PDA

View Full Version : Climate Impacts to America’s Hunting, Fishing, and Wildlife Heritage

BCWF
12-08-2015, 03:54 PM
As world leaders met in Paris to discuss how to deal with climate change, a new report from a wildlife group says rising temperatures mean trouble for fish and wildlife.

The National Wildlife Federation released a report focusing on how a changing climate impacts hunting and fishing opportunities across the country. It urges more investment in conservation, cutting back the use of fossil fuels, implementation of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Clean Power Plan and action on methane pollution — all for the sake of conservation.

http://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazines/Media-Center/Reports/Archive/2015/11-16-2015-Game-Changers.aspx

tuner
12-08-2015, 04:19 PM
​no, please no, not the FED!!!

Wentrot
12-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Awesome lol

Ricky Bobby
12-08-2015, 05:10 PM

Actually basically anybody who understands the scientific method doesn't debate Climate change anymore. If 99% of doctors said you had cancer and 1% said you didn't who would you believe? Well apparently you would believe the 1%.

mpotzold
12-08-2015, 05:38 PM
As world leaders met in Paris to discuss how to deal with climate change, a new report from a wildlife group says rising temperatures mean trouble for fish and wildlife.

The National Wildlife Federation released a report focusing on how a changing climate impacts hunting and fishing opportunities across the country. It urges more investment in conservation, cutting back the use of fossil fuels, implementation of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Clean Power Plan and action on methane pollution — all for the sake of conservation.

http://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazines/Media-Center/Reports/Archive/2015/11-16-2015-Game-Changers.aspx

What a CROCK! :rolleyes:

tuner
12-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Actually basically anybody who understands the scientific method doesn't debate Climate change anymore. If 99% of doctors said you had cancer and 1% said you didn't who would you believe? Well apparently you would believe the 1%.
Sorry, but someone named Ricky Bobby should'nt be dispensing advice on oncology or the scientific method, he should go back to turning left and making out with Jean Girard.

Vladimir Poutine
12-08-2015, 05:56 PM
What a CROCK! :rolleyes:

You know this how?

Vladimir Poutine
12-08-2015, 06:01 PM

Yeah like what do these guys know anyway? I mean really, WTF would these people know?

48. Kelsall, J.P., and E.S. Telfer. 1974. Biogeography of moose with particular
reference to western North America. Naturaliste Canada 101: 117-130.
49. Wildlife Management Institute technical report. Op. Cit.
50. Wildlife Management Institute technical report. Op. Cit
51. Samuel, W.M. 2007. Factors affecting epizootics of winter ticks and mortality of
moose. Alces 43: 39-48.
52. Cusick, Daniel. 2012. Rapid Climate Changes Turn North Woods into Moose
Graveyard. Scientific American. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/
rapid-climate-changes-turn-north-woods-into-moose-graveyard/
53. NWF. Global Warming and Moose. http://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats-to-
Wildlife/Global-Warming/Effects-on-Wildlife-and-Habitat/Moose.aspx
54. Tracy, P. 2015. Most Moose Calves in Study Died this Winter. WMUR 9. http://
www.wmur.com/escape-outside/most-moose-calves-in-study-died-thiswinter/
55. Wilson, Iain. 2015. With Few Permits issued, closing moose hunt wouldn’t result
in rebound of N.H. Moose population. http://www.concordmonitor.com/
community/town-by-town/concord/16351240-95/with-few-permits-issuedclosing-
moose-hunt-wouldnt-result-in-rebound-of-nh-moose
56. Gagnon, Dawn. 2014. Maine to Reduce Moose Hunt Permits 25 percent because
winter ticks have toll on herd. http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/09/news/
maine-to-reduce-moose-hunt-permits-by-25-percent-because-winter-tickstake-
toll-on-herd/
57. Wilson, Iain. 2015.
58. Byron, E. 2013. Information Sought on Montana’s Declining Moose Population.
The Missoulian. http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/informationsought-
on-montana-s-declining-moose-population/article_d145936e-4256-
11e3-a1c7-0019bb2963f4.html
59. Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. 2015. Minnesota’s Moose
Population Remains at Low Levels. http://news.dnr.state.mn.us/2015/02/17/
minnesotas-moose-population-remains-at-low-levels/
60. Yoakum, J.D. Pronghorn. 1978. In Schmidt, J.L., and D.L. Gilbert. 1979. Big Game
of North America: Ecology and Management. The Wildlife Management Institute,
Washington D.C., and Stackpole Books, Mechanicsburg, PA.
61. Tilley, D.J.,D. Ogle, L. St. John, B. Benson. Date Unknown. Plant Guide. U.S.
Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources Conservation Service.
plants.usda.gov/plantguide/pdf/pg_artrt.pdf
62. North American Sportsman. Pronghorn Antelope.
www.nasportsman.com/journal/antelope_about.shtml
63. U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, DOI. 2003. Sonoran pronghorn - Antilocapra
americana sonoriensis. Fact Sheet. Southwest Region P.O. Box 1306
Albuquerque, NM 87103
64. Archer, S., D.S. Schimel, and E.A. Holland. 1995. Mechanisms of shrubland
expansion: Land use, climate, or CO2? Climatic Change 29: 91-99.
65. McKenzie, D., Z. Gedalof, D.L. Peterson, and P. Mote. 2004. Climate change,
wildfire, and conservation. Conservation Biology 18: 1-13.
66. Nielson, R.P., J.M. Linihan, D. Bachelet, and R.J. Drapek. 2005. Climate change
implications for sagebrush ecosystems. Transactions of the 70th North American
Wildlife and Natural Resources Conference 70: 145-159.
67. Wyoming Game and Fish Department. 2012 Statewide Hunting Season Forecast
– Pronghorn. gf.state.wy.us/web2011/Departments/Hunting/pdfs/WGFD_
STATEHUNTFORECAST_20120002962.pdf
68. Berger, J. 2004. The last mile: How to sustain long-distance migration in
mammals. Conservation Biology 18(2): 320-331.
69. Higley, J. 2002. Hunting Deer in California, 2nd Edition. Wildlife Programs Branch,
Department of Fish and Game, State of California.
www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/deer/docs/deerguide.pdf
70. Warren, R., J. VanDerWal, J. Price, J.A. Welbergen, I. Atkinson, J. Ramirez-Villegas,
T.J. Osborn, A. Jarvis, L.P. Shoo, S.E. Williams, and J. Lowe. 2013. Quantifying the
benefit of early climate mitigation in avoiding biodiversity loss. Nature Climate
Change 3: 678-682.
71. Tetra Tech, Inc. 2013. Climate Change Adaptation Framework. Submitted to
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources. 144 pp.
72. Michigan Department of Natural Resources. Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease
(EHD) in White-Tailed Deer. www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10370_12150-
26647--,00.html
73. Diefenbach, D. 2015. Will Climate Change Change Deer? Penn State College
of Agricultural Sciences. http://ecosystems.

