PDA

View Full Version : Sausage Making Advice. PRO'S NEEDED

Mr. Dean
05-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Since having come home from my Bear hunt, I'm getting some contradictory advice on how to prepare my sausage meat.

The Bear is quartered and in my deep-freeze, it now needs to be thawed and processed further before it's skin-stuffing time.

I was in to the local sausage supply house for supplies and they advised me that in order to build my sausages, the entire lot will now need to be smoked before going back to the freezer. If I elect not to smoke, it will need to be 'finished' in some other manner (160 degree oven).

I guess that I was under the impression that refreezing was more of a quality issue than it was a health concern (?). The sausages that I’d like to make will all be dinner types that will need to be cooked before consumption (Italians and Garlic), except for a batch or two of pepperoni.

I know that there are a few members here (but can’t remember who) that have credentials in meat handling - I humbly seek for your input.

Thanks.

Bow Walker
05-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Mr. Dean......
I don't see a problem with thawing your quarter(s), and boning them out, and then taking the meat in for processing into sausage, and then re-freezing the sausages. Just do it as quick as you can. I agree that it would be a quality concern - not a health issue. The quality would not suffer much at all IMHO.

Keep the boneless meat as cold as possible (don't re-freeze) before processing into sausages and then freeze the sausages right away. My bet is that you don't notice any difference at all.

PM Marc - the site owner - and talk to him. He's done many a bear. Good luck.

Mr. Dean
05-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks BowWalker,

Your info was what I was lead to believe and I understand about keeping the meat chilled (under 38 degrees) for the entire process. I'll work beside a fridge that's dedicated for this and limit my work time on a quarter then rotate with another.

Thought;
Once my casings are stuffed, shouldn't I let them sit in the fridge for a day or so to let them marinade with the spices or do they need to be frozen up ASAP?

Bow Walker
05-29-2007, 10:58 AM
A thought I forgot to mention......thaw the quarters in the fridge. Very important.

Thought;
Once my casings are stuffed, should I let them sit in the fridge for a day or so to let them marinade with the spices or should they be frozen up ASAP?
Are you mixing your own sausage? If you are - mix the batch very, very well. Then freeze immediately when you wrap them in portions.

One thing I was taught for sausage making...........If you think you mixed it well - mix it again! This from a German teacher. It has served me well over the years.

444marlin
05-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Mr Dean,
We have been making dinner sausages with bear meat for years. Our meat is deboned and then left in the freezer for the required amount of time.
(Trichinellosis)

We then thaw, grind and mix with 30-40% ground pork trim. Seasoning are added. (butcher can recommend the amount). We package the sausages and refreeze. Quality is excellent. Vacuum packing will add months to the shelf life.

270WIN
05-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Mr Dean,
We have been making dinner sausages with bear meat for years. Our meat is deboned and then left in the freezer for the required amount of time.
(Trichinellosis)

We then thaw, grind and mix with 30-40% ground pork trim. Seasoning are added. (butcher can recommend the amount). We package the sausages and refreeze. Quality is excellent. Vacuum packing will add months to the shelf life.

I done the same thing with both moose and bear and both have tasted great

huntwriter
05-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Every time you handle meat the risk of contamination multiplies. The risk of contamination becomes highest when the meat is ground up for further processing into sausages. These are the reason why we often advice non-professionals to keep the meat frozen at all times until ready to process. During processing time the meat should never reach an internal temperature higher than 45F (7.2C).

The finished product should be cooked or smoked before it is refrozen. Fresh sausages, such as brats should also be frozen immediately after processing. Fresh sausages should not be stored in the refrigerator longer than one to two days before consumption.

When freezing sausages make sure you do not pack them to tightly in the freezer as this will prevent air circulation and as a result the middle layers will not freeze.

Hope this answers your question.

Mr. Dean
05-29-2007, 11:23 AM
A thought I forgot to mention......thaw the quarters in the fridge. Very important.

Are you mixing your own sausage? If you are - mix the batch very, very well. Then freeze immediately when you wrap them in portions.

One thing I was taught for sausage making...........If you think you mixed it well - mix it again! This from a German teacher. It has served me well over the years.

Understood... Understood... And yup, understood.

Once again, thanks!

Mr. Dean
05-29-2007, 11:33 AM
The finished product should be cooked or smoked before it is refrozen.

