PDA

View Full Version : Lost my buddy

model88
05-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Well, its been 10 years since I picked her up as a 6 month old pup that nobody wanted, my chocolate lab Koko.

She was with me through thick and thin, I always tell the wife it was the dogs fault we met:)

Isn't it amazing how you can have the worst day at work, just be in a s#&tty mood or what ever and the dog is always happy too see you.

She had cancer, so I made the decision to put her down last Wednesday. After reading about Bushmans loss, this seems kinda silly to post.

Rest in peace Koko.

BCLongshot
05-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Ya but I'm sure he would understand.

Too bad, dogs are awesome.

Allen50
05-19-2007, 11:49 AM
we all have diffrents kinds of loses in are lifes, and none of them are good, we have to deal with what is sent are way, last november one of my hunting partners passed away with cancer, he was 64, one month away from retirement, Bushmans loss was a very sad moment as no one knew something like this would happen to them, and we all have to deal with it in are owne way, no matter what kind of loss it may be, it will rip a spot out of are heart, its something we will never forget, it is a sad moment in are lives, and some how we have to struggle to go on, its just a sad day in are lives that will never be forgoton, by friends and family, as a hunter my Heart goes out to everone that feels the loss,,

ps, give a hug each day to loved ones and tell them how much you love them.

pitdog
05-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Sorry for your loss model 88

rock
05-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Unfortunately dogs become a big part in our families, just the way it is memories are everything and if you have that its all you need.
Sorry to hear about your loss model88

Sasquatch
05-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Sounds like you are a good dog owner and your pet had a wonderful life.

mrdoog
05-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Sorry to hear about your pooch. Must have be a difficult decision to make. You're so right, they always cheer you up when you step through the door after a crappy day in your world.

model88
05-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys, appreciate them.

Gunner
05-20-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm nearing that time,with my 9 1/2 year old Chocolate lab,(my namesake,Gunner).When the time comes I don't know what I'll do,he is so much of my life.Don't greive Model 88,you'll meet again at the Rainbow Bridge---Gunner

Spokerider
05-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Yup, we form strong bonds to our dogs for sure, and losing them can be really tough. Sounds like you were there for your buddy each and every day, and that he had a good home. That's what counts. 10 years dosen't seem nearly long enough............

After having my first airedale die, I discovered the best medicine was to get another one. A new dog doesn't replace the lost one, as we all know that they have their individual character and personalities, but it does help ease the loss and put a little mayhem back into your life, especially if your new dog is a puppy!

05-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, but as Spokerider mentioned, a new dog lightens the loss. l lost an old friend of 14 years a while back and waited a year before getting a new one.....l am sorry l waited that long for my "new" chessie. My old buddy will always hold a very cherished spot in my heart and memories, but the new addition has certainly put a spark back into that area of my life........

Bow Walker
05-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Dogs are people to.........:cry:

I can't imagine the impact that losing our "Shadow" would have on the both of us.

LOC
05-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Sorry to hear - losing Odin or Jade would be rough. Remember the good times.. :(

bsa30-06
05-23-2007, 07:31 PM
sorry to hear about your loss.