Mulehahn
12-08-2015, 06:28 PM
In all honesty, there should be no doubt that climate change exists and that it will have a large impact on both fishing and hunting. There is however huge doubts that it is man-made. That is where articles like this fall flat.

scoutlt1
12-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Well I guess I can buy a few extra cases of beer now since I won't be renewing my BCWF family membership this year....if ever again....

tuner
12-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Sorry Vlad I'm not a lake, I can't be trolled.

ruger#1
12-08-2015, 06:37 PM

At least not like a Pro NDPer.

jassmine
12-08-2015, 06:37 PM

Not sure I'd consider posting all the scientific evidence backing up the NWF's findings as trolling.

souwester
12-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Im sure there is some good science somewhere in there but......
WHO GIVES A SHIT why doesn't the BCWF post something about a predator management plan for the province or make a statement questioning first nation harvest rates in certain areas, or on and on ..... there are things that can be accomplished to help wildlife but no one here is gonna change global warming.......

tuner
12-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Not sure I'd consider posting all the scientific evidence backing up the NWF's findings as trolling.
Of course not, posting links to anything that supports your beliefs Is absolute scientific proof. I've lived through my fair share of impending environmental apocalypses, excuse me if a little hesitant to kneel and worship at the latest incarnation of this absurd cult.

Vladimir Poutine
12-08-2015, 06:57 PM

No worries. With a closed mind like that nothing will get in.

Vladimir Poutine
12-08-2015, 07:00 PM
At least not like a Pro NDPer.

Actually more pro learning. Knowledge should cut across all stripes. Sadly not on HBC. Minds more like puckered ringpiece. Totally shut.

houndogger
12-08-2015, 07:05 PM
WHO GIVES A SHIT why doesn't the BCWF post something about a predator management plan for the province or make a statement questioning first nation harvest rates in certain areas, or on and on ..... there are things that can be accomplished to help wildlife but no one here is gonna change global warming.......
Much easier not to answer questions like that and hope they fix themselves...

tuner
12-08-2015, 07:07 PM
No worries. With a closed mind like that nothing will get in.
You have amazing powers of observation, must of been acquired through the nurturing environment of a public sector union.

jassmine
12-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Of course not, posting links to anything that supports your beliefs Is absolute scientific proof. I've lived through my fair share of impending environmental apocalypses, excuse me if a little hesitant to kneel and worship at the latest incarnation of this absurd cult.

Which ones?
Were they all based in as much scientific evidence?

mpotzold
12-08-2015, 07:31 PM
Celebrate Carbon Dioxide-Dr.Patrick Moore -as opposed to demonizing it!
Today-At 400 parts per million, all our food crops, forests, and natural ecosystems are still on a starvation diet for carbon dioxide. The optimum level of carbon dioxide for plant growth, given enough water and nutrients, is about 1,500 parts per million, nearly four times higher than today. Greenhouse growers inject carbon-dioxide to increase yields. Farms and forests will produce more if carbon-dioxide keeps rising.

Freeman Dyson
"... the non-climatic effects of carbon dioxide as a sustainer of wildlife and crop plants are enormously beneficial,

Article-Plants will grow better as CO2 concentration continues to rise.Thousands of empirical studies, as opposed to mere models, have found that, on average, for every doubling of CO2 concentration in the atmosphere, there is about a 35 percent increase in the efficiency of plant growth. ....The consequence is more food for plant-eaters and eaters of plant eaters

MORE CO2=MORE PLANT GROWTH=MORE ANIMALS-simple isn't it!

CO2 LAGS TEMP.
Article- CO2 changes lagged temperature changes as temperature increased or decreased. Temperature changed and then, several hundred years later, CO2 levels changed. Since a cause does not follow an effect, this indicates that CO2 is not a primary driver of climate change.

Again-

Global Warming is a HOAX! PERIOD!

http://osnetdaily.com/2015/02/climate-guru-brace-massive-cover-data-rigging-scandal/ (http://osnetdaily.com/2015/02/climate-guru-brace-massive-cover-data-rigging-scandal/)

jassmine
12-08-2015, 07:51 PM
MORE CO2=MORE PLANT GROWTH=MORE ANIMALS-simple isn't it!