Oh Oh... Train derailed.

Why is this Huntwriter?

huntwriter
05-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Oh Oh... Train derailed.

Why is this Huntwriter?

Why is that? Food safety and product quality. Every time meat is defrosted and then frozen again the risk of contamination becomes higher.

Lol Bow Walker. My father, a Swiss gold medal sausage maker, used to say; “The sausage mixture is mixed properly when you’re getting tired and your fingers are about to fall off.” That was in a time before mixing machines, liquid smoke and food coloring. It was a time when sausages where made with 100% real meat by hand and with pride.

This brings me to the quality of cooking/smoking before freezing. As it had been said the sausage mixture has to be mixed very well in order to bind all the ingredients together. If the sausages intended for cooking/smoking are frozen first the emulsion often can, and will, separate. How does this happen? The water molecules in the meat mixture form ice crystals and cause the separation of the ingredients. Now if the sausages are defrosted and trough cooking or smoking reheated again, not only does the contamination risk go sky high but also the separation, speak quality loss, will increase.

Once the sausage is smoked or cooked, before it is frozen, it is not only preserved to a degree from contamination, but also the binding and marinating process is completed.

Personally I have never been a great sausage maker. All I know about sausages is what I learned from my father and brother, both award winning sausage makers, and in the Swiss Butcher School. My forte in the meat trade always has been meat cutting procedures (safety and quality control), livestock assessment and livestock welfare before and during slaughtering.

3kills
05-29-2007, 02:28 PM
mr dean i think u are on the right track and what bow walk and huntwriter have said is pretty much what i would say but with lots more detail as they have way more experience then me as i just started butchering in the last couple years....but what huntwriter was sayin here
The finished product should be cooked or smoked before it is refrozen. is that if u are smokin or cookin the sausage smoke it beforeu refreeze it for fresh just make sure its all stuffed and the process is done before u refreeze it....

Mr. Dean
05-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Maybe I haven't conveyed things well.

- I have frozen quarters that need to be thawed and cleaned up.
- I wish to make dinner sausage that isn't 'ready to eat' but meant to be cooked when it's meal-time.

I'm not talking about Brats, Salami, ect (sandwich meats). I know that my pepperoni needs to be finished before refreezing so that when it comes out, it's ready to snack on.

Yes, this is an undertaking I bestowed upon myself. If I can thaw and process the meat in a controlled enviourment, how is there a risk of contamination? Other than the risk of cross-contamination.

I understand cleansiness... I'm more worried about things like botchalism (sp) which as I understand it, needs a certain enviourment in order to take hold.

Changing a dressing on a wound could lead to infection... But if it's done in the proper manner the risk is reduced and is a better alternative than leaving the old one on.

The way I read the posts, I have two Pro's contradicting each other or I haven't been clear in asking my question.

Again, the sausage I intend to make is of design to stuff the casings and put in the freezer to be cooked at a later date.

mapguy
05-29-2007, 06:55 PM
I've been asked by butchers to bring them frozen meat and i've never had
a problem with sausage .20 years plus

BCLongshot
05-29-2007, 06:58 PM
I do know 1 thing...when your sitting on the sh*ter and your doing the groan and you have that look on your face the sausage has a problem !

lololololol

Mr. Dean
05-29-2007, 08:32 PM
The finished product should be cooked or smoked before it is refrozen. Fresh sausages, such as brats should also be frozen immediately after processing. Fresh sausages should not be stored in the refrigerator longer than one to two days before consumption.

VIOLA!!!

The problem is...... ME! I'm lost in Sausage Lingo. :oops: :redface:

The product in question is fresh sausages . The type that isn't intended to be cured, cooked or smoked. Soooo I want to make fresh sausage from frozen meat. As long as I control the meat temp during processing, it's OK/SAFE to do so? :confused:

3kills
05-29-2007, 08:40 PM
like i said u are on the right track just be cautious how u do it and u will be fine....good luck let us know how it turns out....

3kills
05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Mr Dean,
(Trichinellosis)

99% chance that ur home freezer (if u are using a regular home freezer) wont hit the temps needed to kill trich.....u have to rely on the cooking of it to kill the trich

Mr. Dean
05-29-2007, 08:51 PM
99% chance that ur home freezer (if u are using a regular home freezer) wont hit the temps needed to kill trich.....u have to rely on the cooking of it to kill the trich

Isn't the rule 2 weeks @ -20
Anyway it will be treated as pork = WELL DONE

3kills
05-29-2007, 11:05 PM
some will say that freezing wont kill trich in bears at all but what i have been taught for killin trich is freezing at -29 C for a minimum of 6 days or
-25 C for minimum 10 days....

huntwriter
05-29-2007, 11:14 PM
VIOLA!!!

