PDA

View Full Version : Only "Voting Deligates" to be allowed at the BCWF AGM and Convention

FirePower
04-21-2016, 09:20 AM
The word has just leaked that certain members of the BCWF Provincial Executive have proposed letting only "voting delegates" attend the AGM and convention. This has never happened before to my knowledge and would set a very dangerous precedence It is not clear whether or not it will go forth as not all members of the board are in favour, but it is most definitely being discussed. This is news every BCWF member needs to know.

Gateholio
04-21-2016, 10:17 AM
Considering all the yadda yadda yadda that's been posted about all things BCWF recently, I'll wait to hear some official announcement about......well, everything. :)

Fosey
04-21-2016, 11:30 AM
I will be at the convention and will form my opinions from there, I sure won't listen to the rhetoric on here.

GoatGuy
04-21-2016, 11:49 AM
The word has just leaked that certain members of the BCWF Provincial Executive have proposed letting only "voting delegates" attend the AGM and convention. This has never happened before to my knowledge and would set a very dangerous precedence It is not clear whether or not it will go forth as not all members of the board are in favour, but it is most definitely being discussed. This is news every BCWF member needs to know.

This is not news, it is fiction.

BCWF members are allowed to attend AGM related matters ie, nomination and vote.

Voting delegates, or members who paid for the entire agm/convention, get to attend the entire convention and agm.

Those who have paid but are not members/delegates only attend the convention part.

The online world is a very strange place - seems single cell organisms are readily able to make a living.

By the way, I believe the BCWF board meeting is today (the day before the agm/convention which is standard) - so how "not all members of the board are in favour" is beyond the farthest reaches of reality unless you have a crystal ball......... or you are telepathic............. or simply into making things up

The trouble with leaks is sometimes you are given one and sometimes someone is taking one on you.

Very best thing is to stick to the facts.

TPK
04-21-2016, 11:53 AM
I can't see that happening .. too much $$ down the drain for one thing. Convention has always been open to both BCWF and non-BCWF members and typically there is a good number of non-voting members present and participating.

It has been suggested that it's an attempt to avoid hard questions being asked but I honestly can't see that as a plausible reason as it won't stop that. The majority of voting delegates are there as club representatives asking the questions their club wants answers to, that won't change.

It may be an attempt to stream line the convention and cut down on the time spent with discussions but that is counterproductive in my mind and really against the whole point of going to convention. I will be very surprised if the idea gets any traction and very disappointed if it does.

fowl language
04-21-2016, 12:24 PM
my question is, can any member of the bcwf attend without registering,. I cannot remember if this has been the way in the past or not. could someone please clarify this as I know some people that are not registered that had planned on coming,,,dale

TPK
04-21-2016, 02:10 PM
As far as I can recall Dale, you would have to register to attend. Their choice would be for the three days or just the particular day they are there.

bearvalley
04-21-2016, 04:18 PM
The trouble with leaks is sometimes you are given one and sometimes someone is taking one on you.

Well said!

BgBlkDg
04-21-2016, 05:04 PM
The online world is a very strange place - seems single cell organisms are readily able to make a living.

The BEST single line comment I have ever read here......my congratulations.

FirePower
04-22-2016, 10:14 AM
This is not news, it is fiction.

BCWF members are allowed to attend AGM related matters ie, nomination and vote.

Voting delegates, or members who paid for the entire agm/convention, get to attend the entire convention and agm.

Those who have paid but are not members/delegates only attend the convention part.

By the way, I believe the BCWF board meeting is today (the day before the agm/convention which is standard) - so how "not all members of the board are in favour" is beyond the farthest reaches of reality unless you have a crystal ball......... or you are telepathic............. or simply into making things up

Well Mr. Goatguy, it appears it was not so much fiction after all. It is all over the convention that this was indeed being discussed and a lawyer was even consulted to explore the legal ramifications of such an unprecedented move.

Gateholio
04-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Well Mr. Goatguy, it appears it was not so much fiction after all. It is all over the convention that this was indeed being discussed and a lawyer was even consulted to explore the legal ramifications of such an unprecedented move.

So it's gossip. And nothing is actually different from any other AGM.

You got anything about Paris Hilton? Kim Kardashian?

:)

huntcoop
04-22-2016, 10:21 AM

Hearsay again FirePower?

FirePower
04-22-2016, 10:28 AM
Please feel free to continue

http://wonderopolis.org/wp-content/uploads//2015/03/1425_3.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjIt6Or4qLMAhVBXGMKHcPTDTgQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwonderopolis.org%2Fwonder%2Fdo-ostriches-really-bury-their-heads-in-the-sand%2F&psig=AFQjCNHZKu4aKpnuK_KZyUjJx1NBIqTp4w&ust=1461432403819439)

Gateholio
04-22-2016, 10:47 AM
http://images.thehollywoodgossip.com/iu/s--0L-OADU1--/t_teaser_wide/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_75/v1420806537/perez.png

huntcoop
04-22-2016, 11:30 AM
I am a member and FULLY support the BCWF.

https://bcwf.thankyou4caring.org/image/Member-Decal.jpg

Wentrot
04-22-2016, 12:04 PM
i am a member and fully support the bcwf.

https://bcwf.thankyou4caring.org/image/member-decal.jpg

ok. .........?