Climate change threats to plant diversity in Europe (http://www.pnas.org/content/102/23/8245.short)Thuiller, W., Lavorel, S., Araújo, M. B., Sykes, M. T., & Prentice, I. C. (2005). Climate change threats to plant diversity in Europe. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the united States of America, 102(23), 8245-8250.

Nonlinear temperature effects indicate severe damages to US crop yields under climate change (http://www.pnas.org/content/106/37/15594.short)Schlenker, W., & Roberts, M. J. (2009). Nonlinear temperature effects indicate severe damages to US crop yields under climate change.Proceedings of the National Academy of sciences, 106(37), 15594-15598.

Climate change effects on plant disease: genomes to ecosystems (http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.phyto.44.070505.143420)Garrett, K. A., Dendy, S. P., Frank, E. E., Rouse, M. N., & Travers, S. E. (2006). Climate change effects on plant disease: genomes to ecosystems.Annu. Rev. Phytopathol., 44, 489-509.

Extinction risk from climate change (http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v427/n6970/abs/nature02121.html)Thomas, C. D., Cameron, A., Green, R. E., Bakkenes, M., Beaumont, L. J., Collingham, Y. C., ... & Hughes, L. (2004). Extinction risk from climate change. Nature, 427(6970), 145-148.

hawk-i
12-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Yeah, like there was no climate change before human industrialization ...what a joke!

souwester
12-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Again WHO GIVES A SHIT
I don't care if I get banned...whoever BCWF is, start posting some stuff that's worthy of a paycheck from your members.

tuner
12-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Which ones?
Were they all based in as much scientific evidence?
Well let's see, I've survived an ice age, the population bomb, deforestation of the rainforest, the depletion of the ozone layer, mass extinction etc.... At the first earth day in 1970 Harvard Biologist George Wald boldly predicted "civilization will end in 15-30 years unless imidiate action is taken" apparently we were entering a man made ice age. A UC Davis ecology professor (I'm sure you can appreciate the unerring predictions of a fellow ecologist)
kenneth Watts warned " the world has been cooling sharply for 20 years, the world will be 4 degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990,but 11 degrees colder in the year 2000.this is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age". Mass extinction was scary prospect, senator Gaylord Nelson warned the terrified gathering that " Dr. Dillion Ripley, secretary of the smithsonian institute believes that in 25 years time
75/80% of living animals will be extinct" also as result of human activity, needless to say,WRONG!!! The population bomb that was going to lead to mass starvation, as the world hit a population of 7billion by the year 2000 (it wasn't reached until 2011) instead of mass starvation the human race has never in it's existence,been as prosperous, healthier, or lived longer. I survived all these impending calamities because these theory's were all alarmist bullshit disguised in a semblance of scientific or scholarly legitimacy. The prospects of another cardiac arrest poses a greater existential threat to me than any impending environmental doomsday scenario, I've survived enough to know. The so called environmental movement has become a religious like, cult like farce,branding those that don't subscribe to their doomsday prophesys as blasphemous heretics, soulless fools destined to eternal,albeit earthly damnation.Like other doomsday cults, inaccuracies, wildly erroneous predictions,are simply shrugged off as insignificant details unworthy of further discussion.

brian
12-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Well let's see, I've survived an ice age, the population bomb, deforestation of the rainforest, the depletion of the ozone layer, mass extinction etc

Depletion of the ozone layer is still a concern, but banning the use of CFC's by governments through international agreements has helped in reducing further ozone depletion from happening and I remember reading a study that indicated that the ozone layer may be recovering. Basically science informed policy and averted a significant problem from getting worse.

Acid rain, same thing but this time governments put limits on the release of sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere. Policy informed by good science.

Population bomb, well that one is on going. That is 7 billion is drawing on a limited resource base. Some people like to claim catastrophe but this one is still a real concern. It is simple math. We need to adopt economic models that don't rely on a foundation of population growth and support policies that allow for natural population reduction.

Deforestation of the rain forest is an ongoing issue. Many species and habitats are being lost as we speak.

Listen just because some people like to be overly alarmist does not mean underlying issues do not exist. In most of the cases you site, good policy was enacted after the science raised the alarm. But when it comes to oil and carbon pollution, the science is simply being thrown out the window and the policy is getting stupid.

Mpotzold you still don't make any sense. You claim global warming is a hoax and then you say additional carbon in the atmosphere is a good thing. Is global warming a hoax or is it real yet beneficial? On the latter point maybe you're right or maybe you're wrong. After all the planet has seen Antarctica being warm enough to support forests that in turn supported mega fauna. That would be a win win for life on this planet. But then again during this time of warmth the continents were dominated by large inland seas as ocean levels were much higher. This will not bode well for a massive percentage of humanity living on the coasts or on land that has become an ocean. This is one of the real issues of global warming, not that life will cease to benefit but whether humanity can adapt to the changes it is bringing about and at what cost?

mpotzold
12-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Well let's see, I've survived an ice age, the population bomb, deforestation of the rainforest, the depletion of the ozone layer, mass extinction etc.... At the first earth day in 1970 Harvard Biologist George Wald boldly predicted "civilization will end in 15-30 years unless imidiate action is taken" apparently we were entering a man made ice age. A UC Davis ecology professor (I'm sure you can appreciate the unerring predictions of a fellow ecologist)
kenneth Watts warned " the world has been cooling sharply for 20 years, the world will be 4 degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990,but 11 degrees colder in the year 2000.this is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age". Mass extinction was scary prospect, senator Gaylord Nelson warned the terrified gathering that " Dr. Dillion Ripley, secretary of the smithsonian institute believes that in 25 years time
75/80% of living animals will be extinct" also as result of human activity, needless to say,WRONG!!! The population bomb that was going to lead to mass starvation, as the world hit a population of 7billion by the year 2000 (it wasn't reached until 2011) instead of mass starvation the human race has never in it's existence,been as prosperous, healthier, or lived longer. I survived all these impending calamities because these theory's were all alarmist bullshit disguised in a semblance of scientific or scholarly legitimacy. The prospects of another cardiac arrest poses a greater existential threat to me than any impending environmental doomsday scenario, I've survived enough to know. The so called environmental movement has become a religious like, cult like farce,branding those that don't subscribe to their doomsday prophesys as blasphemous heretics, soulless fools destined to eternal,albeit earthly damnation.Like other doomsday cults, inaccuracies, wildly erroneous predictions,are simply shrugged off as insignificant details unworthy of further discussion.