The problem is...... ME! I'm lost in Sausage Lingo. :oops: :redface:

The product in question is fresh sausages . The type that isn't intended to be cured, cooked or smoked. Soooo I want to make fresh sausage from frozen meat. As long as I control the meat temp during processing, it's OK/SAFE to do so? :confused:

Sorry if I caused or added to your confusion. Any sausage that is not cured, smoked or pre-cooked is referred to as a fresh sausage in the butcher lingo.

Fresh sausages should be frozen as soon as possible right after production at a minimum departure of –35C to –40C.

The proper environment to produce sausages, if home made, is any place that is cool and clean. Only work at a meat volume that you can process in the shortest possible time before the meat warms up. Process the meat as cold as possible; during the processing time the meat should never reach an internal temperature much higher than 45F (7.2C). .

If you give the meat to a meat processing place take it there solid frozen as this is preferred by most all meat processors.

Of course there are always risks of contamination and cross contamination, but it can be kept to a minimum by proper handling, cooking and basic hygiene procedure.

Hope this explains better and does not add more to your confusion.:mrgreen:

Mr. Dean
05-30-2007, 12:09 AM
I LOVE YOU HUNTWRITER!

You're Golden. I knew what I was saying but some of my wording threw things off and some of the wording that came back sent the ball even further.

All's good. My head is on straight and the compass points north - Thanks.

While I have all the pro's attentions... What type of trim is better suited for Bears; beef or pork?

3kills
05-30-2007, 07:12 AM
it wouldnt be what kinda trim is best suited for bears its what kinda trim is best suited for the type of sauseage u are makin.....but anyways i would use pork trim....go to ur local butcher or coopers or save one or what have u and aske for some pork picnics it is the right amount of meat to fat ration (wich i think is 80/20) for doing fresh dinnner sausages....are u just throughin in ur own spices or are u ordering mixes from some one like stuffers?

huntwriter
05-30-2007, 07:17 AM
I am glad we speak the same language again.:mrgreen:

You can use straight pork fat, either kidney fat or back fat. Back fat has a bit more texture to it, meaning it smears less during processing.

You also can use 70/30 (70% fat/30%meat) fatty pork trim from the neck, shoulder and belly.

Another option is to use beef kidney fat or fatty 30/70 (70% fat/30%meat) beef trim (this should be from a grade A or better beef)

While pork fat has a more neutral taste and thus is preferred by most, beef adds a bit beefy flavour to the sausage which some like. Personally I feel beef often compliments wild game meat flavour.

Tip: work fat into the sausage mixture as cold as possible, almost frozen.

I see that you’re in Langley. You can get the fat direct from the source, speak cheaper, rather than trough the butcher store.

Pork fat: Britco Pork is on 22940 Fraser Highway, P (604) 533-3911

Beef fat: Grand Maison Beef Farms is on 5175 184 St Surrey, P (604) 576-8318 or if you don’t mind a trip to Maple Ridge give me a holler (PM) and I make sure to get you good quality stuff from our beef plant.:wink:

mapguy
05-30-2007, 07:20 AM
doesn't beef fat store better

Mr. Dean
05-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Stuffer spice packs in Honey Garlic and Hot Italian is what I have to start the show off with.

When I grind venison that's intended for burger on the barbi, I blend it w/ a bit of beef fat. Now them are some YUMMY eats!

Beef fat does store better, but if the product is friendly w/ the palet, time isn't a consideration. I also have a rule: If there is meat or fish in the freezer the next season; I get the luxury of taking it (that season) off. Obviously I don't need any more - That hasn't happend yet.

I only intend on making good sausage and am willing to use whatever it takes to do so. Going with what my family knows (venison burgs), I'll start with beef trim.

Huntwriter, you can expect a PM in the near future.

huntwriter
05-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Good choice. For all my cooking and grilling of meats I use either of two, olive oil or beef lard that I make myself. The taste is simply better. That's just my opinion.