FirePower
04-22-2016, 02:36 PM
It was just announced that the closed session would be open to voting members only. The parliamentarian has now ruled that all BCWF members would indeed be allowed to remain for the closed session. "Rumour"dispelled.

steelslinger
04-22-2016, 04:26 PM
It was just announced that the closed session would be open to voting members only. The parliamentarian has now ruled that all BCWF members would indeed be allowed to remain for the closed session. "Rumour"dispelled.

Lets see the announcement? Is it on the web page? Source of information or its merely speculative Bullshit.

Foxton Gundogs
04-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Were you at the at the Closed Session today steelslinger, I was. Firepower is right the meeting chair announced the closed session was for VOTING DELIGAGATES ONLY, it was challenged and the parliamentarian ruled that all members were allowed to stay, it doesn't have to be on the web page to be a fact

Whonnock Boy
04-22-2016, 10:07 PM
From my point of view, it certainly did not seem to be as big of an issue as some are making it out to be. It was rectified, I believe George Wilson apologized for the mistake, and the meeting went on. End of story really....

bridger
04-22-2016, 10:14 PM
Speaking of convention news! Has the Judge released his written judgement explaining the reasons for his ruling and if costs were awarded in the George vs BCWF case?

Bowzone_Mikey
04-23-2016, 08:05 AM

Perhaps I am missing something here .... but how in the hell is this unpresedented? If you are a member in good standing of the BCWF then you are eligible to attend convention,debate and vote on matters on the convention floor

if you are not a memeber in good standing ... you may be a guest on the visitors gallery with no voice or vote

this is typical in the world .... if Past practice differs from this ... then the BCWF is the anomoly with respect to conventions and not the norm

steelslinger
04-23-2016, 08:22 AM
Were you at the at the Closed Session today steelslinger, I was. Firepower is right the meeting chair announced the closed session was for VOTING DELIGAGATES ONLY, it was challenged and the parliamentarian ruled that all members were allowed to stay, it doesn't have to be on the web page to be a fact

Nope I wasn't, but the amount of mud flinging so far leaves me with next to zero trust in the "I support Ed" group. Lots of BS spread out there just verifying if it's more of that.

bridger
04-23-2016, 08:32 AM
Ed had his day in court and the judge ruled in favor of the BCWF. Is there really anymore to discuss? Let's get onto to more important issues.

Buck
04-23-2016, 08:35 AM
ed had his day in court and the judge ruled in favor of the bcwf. Is there really anymore to discuss? Let's get onto to more important issues.

^^^like^^^

04-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Speaking of convention news! Has the Judge released his written judgement explaining the reasons for his ruling and if costs were awarded in the George vs BCWF case?

http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/sc/16/07/2016BCSC0718.htm

steelslinger
04-23-2016, 10:13 PM
So... Was Ed re-elected?

f350ps
04-24-2016, 08:31 PM
So Mr. Firepower, all good now?? K

btridge
04-26-2016, 06:05 PM
In answer to Ridgers question, (54) the petition is dismissed with costs.

btridge
04-26-2016, 06:31 PM
And congrats to the new board!

Mulehahn
04-26-2016, 09:45 PM
Perhaps I am missing something here .... but how in the hell is this unpresedented? If you are a member in good standing of the BCWF then you are eligible to attend convention,debate and vote on matters on the convention floor

if you are not a memeber in good standing ... you may be a guest on the visitors gallery with no voice or vote

this is typical in the world .... if Past practice differs from this ... then the BCWF is the anomoly with respect to conventions and not the norm

The reason is that it is unprecedented is that although any member could attend the convention, on the "voting delegates, of which is, I believe, 1 to 3 per club, and 1 for each region to represent the general membership. (plus youth) would be allowed to actually be present during the voting. I am sure someone will correct me on the actual numbers but think that is close. The proposal was to basically ban the viewing gallery.

That would basically make the whole thing a closed door meeting, and we all know how the last one turned out. I understand that it is impossible to allow every single member to vote, but every member should be allowed to participate.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-02-2016, 03:35 PM
The reason is that it is unprecedented is that although any member could attend the convention, on the "voting delegates, of which is, I believe, 1 to 3 per club, and 1 for each region to represent the general membership. (plus youth) would be allowed to actually be present during the voting. I am sure someone will correct me on the actual numbers but think that is close. The proposal was to basically ban the viewing gallery.

That would basically make the whole thing a closed door meeting, and we all know how the last one turned out. I understand that it is impossible to allow every single member to vote, but every member should be allowed to participate.

welcome to how stuff is done in the grown ups world

in the real world .. sure anyone can come see a convention but have no voice or vote ... on many occasions doors may be tiled (no one in or out or if one leaves one cannot get back in until discussion or election is over) memebers of the gallery are welcome to stay ...
Or session goes "in camera" or "Cone of Silence" which is often used during contentious issues and confidential talks are taking place, typically during charges trials and penalties type of discussions. You cant expect to maintain confidential status when you invite the world in to watch

If your upset about in camera sessions ... perhaps get off your ass and get yourself elected to sit at the adult table