WELL SAID!
The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

tuner
12-08-2015, 11:19 PM
^^^what was the science based policy that saved the world from the grips of a new man made ice age? Agricultural output at this very moment could adequately feed several billion more, distribution is the problem not production, needless to say, we should all be canibilizing ourselves for a meal according to past predictions, it should also be noted that government policy did little to avert our potential descent into desperate canibalism. As far as deforestation and acid rain go, have Sting, and Bruce Cockburn to thank for mankinds continued existence. (Incredibly competent scientists those two, who knew that shitty vocals, worse lyrics, and mediocre musicianship could be such a potent scientific tool) No one in their right mind would begrudge efforts to clean up, and protect the enviroment, quite the opposite, but it has to be done Without pandering to the enviro/cultist who'll have have us living in third world conditions if given half a chance.

tuner
12-09-2015, 12:31 AM
If global warming warming does come to fruition then Blacklab and Auggiehunter are in for a big treat,it will mean no more needless worry about over harvesting whitetails. Global warming will usher in the age of the whitetail(mule deer might not fare so well) Even Bowen island will have to allow a gun season to control the pesky beasts, LML hunters will save millions collectively on fuel cost by not taking trips to Rock Creek or the kootneays. Chilliwack, Mission and Hope will replace the Christian valley as the go to places to drop a big whitey. The regional bag limit for region 2 under the ruling NDP government of Glen Clark (the 3rd)will be 10 does and 5 bucks, season runs from June 1st to March 31st.( this incidently will be the fourth election in a row that the NDP have swept into power on a platform of "ask and you shall receive", Vlad Putin will be minister of a appropriate social conduct, Jassmine heads Up the ministry of make believe ecology, Photoshot as clarks' closest confidant, will head up the ministry of propaganda) Fisherdude and 358mag will head the official opposition who replaced the liberals ( after it was revealed that Christy Clarke was Scott Ellis in drag). The opposition is unabashedly conservative, it's official name is " true blue, midnight blue Torys" ( it's rumoured that they worship Ronald Reagan, and feast on the flesh unicorns, and drink the tears of war orphans. Fisherdude declined to comment on the rumours) This my friends,is as factual a version of the future as any the raincoast foundation or the David Suzuki foundation can claim, it's every bit as scientific as well.

brian
12-09-2015, 10:01 AM
These predictions of an ice age you keep on about were never based on good science nor were they widely accepted by the mainstream scientific community. This was a hypothesis from a single or small group of scientists. You site many examples of environmental issues that were dealt with by policy driven by science. These were success stories for the environmental movement and how science based policy can address these problems. Your own examples weaken your hypothesis.

Agricultural output at this very moment could adequately feed several billion more, distribution is the problem not production
Sure, but the carrying capacity of the land is limited. Unlimited population growth is not supported in a limited carrying capacity. It is simple math. Eventually we reach its limits. Our basic economic model is based on population growth, this is a problem. Just like the foundation of our society is built on cheap access to a non-renewable resource. We need to change that.

Ricky Bobby
12-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Well let's see, I've survived an ice age, the population bomb, deforestation of the rainforest, the depletion of the ozone layer, mass extinction etc.... BLAH BLAH BLAH

Thanks for proving my point. Those that understand the scietific method and all that it encompases are not debating climate change (or that humans are driving it). We are however laughing at people like you who are so uninfomred and uneducated that the connections they draw are comical.

And remember... Go fast.;-)

BCWF
12-09-2015, 10:28 AM
BCWF shares posts and stories for the information of our members.

As such, BCWF doesn't necessarily support or condone the opinions expressed in the info we share - we are simply passing it on as information.

tuner
12-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Thanks for proving my point. Those that understand the scietific method and all that it encompases are not debating climate change (or that humans are driving it). We are however laughing at people like you who are so uninfomred and uneducated that the connections they draw are comical.

And remember... Go fast.;-)
Editing others posts in an effort to prove your point and BLAH BLAH BLAH is the best you can come up with? Ricky Bobby, dazzle us with your brilliance, enlighten us uneducated and uninformed masses so that we might be spared from being laughed at by the superior intellect of global warming believers. You sound like an obedient disciple, you'll be rewarded for your faith with life affirming carbon taxes.

goatdancer
12-09-2015, 11:11 AM

Managing wildlife populations is a lot more than killing things. The environment that supports wildlife is every bit as, if not more, important than just killing preds.

Ricky Bobby
12-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Editing others posts in an effort to prove your point and BLAH BLAH BLAH is the best you can come up with? Ricky Bobby, dazzle us with your brilliance, enlighten us uneducated and uninformed masses so that we might be spared from being laughed at by the superior intellect of global warming believers. You sound like an obedient disciple, you'll be rewarded for your faith with life affirming carbon taxes.

Your not worth the time.

