PDA

View Full Version : bow cable breaking

rodneyzee
05-16-2007, 08:14 PM
last night when i was shooting my bow the cable broke right at the spot were the loop is that attaches to the cam. causing the string to hit my wrist and sending my bow onto the lawn in pieces. my arrrow hitting the shed beside the target. my bow is a pse triton and only 2 and a half years old and ive probaly only shot it a 1000 times at the most. This also isnt the first time this has happened.. it happened about three months after i got it and its left handed so the part only took about three months then they just gave me a new bow. I was just woundering if anyone has had this happen to them.

Dirty
05-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Do you wax your string at all? Do you inspect your string before shooting? It is uncommon for the string to spontaneously break. There had to be wear on the string or it was dried out and snapped.

Bow Walker
05-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Waxing your string and cable set is very important. It should be done every other time time you shoot. Some guys do it every time, but that can lead to build-up.

But - waxing is never done where the string or the cable is attached to the cam or idler wheel. Other than when the string/cable was originally made.

:?: Rodneyzee....if I read your thread right -and correct me if I'm wrong - you say that the cable let go in the same place, on two different bows? It happened on the first bow and then "they" replaced the bow? Then it happened again on the replacement bow?

If this is true then it isn't the bow - it's something that you are doing, somehow.

At first I thought thee might have been some sort of burr on the cam or idler wheel, but if it happened on a replacement bow then it's not the bow.

Can you explain further or post a couple photos of where and how this happened? It would help a lot.

rodneyzee
05-17-2007, 06:59 PM
thanks for the input. yea the first bow that i had the post on the cam were tear drop shaped so as it moved the top of the post would cut into the string. This was pse's new cam. so thats why i was just sent a new one. This cam has round post on it and i dont see any wear spots on the post were it wouldve cut it.

Bow Walker
05-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Sometimes there is a really small spur or sharp edge that you can't see, but you might be able to feel it. That (if it's there) could be wearing on the cable.

See if you can feel anything there. Take the strings and cables off the cam or wheel and see if there is anything there. You might have to use a kleenex or handkerchief to see if it catches on anything.

If there is a hangup then it's the emery paper or 200 grit sand paper time.

Good luck with it.

Bigbear
05-18-2007, 04:34 PM
PSE (Pull SHoot Explode):lol:

Bowzone_Mikey
05-27-2007, 11:26 AM
I am not familiar with the Triton line .... But how do you set up the cable gaurd? is it an offset guard? is it offset too far away from the riser and causing a hard angle on the cable to cut into the cam?