PDA

View Full Version : BCWF President and VP's Elected

Whonnock Boy
04-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Congratulations to Jim Glaicar for his election as President, and Harvey Andrusak and Brenton Froelich as VP's.

bridger
04-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Nice. Great guys and great leaders!

huntcoop
04-23-2016, 05:17 PM
Congrats to all, time to move forward :smile:

RiverOtter
04-23-2016, 05:18 PM
Congratulations.....

Fisher-Dude
04-24-2016, 08:20 AM
Very strong team elected to the BoD and Executive this AGM.

Congratulations to all who were elected and thank you to all who have worked so hard the past year, especially George Wilson who has been an absolute rock through a very difficult term.

Onward and upward!

primmed99
04-24-2016, 08:49 AM
Time to shake things up kill or be killed

Fosey
04-24-2016, 01:29 PM
Excellent convention and good to see the BCWF move ahead, hopefully Jim will do it.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Looking forward to the direction that we will be moving ... Congrats to all

Mulehahn
04-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Congratulations to everyone. Never met Brenton, but both Jim and Harvey are good people. I just hope they are willing to make the changes are desperatley needed instead of just running with the usual SSDD.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-24-2016, 07:06 PM
Congrats to the new board!....and my condolences to their spouses.

Whonnock Boy
04-24-2016, 07:16 PM
I just hope they are willing to make the changes are desperatley needed instead of just running with the usual SSDD.

SSDD, same $hit, different day?

Fosey
04-24-2016, 07:59 PM
You are blind if you can't see the progress the BCWF has made in the last 5 years. I must agree there is some huge changes to be made. With Al Martin and Jesse Zeman on board things are happenning and it looks like someone will be spending more time in Ottawa lobbying the new Gov't. Unfortunately we are going to have to go along with the Natives or we will keep losing our hunting areas.

Mulehahn
04-24-2016, 08:02 PM
SSDD, same $hit, different day?

Yes.

The BCWF needs to move forward and I believe this group wants that to. I am just not sure they will be able to.

Whonnock Boy
04-24-2016, 08:46 PM
IMO, they are already proving that they are doing just that. A lot of good things are happening, and are in the works.

Yes.

The BCWF needs to move forward and I believe this group wants that to. I am just not sure they will be able to.

REMINGTON JIM
04-24-2016, 10:57 PM
Congrats to the new President Jim Glaicar and all the others too ! :smile: RJ

Stone Sheep Steve
04-25-2016, 09:40 AM
You are blind if you can't see the progress the BCWF has made in the last 5 years. I must agree there is some huge changes to be made. With Al Martin and Jesse Zeman on board things are happenning and it looks like someone will be spending more time in Ottawa lobbying the new Gov't. Unfortunately we are going to have to go along with the Natives or we will keep losing our hunting areas.

I agree 100%

Good2bCanadian
04-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Congrats to the new president and the elected board.
Looking forward to the BCWF moving forward in a very positive manner.

Seeker
04-25-2016, 02:38 PM
Congrats Gentlemen. Lead on!

Opinionated Ol Phart
04-25-2016, 07:34 PM
I agree 100% YUP! Pretty much says it all.

Mulehahn
04-25-2016, 09:28 PM

Wow, I am not sure but I think that this was directed at me so I will respond. 5 years? I will give you maybe 18 months, but that is in large part because the previous 42 months the BCWF was a crashing harder than a the meteor that killed the dinosaurs. I have supported the BCWF since I was a teenager and will for as long as I am alive, but I saw with my own eyes the problems that were tearing it apart. Even George Wilson alludes to it in his farewell Presidents Report in the latest BC Outdoors when he says they have only begun in the last 2 years (being generous) the failure to recognize the changing membership within the BCWF.

The BCWF has had no real identity in years. As a result they were utterly useless when it really mattered. That being said, I firmly believe that things are improving and that the the people elected will try their damnedest to make it a solid voice again. But they will have an up hill battle. Many, way too many, within the BCWF have come to view it as their own little fiefdom to rule over and gain status rather than as a organization to represent the masses and bring about change.

Fisher-Dude
04-25-2016, 09:48 PM
Many, way too many, within the BCWF have come to view it as their own little fiefdom to rule over and gain status rather than as a organization to represent the masses and bring about change.

That guy didn't get elected.

The new slate is fabulous, and has the qualifications to really move the organization forward!

Bowzone_Mikey
04-26-2016, 05:51 AM

The new slate is fabulous, and has the qualifications to really move the organization forward!
Hope you are correct

however that said ... Whatever creditials the newly duely elected leadership may have ... They are useless if we the membership as a whole are apathetic.
I for one am committed to stand behind our leadership to support them in whatever way I can

Apolonius
04-26-2016, 06:23 AM
Congratulations to all elected.New blood and hope they do what is best for the hunters and outdoor enthusiasts.In my opinion first in order,"bridge the divide".Bring the two sides together.That by itself will show me "Leadership".
But i would like to hear what the most outspoken fighter against ED (with all the documents at hand), has to say about the.....President....no congratulations yet?lol

Fisher-Dude
04-26-2016, 06:49 AM
Hope you are correct

however that said ... Whatever creditials the newly duely elected leadership may have ... They are useless if we the membership as a whole are apathetic.
I for one am committed to stand behind our leadership to support them in whatever way I can

Well said Mikey.

The membership are really the ones who get the boots on the ground work done.

People should seriously consider attending a club or regional meeting to see where they can help out, be it helping for a few hours on a habitat project, helping on a youth fishing day, or getting more involved with a committee that interests them.

Those who don't think they "have the time" should check to see if they have a couple hours here or there - that's all it takes. A day off from HBC, for instance... ;)

04-26-2016, 01:36 PM
Congratulations to all elected.New blood and hope they do what is best for the hunters and outdoor enthusiasts.In my opinion first in order,"bridge the divide".Bring the two sides together.That by itself will show me "Leadership".
But i would like to hear what the most outspoken fighter against ED (with all the documents at hand), has to say about the.....President....no congratulations yet?lol

Are you talking about me?

Whonnock Boy
04-26-2016, 01:42 PM
For sure.....

Are you talking about me?

04-26-2016, 03:06 PM
For sure.....

Thank goodness. For a minute I was worried I had delusions of grandeur. My "fight" wasn't against Ed. It was against half-truths and misinformation. I guess the implication is that someone was feeding me information and I had some nefarious agenda. Sorry to disappoint, but that is not the case. The documents I had on hand were all from the public domain. Not much to say other than I hope the BCWF represents us all well and lives up to its goals and objectives. And also thanks to those who give their time.

Whonnock Boy
04-26-2016, 03:45 PM
Let's just hope that this is the end of it, and those involved can do what they have been elected to do, unobstructed, without distraction.

Not much to say other than I hope the BCWF represents us all well and lives up to its goals and objectives. And also thanks to those who give their time.