PDA

View Full Version : Let this one go

Elkhound
05-14-2007, 10:48 PM
http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/dwelkhound/?action=view&current=bearfootage.flv

Gonna go back with Symon and see if we can catch him out in the open again. We watched him for about 30min tonight

BearSniper
05-15-2007, 12:37 AM
I think he's a nice Bear

He may not be a monster hog, but he'd look good on any wall. You certainly had several good opportunities on yer film to take him.

Hope you're able to get him:redface:

boxhitch
05-15-2007, 06:57 AM
I kept watching a spot behind his shoulder, waitng for a red dot to appear, marking the point of aim.
Thanks for sharing.

ohno
05-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Nice video of a nice bear.
Did you use a tripod? The video appeared quite stable even zoomed in.

O.

Steeleco
05-15-2007, 08:12 AM
I'll be right over, I think he's look nice in my freezer!!! Good luck on your mission.

MichelD
05-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Too cool.

My heart was hammering watching that, trying to imagine how to do a sneak on that flat ground, but then realizing I'd be too low too shoot, even sitting up.

From about 1:32 to 1:44 in that vid looked like a perfect presentation.

I'm waiting for the news from tonight.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-15-2007, 09:21 AM
I was hoping to see Elkhound sneaking in there with his bow. Getting fussy with the stick and string already??!!:)

Need a new battery for my camcorder. Not one in this bloody town:mad: ! I was hoping to get it before our grizz hunt....I guess stills will have to do..............

Keep the footage coming EH!!!

SSS

Iron-Head
05-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Yeah he was a decent bear, Very pretty looking with an immaculate coat on him. It was neat having my mom along with us last night, She was able to get a sence of what its like being in an animals presence without them knowing.
Dave passed on him last night, so if hes there tonight im going to try and get a shot off.

Elkhound
05-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Well I had Symon and his mom with me last night. I was the only one packing cause Symon lost his wallet on the bus with his hunting license in it. He gets it back today. He was ummmmmmmm "disapointed" that he could not hunt last night.:lol: So I had the .338wm cause I promised the wife I would not stalk bears with the bow unless I had someone to back me up with a rifle. Bears really scare her. So, Symon will have the rifle and I will pack the bow. Will see what opportunities come up tonight.

SSS-order a battery online and get it shipped if you have to. That big bruin would have been incredible to film your hunt with.

Michel- I was going to make a couple short jokes but I will leave it alone:lol:

Steelco-this was your son's bear I promised you.....which ferry will you be on?

ohno-yes a tripod. find it easier to film with and if someone shoots the sound doesn't make the camera man jump all over the place. The camera does have a real nice image stabilizer system though. I am impressed with the new toy. Brings a whole new element to the hunt. Loads of fun.

I did not shoot him cause I thought he was small. He was a nice average bear. If I had the bow I would have stalked him for sure. Besides.....it was just too much fun watching Symon in agony over not being able to pull the trigger and me just letting it walk.:lol:

Iron-Head
05-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Besides.....it was just too much fun watching Symon in agony over not being able to pull the trigger and me just letting it walk.:lol:
I knew you where getting a kick out of that.

Elkhound
05-15-2007, 09:50 AM
I knew you where getting a kick out of that.
...........................:biggrin:

bsa30-06
05-15-2007, 05:09 PM
I did not shoot him cause I thought he was small. He was a nice average bear. If I had the bow I would have stalked him for sure. Besides.....it was just too much fun watching Symon in agony over not being able to pull the trigger and me just letting it walk.:lol:

Dave you should play nice with symon,remember your taking him hunting now, but your going to be old one day( i'm sure he probably thinks you are already) and he'll be taking you hunting.Remember revenge is a bitch.:lol:

Symon remember what i just said you'll get'em back.!!!!!!!!!

Elkhound
05-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Dave you should play nice with symon,remember your taking him hunting now, but your going to be old one day( i'm sure he probably thinks you are already) and he'll be taking you hunting.Remember revenge is a bitch.:lol:

Symon remember what i just said you'll get'em back.!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha you know it Lloyd. I keep telling him thats why I am taking him out now so that in a few years he can drag stuff out for me when I am older and wiser:lol: He just laughs......keeps telling me to remember all my jabs when he is supposed to be my back up with a rifle while I arrow a bear......he said he "might" save me if it's chewing on me:eek:

BCLongshot
05-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Nice video...

I think it's really nice of you symon to hunt with that guy. Young men who volunteer their time to help those older gentlemen that have become weak and absent minded (we won't mention impotent) should be commended and we look up to you.

lolololol

Stone Sheep Steve
05-15-2007, 05:23 PM
EH-I had the video camera with me(the battery is good for about 10 mins) but I dumped it out of my pack to go as light as possible when I went after BB. Didn't want to complicate things as I was by myself. Sure wish I would have taken it with me:-( but maybe I would have screwed things up trying to film and shoot.

SSS

BCLongshot
05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
OK I take it back !

I forgot you have special powers and can change things...................

Elkhound
05-15-2007, 05:32 PM
OK I take it back !

I forgot you have special powers and can change things...................

Smart thinking......:lol:

Where have you been hiding anyway?