Your entertaining to me, nothing more. There are those that will stand and show you evidence, there are those that will argue and discuss. You will deny, you will make incedibly stupid posts, you will insult and beliitle (please feel free, afterall its just the internet). I'm just a the point in my life where your nothing more than a giggle as I enjoy my coffee.

I read a post on here a few weeks ago (I'd like to provide credit but I can't remember who said it) Can't make a midget taller, can't make a blind man see.

tuner
12-09-2015, 11:23 AM
These predictions of an ice age you keep on about were never based on good science nor were they widely accepted by the mainstream scientific community. This was a hypothesis from a single or small group of scientists. You site many examples of environmental issues that were dealt with by policy driven by science. These were success stories for the environmental movement and how science based policy can address these problems. Your own examples weaken your hypothesis.

Sure, but the carrying capacity of the land is limited. Unlimited population growth is not supported in a limited carrying capacity. It is simple math. Eventually we reach its limits. Our basic economic model is based on population growth, this is a problem. Just like the foundation of our society is built on cheap access to a non-renewable resource. We need to change that.
Got some grand social engineering project in mind there Brian?

tuner
12-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Your not worth the time.

Your entertaining to me, nothing more. There are those that will stand and show you evidence, there are those that will argue and discuss. You will deny, you will make incedibly stupid posts, you will insult and beliitle (please feel free, afterall its just the internet). I'm just a the point in my life where your nothing more than a giggle as I enjoy my coffee.

I read a post on here a few weeks ago (I'd like to provide credit but I can't remember who said it) Can't make a midget taller, can't make a blind man see.
So I'm both entertaining to you,and paradoxacly,not worth your time, sounds like the same flawed logic that asserts that climate change can only be the result of human activity, to the exclusion of any and all other possibilities. Merry Christmas Ricky, drive fast, and please donate to the CNIB they're working on a cure for my perticular blindness. :mrgreen:

souwester
12-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Goat dancer the point I'm trying to make even if it is in harsh way is that there's much better issues to have a discussion about as u can see tackling global warming isn't going to go anywhere here.
thanks

Ricky Bobby
12-09-2015, 12:30 PM
So I'm both entertaining to you,and paradoxacly,not worth your time, sounds like the same flawed logic that asserts that climate change can only be the result of human activity, to the exclusion of any and all other possibilities. Merry Christmas Ricky, drive fast, and please donate to the CNIB they're working on a cure for my perticular blindness. :mrgreen:

No, trying to educate you is not worth my time. The humor you provide is well worth my time.

yamadirt 426
12-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Your not worth the time.

actually there is such thing as bone lengthening and we have been able to let some blind people see. It's possible

back to climate change. It's going to change with or without us. That's life We think we are so special don't we

mpotzold
12-09-2015, 11:53 PM
On human caused CO2 emissions.
Coal is good for humanity!

The major component of coal is Carbon

CO2 forms during coal combustion when one atom of Carbon unites with two atoms of Oxygen.

Coal, the fossil fuel is an important source of energy & used to generate electricity worldwide.

Coal combustion adds a significant amount of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere. The more the better!

But the fraudsters/scaremongers want to demonize coal because according to them its combustion is responsible for AGW aka climate change & the inevitable & unstoppable apocalypse/doomsday is coming if nothing is done. The CO2 is the villain. They had to find something. :shock:

Dr. Moore- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) announced for the umpteenth time- we are doomed unless we reduce carbon-dioxide emissions to zero

According to Obama climate change is one of the greatest threats facing the US and the world. Is this guy for real?:roll: Couldn’t agree more with Trump. Reminds me of Al Gore with the Sky is Falling & the doom & gloom predictions because of AGW.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/30/politics/donald-trump-obama-climate-change-dumbest-thing/ (http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/30/politics/donald-trump-obama-climate-change-dumbest-thing/)

And let’s not forget that climate change can lead to “dangerous” ideologies according to Obama. Give me a break! :roll:

Global warming, Global cooling are a natural phenomenon.

Human activity does not cause or affect climate change. PERIOD!

CO2 has no effect on temperature.It lags temperature directly in general but not always.

In the last 20 years CO increased by about 40 ppm (2 ppm per year) but the earth experienced a cooling trend.

Dr. Patrick Moore-Human Emissions Saved Planet:D

“Human fossil fuel use and clearing land for crops have boosted carbon dioxide from its lowest level in the history of the Earth from 280 parts per million before the Industrial Revolution back to 400 parts perm million today.

LET US CELEBRATE CO2. It is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, gas and the most important food for life on earth. Without carbon dioxide above 150 parts per million, all plants would die.”

Article-Life on Earth has thrived with more CO2. JurassicPeriod took place 150 million years ago, and large dinosaurs roamed the earth.Plant eaters grew to as large as 36 tons, and the plants drew in the CO2 and warmer temperatures and produced oxygen and food. CO2 levels were at 1,500 ppm.

Eastbranch
12-10-2015, 09:22 AM
BCWF shares posts and stories for the information of our members.

As such, BCWF doesn't necessarily support or condone the opinions expressed in the info we share - we are simply passing it on as information.
What a weak kneed pile of garbage this post is. Stand by the science, the BCWF used to do that!!! Who's going to rein in the lunatics on this forum if not the only 'conservation' organization they have any respect for?

souwester
12-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Arctic red.....I agree
historically wise an OUTSTANDING organization but a lot of stuff here certainly could make a person question direction, motives, etc
In my opinion anyways

Spy
12-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Arctic red.....I agree
historically wise an OUTSTANDING organization but a lot of stuff here certainly could make a person question direction, motives, etc
In my opinion anyways
X2 from what I have seen lately from the BCWF, this thread is just par for the course! More BS !

