PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Tackle Shop's

Silent Wolf
06-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Just wondering which Tackle shops are your Favorite in are B.C.

Phil
06-03-2007, 10:52 PM
I like Gills and Army And Navy

Dirty
06-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Gills closed down 2 years ago

06-04-2007, 08:00 AM
We have a couple of shops in our area that are fairly well stocked.......Surplus Herbie's in town and Ken Kraft in Lavington. Between the two they just about have everything a fisher type could want.

Tarp Man
06-04-2007, 08:48 AM
For fly shops, Reaction Fly and Tackle is by far the best in the Valley, and I would wager in the Province. Service from Terry, Ferdie and Darrell is above and beyond, and they don't mind taking total FNG's through the process of getting set up. Very patient. No high pressure selling tactics. And they just opened a new store too up in Logan Lake, to complement their store in Abbotsford. Highly recommended.

Mr. Dean
06-04-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm a die-hard salt chucher. My favorite two stores in the LM would be Nikka in Steveston and Berry's in Richmond.

Both have approachable and informed staff working behind the counters.

Wildman
06-04-2007, 09:05 AM
I like Berry's Bait 'N Tackle in Richmond............unfortunately or fortunatly, depending on how you look at it, I don't live there any longer.

The Dawg
06-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Another vote for Berry's....just got a flyer in the mail from them, they are having another huge sale coming up 8)

270WIN
06-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Another vote for Berry's....just got a flyer in the mail from them, they are having another huge sale coming up 8)

i like barrie as well and there a nice store cant remeber the name it in abby buy castle fun park. searun cutthroats a good one too

p.s berrys father day sale should be coming up

Tarp Man
06-04-2007, 11:19 AM
The one in Abbotsford by Castle Fun Park is Reaction Fly and Tackle. Right next to the Tim Horton's at Whatcom Road exit off HWY #1

Mr. Dean
06-04-2007, 11:39 AM
I like Berry's Bait 'N Tackle in Richmond............unfortunately or fortunatly, depending on how you look at it, I don't live there any longer.

Tell me about it... I live in Langley and for me to go hit both of 'my' stores, it's a day-trip.

But worth it. :mrgreen:

BearSniper
06-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey Tarp man, thats a good suggestion on Reaction Tackle

Also I have to put a plug in for Hub Sports in downtown Abbotsford8)

Tarp Man
06-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Without turning this into the thread of "who gives better deals", I find that Hub's gives you good deals if you "know a guy". Reaction gives you the same deal no matter if you just started or you helped to run their latest Speyclave. If you are at Hub's it depends who you talk to, and the high pressure environment is not for me. Besides, there is WAY too much scratching and sniffing going on there. It puts the stray dog lockup to shame. Reaction gets my vote and a lot of dollars, hands down.

Dirty
06-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I like Hub Sports best because you can find a wide variety of things there. You can pick up some shells or hunting gear or fishing gear while heading on a trip. Reaction is limited to fishing gear so you can't always find everything you need in one stop. I find reaction more geared towards the flyfishing crowd. At Reaction, I like Daryl and Ferdie but I can't stand Terry. My vote would go to Hub Sports

BlacktailStalker
06-04-2007, 03:32 PM
When I lived in North Van, definitely Highwater Tackle on Lonsdale between 2nd and 3rd. Dave is extremely knowledgeable and runs a big business in a small way, always catering to your needs.
Now here in Courtenay, it is a toss up between Tyee Marine and Gone fishn'.
I get a better discount at Gone Fishn but Roger at Tyee is a great guy. Seem to fill my hunting needs at Tyee and fishing needs at Gone Fishn'.

BCLongshot
06-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Ya Hub's for me.

Nothing but excellent service.

Silent Wolf
06-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks guys. 8)

Silent Wolf
06-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Will since I did the thread I might as well add my fav. shops.

1) Would be Highwater Tackle in North Van, Dave is a good guy.
2) Would be Randy out at HatchMatcher in Maple Ditch oh I mean
:mrgreen:MapleRidge:mrgreen:
3) Now closed down was Castaway Tackle in North Van it was a good shop once you where able to get passed Grumpy Bob:-D That is the first shop that got me hooked on C-Pinning a Mint Suprba for $200 Now a Pin Slut:twisted:

For me I like dealing with the little guys over the big stores like A&N or Nikka or shops like that.

Once you get to know the little guy, you are in........

I have herd good things with Hubs and others that would say stay away. I have been into Reaction Fly and Tackle they seem to know what they are doing.

Also if in the downtown, go take a look at Pacific Angler man oh man what a nice lay out and store. Dropped in yesterday, nice bunch of guys in there.

SW

One Shot
06-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Your tackle box and vest then Berry's Bait.:mrgreen:

Dirty
06-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Best Custom Rod Maker is Brian at WestCoast Tackle in Vancouver.

Silent Wolf
06-04-2007, 08:17 PM
OneShot so very true to when I catch all the fish to when we go out:mrgreen: How come you never seen to have the right gear????

Dirty, with Brian at West Coast Tackle yes he is a good rod builder he built up my last 2106LB Sage and love it8)