towards making wildlife populations sustainable in BC.
Bitching on HBC doesn't count for much.

The alliance between FNs and RH is an interesting concept, but a lot of RHs are going to have to get a different mindset for that concept to ever gain ground.

Take for instance the recently withdrawn resolution that was to be presented and voted on at the recent BCWF AGM.
The withdrawn resolution basically called all FNs hunting illegal poaching.
Thanks to the newly elected president of the BCWF, the outgoing president and part of the the BoD the resolution disappeared.

A dumb guide had to point out to them the volatility of that resolution.

The old school mentality of trying to take something from the other guy doesn't work, someone's going to end up with the short end of the stick.

Apolonius
04-30-2016, 09:59 AM
I never said guides are dumb...quiet the opposite.And thanks to the guide that pointed the "resolution"out.
Anyway i don't see all guides as bad or as enemies.
Opponents yes,as our interests differ.And yes we do have common interests too.
And we are not the ones that tried to take things out of the other "guys".Well you could say that too...from your point of view.
Anyway Bearvalley it is and it would be a never ending discussion.
The weekend looks real good.Enjoy.

Weatherby Fan
04-30-2016, 10:13 AM
Hey did you guys know the Lotto 6/49 jackpot is 21 million for tonight :-)

hopefully i I can get someone to cover me at work so I can attend the Sheep Hinting Seminar !

RiverOtter
04-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Hey did you guys know the Lotto 6/49 jackpot is 21 million for tonight!
Sure be nice to call into work WELL for a change, and then casually mention you won't be back.....forever.....:cool:

REMINGTON JIM
04-30-2016, 12:13 PM
Sure be nice to call into work WELL for a change, and then casually mention you won't be back.....forever.....:cool:

LMAO that would be GREAT ! Me and WF would be on SAFARI for ever ! :grin: RJ

Weatherby Fan
04-30-2016, 12:36 PM

Yeh that would be awesome, sorry boys I'm done !........a nice house on a Lake in BC and hunt till it was all gone :mrgreen:

LMAO that would be GREAT ! Me and WF would be on SAFARI for ever ! :grin: RJ

You bet buddy, we'd wear that new knee out chasing Sheep and having fun thats for sure !

Gateholio
04-30-2016, 02:21 PM
Woods pub sells beef AND elk burgers. I'm sure they would sub a beef burger for those that don't want farmed elk. :)

REMINGTON JIM
05-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Maybe they could get gatehouse there cooking and flipping them too ! ;) LOL RJ

eric
05-01-2016, 02:28 PM
wow, did this thread ever go sideways....
I will be taking in, the one in FSJ..
Farmed Elk or not...Haha

Mik
05-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Alright Gents....What a Hijack!!! Enough is enough....... take your discussion of the"Farmed Elk" elsewhere!
I will be attending the seminar, looking forward to it. Thanks to BCWF, Jesse and Woodys for organizing the event. Oh ya, and im lookin fwd to winning the rifle :)

bridger
05-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Alright Gents....What a Hijack!!! Enough is enough....... take your discussion of the"Farmed Elk" elsewhere!
I will be attending the seminar, looking forward to it. Thanks to BCWF, Jesse and Woodys for organizing the event. Oh ya, and im lookin fwd to winning the rifle :)

It's gonna be an awesome time!

358mag
05-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Road trip time sure its JZ time to buy a pint or 3 .;);)

REMINGTON JIM
05-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Some good stuff for you here Hunter Doggy ! :smile: http://www.promoplace.com/24480/stores/BCWildlifeFederation

Cheers :wink: RJ

Ramshot
05-02-2016, 11:05 AM
I had the opportunity to glass california bighorn sheep and shoot the shit with Clay Lancaster and he is a wealth of knowledge and had some awesome stories! He's a great guy. Would be a great seminar.

Ramshot

OutWest
05-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Packed house for a great event last night. Lots of knowledge in the room and a few $ raised for wild sheep. Thanks to everyone who put this event together. Top notch, even my elk burger ;)

Mik
05-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Educational, There was a lot of good info given out by Clay. Thanks again to Clay, Jesse, BCWF and Cory for hosting this event at Woodys Pub.

REMINGTON JIM
05-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Well, you got a sense of humor RJ! LMAO That's a hard quality to find these days.

LOL you bet ! Lifes to short to be Mad at everyone ! :wink: Cheers RJ