Wentrot
12-10-2015, 11:33 AM
X3. I haven't been hunting for too long but In that short time I have come too see the BCWF as a bit of a joke.

My opinion of course, no lynching

Gateholio
12-10-2015, 12:38 PM
It would be idiotic for the BCWF to take a firm stance on man made climate change and global warming. It's a much more complex scientific issue than science based wildlife management in BC.

If BCWF members feel strongly about taking a firm stance one way or the other, they should go through the resolution process to make it a BCWF policy. Membership driven, remember ?

Apolonius
12-10-2015, 01:04 PM
Today's "climate change" spinners deny the scientists of the past as "not good science", after they are all proven wrong.And your own science today is???In 25 years if this "Great Science" is proven wrong,what excuses will you have?Is not this "science" being pushed by the left and the UN?This too things we could live without.They are like a cancer thats grown out of control.Time for their extinction,and we can live happily ever after.

elknut
12-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Me thinks there is 2 kinds of Climate Change personna ...Number 1 ---- The Religious ..God will sort it out ..We are not responsible for anything we create on earth ..Good or bad ....Number 2 We are of the belief that Science is here to inform and help Mankind..We believe we are responsible for what we create here on earth and will take responsibility for it ...Man has created many changes to laws governing us from Science..They have helped us live better lives...Haven't seen God change much...Will we be able to reverse Climate Change? ..I don't think so ...but we might breathe a bit better ..The air might be a little cleaner...So fight on both sides ... This really shows in indifference to a very uncertain future ...Also the neglect of responsibility some people on this forum have to creating a better world...

mpotzold
12-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Finally the good people in Britain are beginning to see the light!:D

Dec. 1, 2015-Global warming FARCE: Overwhelming majority of Britons think climate change is FAKE
Only 6% agreed when asked if humans definitely cause climate change.

Apolonius
12-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Climate change is a constant.Without change there will no life.Pollution is not something anybody likes.We all like clean rivers,lakes and the air we breath.And with science we have achieved lots.Cleaner cars,factories,sewer treatment systems and all the rest.But this has nothing to do with the dooms day prophets.I can see some one pushing it for the money,but if you are not in the money,what do you do it for?Do you think you are the saviours of this planet?You want to save this planet,do it by example.Do not try to tell me i got to pay someone in an island in the pacific,if the Ocean rises?Or if the temperature rises ,some countries start collecting!!!And it would be the UN scientists that would decide that!!!No thanks.If your island is going down, move!!!!!It happened before and it will happen again!Movement of people happens in war and natural disasters....forever.As for the BCWF ,they could have a thread for the proposed changes in the hunting regulations too.That matters to us hunters most.Or whatever happened to "the hill to die for"??Guides still winning!!!

shadowhunter
12-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Have you guys seen Bejjing right now, that smog is potentially the Fraser Valley in 30yrs.... To many ignorant idiots on here who bury their heads in the sand on anything that isnt "right".

See the light....

Apolonius
12-12-2015, 06:55 AM
It is called air pollution ....and you might take your visors off, to see China and India are doing nothing!!!Take your head out of your socialist sandbox and you might see too.Mo money is a bad politicians way out,and getting re-elected.Plus they spend our money.Just take a look at who supports it....Gregor moonbeam...?...Justing that in 30 days put Canada in the hole ....immagine in 4-5 years.Your dollar is going to 60s and soon to 50s.And he is busy spending and taking selfies.I know one thing for SURE!!!!When a government is supported and cheered at the election night,by the public service ,WE are in trouble.The people that are stuck sucking the public tit ....are celebrating????....we are in big trouble.Harper was bad for them????......good for the taxpaying public.!!!!Oh i forgot Wynne from Toronto another saviour of the planet ....like it saved Ontario!!!!!Read the auditors report!!!!Now you know who the idiots are........mirror please!!!!Except if if you are to benefit from the Climate industry!!!!

elknut
12-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Everything you say is redundant Apolonius..It's a done deal ..195 countries have signed on to a climate deal ...The world she is a changing ..Better get used to it or be put out to extinction like the dinosaurs..I think when all countries can ratify a climate change deal that anyone not believing the facts is due for a big fall..Sorry but we all have to move on ..The only constant in the world is change ...You and all the nay sayers will not stop this drive ..Hope it creates a better environment for my grandkids and their grandkids...Dennis

Apolonius
12-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Yes it is a done deal for sure.But you could also remember us naysayers proved to be right before when all the doomsday spinners where predicting ,extinction,run out of water,too much water,run out of oil,now too much oil....but hey they were using bad science,yours today is better.Now you saved our asses from extinction.....thank you.And if in the future you are proven wrong....you could always blame the computers,and name it something else.Snake oil salesmen were always part of the game.And their game is name changing at will.If they were right ,they took credit,if they were wrong ,they blamed god.A win-win situation.If the saviours of this planet are Obama/Trudeau/UN and all the rest ,who is going to save us from our saviours????Thats why i always said....humans are self destructive.Waite till you see ,what did they call them???..."Climate migrants"!!!hmm ...then you see how fast Canada becomes a third world country,although our hero Trudeau is taking us there already!!!Before his term is up ,trust me there will be a different canada.....billions in the hole....he might be the one to get us to the ....Trilllion.....great for your grandkids.But thanks for saving me from extinction.

arcadia
12-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Yes it is a done deal for sure.But you could also remember us naysayers proved to be right before when all the doomsday spinners where predicting ,extinction,run out of water,too much water,run out of oil,now too much oil....but hey they were using bad science,yours today is better.Now you saved our asses from extinction.....thank you.And if in the future you are proven wrong....you could always blame the computers,and name it something else.Snake oil salesmen were always part of the game.And their game is name changing at will.If they were right ,they took credit,if they were wrong ,they blamed god.A win-win situation.If the saviours of this planet are Obama/Trudeau/UN and all the rest ,who is going to save us from our saviours????Thats why i always said....humans are self destructive.Waite till you see ,what did they call them???..."Climate migrants"!!!hmm ...then you see how fast Canada becomes a third world country,although our hero Trudeau is taking us there already!!!Before his term is up ,trust me there will be a different canada.....billions in the hole....he might be the one to get us to the ....Trilllion.....great for your grandkids.But thanks for saving me from extinction.

