PDA

View Full Version : guardian or commander

mikek blacktail
05-19-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm looking at buying a new bow. I was looking at the bowtech liberty and the black ice when I came across the bowtech commander and guardian. I was wondering if anyone on this site owns one ,or knows someone who does and could give me some feed back on them good or bad.
Thanks

Bow Walker
05-19-2007, 05:43 PM
P.M. loki....he's a member here and he owns a new Commander, which he shoots with fingers only.

Eagle1
05-19-2007, 11:24 PM
We have a Guardian in the shop right now. I have only shot a couple of arrows out of it out back, very quiet, no hand shock and a smoth draw cycle.
I almost bought it but instead I got the faster PSE X - Force { speed freak }

mikek blacktail
05-20-2007, 12:25 AM
We have a Guardian in the shop right now. I have only shot a couple of arrows out of it out back, very quiet, no hand shock and a smoth draw cycle.
How much is the guardian and where is the store and whens it open and is it right handed.I,m guessing Island out fitter what's there number.

Bow Walker
05-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Bill is there only on Staturdays (so far)..........here's the website. Anyone should be able to find the price on it for you.
http://www.fishingvictoria.com/

As for tech info - you better conyact Bill....
bowtec@shaw.ca

loki
05-20-2007, 09:55 AM
For the record Bowtech does not like their prices displayed online. Best I can say is that it was worth every penny :).

Well we're going to need to know your style of shooting to better recommend a bow to fit you. Do you use a release, shoot with finger release, will it be for hunting or target (or both)? I chose my bow because of my style of shooting (finger release) and a few other deciding factors (higher brace height, longer draw, etc).

Like BowWalker said I own a Commander, and this bow sells itself. I would recommend the center pivot bows to anyone, very sweet bows.

What would you like to hear about it? It's quiet, fast, and retains a lot of its power at lower poundages. Incredibly stable shot, and the 2nd generation Binary cam design removes a lot of inconsistency because the cams are tied to each other, and not anchored to the bow itself. If you can get over the look without running away screaming I'd say the bow is very worth the investment, two thumbs up from me.

Clicky here (http://www.bowsite.com) for a review on a bunch of the 2007 flagship bows (you're looking for the 2007 blind bow test), you'll notice the Guardian/Commander leads the pack.

Agreed, the X-force owns the pack when it comes to burning up the chrono for FPS. Are you a experienced shooter or new? My only thought is that the X-force brace height is rather low for a newer shooter, way less forgiving. But so fast.

mikek blacktail
05-20-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm a bowhunter who shoot a release I've been hunting for 22 years I just wanted to know what people think of these two bows. I like the size of the guardian ,but I hear the commander is the more accurate of the two.So all I really needed to know was that you think the bow is worth the price. So thanks for the info loki it is much appreciated.

loki
05-20-2007, 11:50 AM
but I hear the commander is the more accurate of the two
Yes it is, although you give up some hitting power in Kinetic energy. However I'd rather be more accurate than have 4 pounds more Kinetic Ft LBS.

So all I really needed to know was that you think the bow is worth the price.
Well in that case, yes, I think it's worth the price :) .

So thanks for the info loki it is much appreciated.
You're welcome.

pupper
05-23-2007, 05:02 PM
My friend chris just bought the gaurdian and it is sweet.

it is a little bit quieter than my tribute and has a little less vibration on the hand although I thought my bow had nothing for vibration, shock, noise.

he is shooting through the chrono 288fps w/ 29" draw 70" (heavy arrow)

My tribute is shooting 291 fps w/27.5" draw and 70#-361 grain arrow

If I was to buy a new bow I would buy the gaurdian but I still love my bow

Mini Moose
05-23-2007, 06:42 PM
I just shot the Guardian yesterday. What a sweet bow. I have a mathews switchback and couldn't believe the guardian is so quiet. I was impressed with it. Smooth to pull back and hardly any hand shock. I would consider it without a doubt.

mikek blacktail
05-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I bought the guardian on victoria day ,got a good deal in victoria at Island outfitter.Now I have to wait for my draw length to come in.

Bow Walker
05-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Post up some photos when you get her setup.

mikek blacktail
05-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Post up some photos when you get her setup.
Will do can,t wait till I can start shooting it, and maybe take a bear with it before the seasons over.

Bow Walker
05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
You're going to love it. You lucky dog.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-27-2007, 11:21 AM
I played around with a Gaurdian a few weeks ago .... Nice for sure to shoot ... but the center pivot/slide squeeked ....

I am personally not a Bowtech fan ... I love my Hoyts ... Super tec for hunting, Trykon for Target, ....just sold a Pro Tec .....

I might consider a Gaurdian .... But the first thing I would is change the grip to suit me better

Bow Walker
05-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I had the pleasure of seeing, not hearing, and handling a brand new Hoyt Vectrix over the weekend (Campbell River 2-day 3D shoot).

What a nice setup that was. Very quiet. All you could hear - from 15 yards away - was the arrow smacking into the target.....really. It was that quiet at the shot.

The new Vectrix line comes with a built in STS system that is amazing. Actually, there are a few lines of bows that have the STS system factory installed this year. I'm seriously considering getting one for my Diamond.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Hoyt_Vectrix.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5118&size=big&cat=500)

jessbennett
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
hey hey Mikey!!! good to see ya on here......8-)

greybark
05-29-2007, 12:12 PM
:-?Hey Bow Walker , What is the STS system ?

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

Bow Walker
05-29-2007, 02:43 PM
:-?Hey Bow Walker , What is the STS system ?

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

That rod right behind the stabilizer is the STS. What it does is stop the string oscillation - rapidly - hence the arrow leaves the string sooner (better accuracy) and there is a whole lot less noise from the 'twanging' string.

It's mounted so that the string just barely touches the rubber stopper. Then at the shot, the string is stopped.

I couldn't believe the quietness of the bow - and it's not just due to the hybrid cams or the string silencers.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Hoyt_Vectrix.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5118&size=big&cat=500)

Bow Walker
05-31-2007, 05:38 PM
YO ! Mikek Blactail !............where's the darned pics you promiseed!?!:confused:

We've been waiting and waiting - some patiently.....some, not so. Now cough up!:-?

mikek blacktail
05-31-2007, 07:01 PM
haven't set it up yet I was waiting for a module to come in my draw length,but I'll be down at the Duncan shoot on saturday at the island outfitters booth getting the modules put on at 8am .Stop by and say hi if your there and you can see my bow first hand ,if not I'll get pics up as soon as I can since I don't have a digital camera yet.Oh yah I'm working that day also ,so I won't be sticking around for the shoot.

jethrobuddy
06-01-2007, 06:53 AM
I PM'd Loki and I thought I would put out here too. Is there a place in PG to look at these bows (commander/guardian)?

loki
06-01-2007, 05:03 PM
You got a PM back from me, but I'll post the answer here for the other curious PG people.

I did not buy the bow in PG, I went to Omineca Source For Sports in Vanderhoof. I find that it is worth the drive as they are usually way better priced than archery stores and proshops around here (and their knowledge and customer service is 10 times better than around here) or you can get them to ship a bow to your friend here as I don't believe (to my knowledge) PG has a Bowtech dealer.

They can be found on the web at http://www.ominecasourceforsports.com (http://www.ominecasourceforsports.com/)

jethrobuddy
06-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks. Just the info I needed.