Stuffers is a great place to start for all your sausage making needs. Next time you go to Stuffers ask for Bill Leathem and mention "Othmar" to him. He will like it and you may benefit from it.:wink:

Mr. Dean
05-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Stuffers is a great place to start for all your sausage making needs. Next time you go to Stuffers ask for Bill Leathem and mention "Othmar" to him. He will like it and you may benefit from

The perks that I recieved the other day will be hard to top... But I will give it a try.

srupp
06-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Mr. Dean

dont forget to mix well, use ICE cold water for mixing...for sausage that will be fresh untill cooked later..ie dinner and breakfast sausage..

I use 3 pounds of water(ice COLD ) per 12 pounds of meat,pepper,and LG 63 binder and garlic ..fresshly done cloves OR pre-done garlic in jars..

Bear meat is only different in the precaution of Trich...other than that its sausage making..

Use pork shoulders...I only add 5% by weight....so as to keep the fat content lean...HOWEVER when cooking them make sure you cook em well done...

Steven

3kills
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
or even use ice instead of water...

Bow Walker
06-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Very good advice there srupp. Obviously you speak from experience.

Mr. Dean
06-02-2007, 08:53 AM
I planned for this day coming. I purchased a DVD that's dedicated to sausage making - It didn't mention using ice cold water.

Thanks for the tips!

huntwriter
06-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Some sausage formulas require ice or cold water and some not. It’s best to stick with the formula recipes. Water and, or ice is mostly used when sausage formulas are made in large amounts, like in a sausage factory, where machinery is used to grind, chop, mix and stuff at high speeds. These machines tend to warm the meat up and to keep it cool water and, or ice is used.

Home sausage production, provided you work the meat very cold, rarely if ever requires water unless the meat is very lean and you keep the fat content very low which tends to make for a very dry emulsion. I just spoke with my brother, the award winning sausage maker, about sausage making in general and game sausages in particular and he tells me to keep the fat content at about 35% of the lean meat weight. Pork fat or fatty trim (neck, side or shoulder) is good but beef fat compliments game meat much better.

My brother also reminded me of a little taste enhancer tip that I almost forgot about - It's been a long time since I spent time in the sausage developing kitchen with my father and brother. Add a little red wine to the sausage emulsion. Red wine enhances the wild game sausage flavor to a well-rounded taste bouquet.

Srupp – Instead of LG 63 binder you also can use breadcrumbs as binder, that way you will have a 100% natural (organic) sausage without any chemicals in it.:wink:

Bow Walker
06-03-2007, 09:09 AM
If you are using any sort of dry ingredient as a binding agent then what is also required is some sort of liquid to moisten the binding agent and bind the sausage meat together.

Ice cold water is the best - no taste to cover the flavors of the meat and/or finished sausage. Having said that, adding a bit of wine for flavor is not a bad idea at all.

Mr. Dean
06-03-2007, 03:38 PM
I've got GALLONS of red wine... I'll do a small batch of it.

Works good when roasting venison, so why not.

3kills
06-04-2007, 08:05 AM
if u are usin red whine u only need a lil bit of wine i know when we used it iwas surprised how lil wine we used....like a 20 pound batch of sausage we used like a 1/4 of a petree dish of wine i m not sure what it was as it was all wieghed out but my whole point is little wine....

Mr. Dean
06-08-2007, 10:22 AM
The day is upon us!!!

I have 1/2 of my bear all cleaned and trimmed.
My hog casings are soaking.
Huntwriter is securing me some trim as we speak ( :neutral: )... Lets not even go there :wink:.
Steeleco insists on helping me pack my sausage :confused: - Hey, it's he that's offering - Direct your comments too him. :mrgreen:

Tonight we grind 50 lbs.

If all goes well AND I'm not to embarassed to show my mug again... I should have a report on table fair late this weekend. LOOK'N FORWARD TO IT!

Once again - Thanks for all the help fella's

Elkhound
06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Cool Mr.Dean. Let us know how it turns out. And David weasels his way in to get free meat. Nice job.

Steeleco
06-09-2007, 01:44 PM
I'll let Mr. D tell the tale, but for me it was a HUGE lesson on what to do and some of what not!!! Had a blast,
And David weasels his way in to get free meat and he still has most of his original stash!!! :tongue::tongue:

Elkhound
06-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Thats great guys.........Ilove getting together with friends and doing that for an evening. So how does it taste? Never mind....I am on my way to weasel some for myself:wink:

Mr. Dean
06-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Well, we managed to bump our way through it. There is a definate learning curve to manufacturing this product (sounds better than "sausage stuffing"). We did make a few errors along the way but none were of the magnitude that couldn't be corrected.