Here is a guy that has not drank the establishment propaganda kool-aid. Nicely written. Do you remember when these same "climate scientists" said in the 1970's that we were heading for an ice age? There is no human caused climate change. Just a bunch of lies and fraudulent data.

Apolonius
12-13-2015, 06:52 AM
This is my last post about this subject.IMO this the best Con i have seen in my life...and seeing lots.The average life for a politician is 8-10 years,if he gets connected he would be with the in crowd of Senators,government appointees and so on.This Politicians that signed this agreement/con will be out of the picture soon.Last century they claim earth temperature rose 1 celcious???
Their signed CON say they will try to keep it at less then 1.5 degrees!!!!!....for the next century!!!!!
Are you people listening????.......socialist left/followers??
It is bulletproof.But you the leftist minded people are all about destructing the western way of life.
In their agreement language also included "Climate Migration".....use your imagination.
And you though the world had only the Syrian problem ,Trudeau is going to solve???
But thats what you do ,when you come out of "Mattress Maggie"....today's top expert in Bipolarity/psycologie.
So i do hope your grand kids enjoy all this changes he will bring.....with your money.
BY the way your grandkid will not be able to live in LM.....it is going to the highest bidder....see Asian.
And what the Glorious minister of finance do???
Restrict young local canadians....ooops your grandkids too from buying a home,by raising the 5% downpayment to 10%.....for your own good????.Did you notice English is now not even second speaking language????Move east young Man......
This paradise that some people created here with their own sweat and blood is being sold ....by some Frenchman back East.

Vladimir Poutine
12-13-2015, 10:01 AM
This is my last post about this subject.IMO this the best Con i have seen in my life...and seeing lots.The average life for a politician is 8-10 years,if he gets connected he would be with the in crowd of Senators,government appointees and so on.This Politicians that signed this agreement/con will be out of the picture soon.Last century they claim earth temperature rose 1 celcious???
Their signed CON say they will try to keep it at less then 1.5 degrees!!!!!....for the next century!!!!!
Are you people listening????.......socialist left/followers??
It is bulletproof.But you the leftist minded people are all about destructing the western way of life.
In their agreement language also included "Climate Migration".....use your imagination.
And you though the world had only the Syrian problem ,Trudeau is going to solve???
But thats what you do ,when you come out of "Mattress Maggie"....today's top expert in Bipolarity/psycologie.
So i do hope your grand kids enjoy all this changes he will bring.....with your money.
BY the way your grandkid will not be able to live in LM.....it is going to the highest bidder....see Asian.
And what the Glorious minister of finance do???
Restrict young local canadians....ooops your grandkids too from buying a home,by raising the 5% downpayment to 10%.....for your own good????.Did you notice English is now not even second speaking language????Move east young Man......
This paradise that some people created here with their own sweat and blood is being sold ....by some Frenchman back East.

You could move here to be safe. You'd fit right in.

https://www.rt.com/usa/325536-us-town-fears-solar-farms/

ruger#1
12-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Have you guys seen Bejjing right now, that smog is potentially the Fraser Valley in 30yrs.... To many ignorant idiots on here who bury their heads in the sand on anything that isnt "right".

See the light.... Yes and that smog is from an ignorant person like you that has a Prius. You do know the lead to make the batteries for your car comes from Quebec and is shipped to China to make your batteries. Rubber tires and plastics are made from oil byproducts. Maybe look in your house and see what you have that comes from China. Your computer and your other electronics. Power tools. So before you call any of us idiots. Look in a mirror. You really have no clue.

mpotzold
12-13-2015, 01:49 PM
Paris AGREEMENT:oops:

COP21 attendants are/were a conglomerate of nincompoops. The COP21was a total waste of time & money! An embarrassment to human intelligence.
The reached agreement will not be legally binding(thank GOD), except submitting a CO2 emissions reduction target and the regular review of that goal.

Hopefully Trump will be president next year :grin:& tells the fraudsters where to go & what they can do with their BS!

The outcome!
A deal to limit the rise in global temperatures to less than 2C has been agreed.
(Now they’re playing GOD)
Obama-"the best chance to save the one planet we have". :roll:

Climate Article-Human activites contribute slightly to greenhouse gas concentrations through farming, manufacturing,power generation, and transportation. However, these emissions are so dwarfed in comparison(about 0.28%) to emissions from natural sources we can do nothing about, that even the most costly efforts to limit human emissions would have a very small-- perhaps undetectable-- effect on global climate.

Demands will be for $3.5 trillion US hand-outs from rich countries to have-not countries to save the world from global warming.:roll:

The whole problem with this save-the-earth movement is that they picked CO2 as the villain. On the contrary the more CO2 emitted in the air the better for humanity in general whether naturally or human caused. The CO2 levels should be at least 4x higher than today. CO2 does not rule the climate -it simply lags/follows temperature change which has been proven without a doubt.
They should have concentrated all their efforts on the curtailment of all man- made air pollutants such as Carbon monoxide, Sulphur dioxide, Nitrogen dioxide, Lead……. the ones that are detrimental to human health & well-being by causing airpollution, smog….

