PDA

View Full Version : mustard roast

leftcoast
12-21-2004, 02:47 PM
hey guys, here is something we just tried. We did it with a bison roast but it would work good with anything. Cover the roast with mustard, just ordinary Frenchs yellow. Slather it on all over. Sprinkle pepper on the mustard. Cook your roast in your normal manner. no mustard flavour when you eat it but it puts a nice finish on the roast and seems to make it a bit moister with a more full bodied flavour.

=keith=

houndogger
12-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Sounds good Keith, I will get the woman on it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thunderstix
12-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Sounds like a big hotdog :smile:

3kills
12-21-2004, 08:10 PM
going to have to try it on my next deer roast i have...

YukonJack
12-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Now that sounds good...I'm gonna' try it with a bear....do you think a Dijon would be too much in this recipe?

sawmill
12-22-2004, 03:14 PM
if you get a real rutted up or tough roast poke some holes in a couple oranges and toss them in the roaster.the acid tenderises the meat and takes away the real gamey smell without flavouring it like an orange.i have fed moose and deer to die hard wild meat haters and they loved it.p.s. im making moose steak @mushroom pie tonite for supper! :mrgreen:

leftcoast
12-22-2004, 09:08 PM
YukonJack, we haven't tried Dijon but I bet it would be good. We were quite surprised at the lack of mustard taste doing it the way we did. So i am sure the Dijon would not over do it.

Sawmill, will give that a try....altho I like gamey. :)

=keith=

Thunderstix
12-23-2004, 09:56 AM
if you get a real rutted up or tough roast poke some holes in a couple oranges and toss them in the roaster.the acid tenderises the meat and takes away the real gamey smell without flavouring it like an orange.i have fed moose and deer to die hard wild meat haters and they loved it.p.s. im making moose steak @mushroom pie tonite for supper! :mrgreen:

As in don't peel them first?

sawmill
12-24-2004, 10:00 AM
nope,just poke some holes through the peel and toss them in.works like a hotdamn!

BCKID
05-13-2005, 11:44 PM
That’s an old recipe. Been doing that with a pork roast for years, and yes Dijon works to. If you want to kick it up a notch mix the mustard with horseradish. BCKID

zigman
05-14-2005, 07:29 AM
That’s an old recipe. Been doing that with a pork roast for years, and yes Dijon works to. If you want to kick it up a notch mix the mustard with horseradish. BCKID

BAM