And David weasels his way in to get free meat. Nice job.

I had on loan an electric (Chinese manufacturer.) meat grinder. Turns out it decided that it wanted the rest of its shift off (stress relief?). REFUSED to get up for the final batch of the evening. :confused:

The meat was cubed and spiced... I ended up giving it to David for him to grind up at home and make patty's out of it, rather than let it sit and turn to goo overnight.

And if that 6 or 7 lbs. wasn't enough... He shows his mug here again this AM look'n for MORE!!!

I gotta kick out of watching him work. DROOL EVERYWHERE. :wink:

I am on my way to weasel some for myself

I've been hearing rumours. Look me up if you make it down. This coming Friday, we plan on doing the other half of Yogi and barbi'n up some butterfly backstraps. 8)

So far 6 people have tried the remnants of this experiment. So far, 6 people like it - I don't see a problem of making it disappear and now kinda regret not goin for two Bears. IMO, this stuff is GREAT.

But I've been told from more than a couple that... I'm one SICK ba$tard. :tongue:
I know wonder what people say about Steeleco (?).

BCBear
06-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Dean...you got that fridge and freezer ready just in time!:biggrin:

Mr. Dean
06-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Dean...you got that fridge and freezer ready just in time!:biggrin:

We should get together and swap recipe's

BCBear
06-09-2007, 10:23 PM
We should get together and swap recipe's

I'm a newbie when it comes to recipes but I'm in... sounds like fun.

Steeleco
06-09-2007, 11:31 PM
DROOL EVERYWHERE. :wink: So, I didn't drool in the mix :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Mr. Dean
06-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Oops. I forgot to add that this sausage business is best done w/ a helper. I was goin to have at solo. Man am I ever GLAD that Steeleco insisted on being a part of it. Without his help, I would've been screwed (with a capital S)!

We made Italian, Honey Garlic and Charizo's. Round two will include Hot Pepperoni, Fresh Garlic and my neighbours 'secret' recipe. He's another guy that starts to drool when he hears the word "Bear" - He'll fit in just fine.

srupp
06-11-2007, 02:25 PM
can I be so "bold" as to make one small "correction " water is ESSENTIAL in making HOME MADE sausage..it is not JUST a suggestion. When you make home made sausage you get to choose what ingredients go in and in what amount..so when you make LEAN sausage ie pork hams or pork shoulders and LEAN game meat the combined fat content is MUCH lower than a comercial store bought sausage. Store bought can go anywhere from 40 %-50% FAT....

My home made sausage is 5% fat....:mrgreen:..so it is ESSENTIAL that you add water..its NOT for heating up by fast moving machinery...however even at room temp the water will start the cooking process even at that low of temp and risk complications and potential spoilage...and sickness..

For breakfast and dinner sausage its 3 pounds H20 per 12 pounds of meat..and then the spices...

This also makes the mixing easier and the running throught the press a bit easier, however it makes the final product very very superior.

One final note do not use a fork on sausage when barbqing or fying you WANT the water content to STAY inside the casing it helps with the cooking process...AND do not overcook sausage made in this fashion...because of the 40 % fat content of comercial sausage they have NO option but to shrivel up and shrink as the fat comes out in the rendering process of cooking..and we get USED to seeing shrivelled sausages that have lost size and volume in the cooking process...NOT SO with home made and water used they wont get shrivelled from proper cooking however over cooking will make them hard and tough like an old boot.

And yes I AM a sausage maker..got taught by one of the finest there was...

Steven Rupp

Mr. Dean
06-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Steven;

I followed the recipe's (pre-pak) directions to a T. They all called for 2 cups of ice cold water per 10lbs. of product. One mixture was giving us problems of setting up very quickly. I opted to add another 1/2 cup water to it so it would stuff. All the products seem to be very good with a fat content of 10 - 25 percent.

I can hardly wait to get at er again on Friday.

srupp
06-11-2007, 08:18 PM
:mrgreen:good experience huh...having enough help is also important..

I dont use comercial preperations ..I use spices and mix each batch by a recipe learned from Mr. Luder.....next week Im doing up smokies in my new home made smoker...

Steven

Mr. Dean
06-11-2007, 11:40 PM
next week Im doing up smokies in my new home made smoker...

Don't tell this to Steeleco... He'll be over there drooling all over the place instead of here, helping ME!

I'm SOLD on harvesting a bear each year. Next time around, I'll get more serious about smoked products. The pepperoini I'm doing on Friday will be finished in the oven.

Steeleco
06-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Tell me WHAT??????????????? Huh. I too would like to know more about the smoking/ curing process. But my desire out strips my supply of meat, well ususlly!!

Besides Mr. D I'm dehydrated, I've seen more bear meat in the last 5 days than the last 5 years :wink:

Mr. Dean
06-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm dehydrated

You just need to get of them pretty coloured pills that the Dr. says you need and get back to BEER.

Mr. Dean
06-17-2007, 12:27 AM
And thus concludes this course of Meat Packers 101.

We just finished off our last batch's today. Some are better than others but none are horrible. They won't be hanging around for long. Any one thats been willing to try, ends up being pleasantly surprised. I'm especially fond of the pepperoni (cured) and the garlic blends (fresh).

After having some BBQ'd tenderloins yesterday, I wish that I had hung and treated this Bear as I do a Deer. It was without a doubt, some of the BEST game meat that we have ever dined on - I now understand why Steeleco is always drooling when he see's a Bear... Next spring, I'll be smarter.

Once again, thanks BIG-TIME to all the members here that contributed to the success of the hunt AND the meat making endeavours. It wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

BTW. If anybody needs a hand with a Bear... I know Steeleco has some free time over the next few days. :wink:

You just need to dangle a piece of stewing meat in front of him and then he's all yours! :mrgreen: (Thanks David) :mrgreen:.

CHEERS!

cwocarsten
06-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Here's what my hunting goup does with our future sausage meat. We get food grade buckets medium and large sizes from local restaraunts. We then at bear camp de-bone, de-sinew, all our meat and place our ready for sausage meat in these buckets min 25lbs per. When we want fresh sausage we take a bucket out and get our sausage maker to make a batch. The meat keeps well in the buckets wit limited freezer burn. Ther's my 2 cents worth.

Steeleco
06-17-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm almost glad spring bear is over, ALMOST!!! I've seen more bear meat in the last week than ever before. And enjoyed every minute. Next year I'll be helping Captain Deadly cut and wrap instead of stuffing. Because of the big galoot :wink::wink: I too learned so much. Thanks All.

Welcome to the fray Mr.D Watch out Yogi, he's on a mission!!!!!!

The Hermit
06-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Learned a lot from this thread! Thanks

BANG!
08-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Learned a lot from this thread! Thanks

me too - I hope to have my first go at sausage making myself next month.

lots of great info here - thanks to everyone who contributed.

srupp
08-12-2007, 09:35 PM
I recently did up a batch of smokies and POOF they were gone in no time...so next comes peperoni and some more smokies..

Steven

Mr. Dean
08-13-2007, 09:17 AM
I made ~50#s of pepperoni and as of last night, it's ALL gone. Gotta wait for May to come around... Hope it doesn't take all year.

Steeleco
08-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Sept 1 you can have another go for a blackies, I am!! I've still got one tag, and that damn kid of mine ain't cutting it :p:p

Elkhound
08-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Nope.....but are you allowed to shoot yet. Dr told ya no sharp objects and no recoil and loud noises.....that sure makes it hard to hunt.:razz:

Mr. Dean
08-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Elky;

He's bin turned LOSE!

Mr. Dean
08-13-2007, 02:43 PM
The only Bear that I'll be shooting in the fall is the one that decides it wants me for dinner.

I taste VERY bad... Not much of a chance of that happening.

Steeleco
08-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Step aside homy, I'm back, and in fine form, even fired me a 330.06 and the grape is still in one piece!!!!

BTW EH, did you get permission to move to Langley, Mr.D and I still haven't decided if your allowed. OOPS that the other thread!!

Steeleco
08-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Back on topic again!!! You need to compare spring to fall and now that your a sausage PRO, you should be all done in no time!

The only Bear that I'll be shooting in the fall is the one that decides it wants me for dinner.

I taste VERY bad... Not much of a chance of that happening.