JUST MY OPINION-NOTHING MORE!

Next on the agenda! Get ready!
http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4702764/less_meat_less_emissions.png (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiWi4OJ0dnJAhXPoYMKHVLgAPIQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vox.com%2F2014%2F7%2F2%2F5865 109%2Fstudy-going-vegetarian-could-cut-your-food-carbon-footprint-in-half&bvm=bv.109910813,d.amc&psig=AFQjCNElMGRs7kDPY20tDDCigmWr3dcZhg&ust=1450123473956358)

scoutlt1
12-13-2015, 02:54 PM
I still feel really bad for the Neanderthals.
I'm pretty sure they were headed to Paris around 30,000 years ago to protest climate change. Their hunting and fishing heritage was close to being wiped out...and good on them for protesting. Back then there were no emission controls on anything. They all drove crappy old oil-leaking Ford pick-ups and used CFC laden cans of hair spray. Can you imagine how hard it would have been to keep one of those hairdos in check way back in those days???? Tough times.
Sadly, they could do nothing to stop the changes that were going on. You know, the changes that had been going on for millions of years...the ones that had nothing to do with humans at all.....
Thankfully we are much smarter now and the good people that attended in Paris recently now know how to control the weather so that the winters stay cold, and the summers are warm (not too warm of course). That's how things have been for the last hundred or so years so we need to do whatever we can to keep it that way.

Personally, I think the money being generated by "climate change" is chump change. I'm going find a way to stop the continents from moving (because I like where they are now). That, I'm pretty sure, is where the real money is going to be.

Fisher-Dude
12-14-2015, 12:27 PM
It would be idiotic for the BCWF to take a firm stance on man made climate change and global warming. It's a much more complex scientific issue than science based wildlife management in BC.

If BCWF members feel strongly about taking a firm stance one way or the other, they should go through the resolution process to make it a BCWF policy. Membership driven, remember ?

Since those beaking the loudest on this thread are not BCWF members, and are really just here to bash the BCWF, I don't expect they will use the resolution process to set policy.

They aren't really interested in what the fed's policy is anyway.

Rob Chipman
12-14-2015, 03:22 PM
I think the climate's changing, but that's based on my own observations and those of my friends. Looks like glaciers are getting way smaller (I mean ones we see around here) and then there's the pine beetle. Who hasn't heard the story about how in the old days they'd be killed by a couple of weeks of really cold weather in the early part of winter...which we no longer get?

However, people who want to fight climate change make a mistake about who the enemy really is. It's not the guys who question whether it's happening, or man made, or whether we can stop it.

It's the guys who have cried wolf for years (yes, Al Gore, I'm looking at you) and the guys who confirm their opponents worst fears - that this is a scam designed to transfer wealth and engage in social engineering (yes, Elizabeth May, I'm looking at you as you gush about how Paris is finally including that important aspect of climate change: gender equality).

BTW, there is no real deal done. Some people call it a legally binding agreement under international law (again, I'm looking at you, Elizabeth May), but no less an authority than John Kerry, US Secretary of State, who is being lauded for pushing the deal through, stated: We don't need Congress to "endorse" this deal (you know, "endorse" as opposed to voting on, passing and making the agreement legally binding on the US) because a) there are no strict targets and b) there are no enforcement mechanisms.

We in Canada may still pay, but I doubt that we'll reduce emissions.

That said, I can't see anything wrong with BCWF pointing to that report. Aside from the NWF's report's recommendation that we follow government directives how can using clean energy and spending on conservation be controversial? And based on the BCWF poster's response, he or she is probably going to continue to post links that strike them as relevant to wildlife, worldwide.

As they should.

scoutlt1
12-14-2015, 06:00 PM
So the world leaders, advised by the greatest minds of this planet, meet in Paris and come out of it stating that they can limit the "temperature increase" by 2 degrees??? They believe this crap and expect all of us sheeple to believe it too???
Seriously?????

Wow.......

tuner
12-14-2015, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=scoutlt1;1724957]So the world leaders, advised by the greatest minds of this planet, meet in Paris and come out of it stating that they can limit the "temperature increase" by 2 degrees??? They believe this crap and expect all of us sheeple to believe it too???
Seriously?????

Wow.......[/QUOTE What's next a "seismic tax" in order to curb the devastating effects of earthquakes?

Johnnybear
12-14-2015, 08:22 PM
Since those beaking the loudest on this thread are not BCWF members, and are really just here to bash the BCWF, I don't expect they will use the resolution process to set policy.

They aren't really interested in what the fed's policy is anyway.

Quite the disgrace IMO.

One voice people!!!

Either you get it or you don't, but please don't cut down people that are involved, have been involved for many years, in trying to protect your interests with hundreds of thousands of volunteer hours over the years. Think about it before spouting off on some internet forum.

It is one thing to be an azzhat and contribute to the sand box on a hunting forum and it is another to be out there dealing with things that have to be dealt with in serious discussions with the government and other user groups (usually on their own dime and time). It is a thankless job apparently by quite a few on here.

I used to be a dual member by accident for many years to the BCWF. Funny story but the truth of the matter is I paid the dual membership as kind of an extra donation. I am still a member to date. Get involved with your local Fish and Game Club. Quite a few are affiliates with the BCWF and membership is included with your dues. All of the money goes to good causes.

Sign up for the BCWF email newsletter and get in touch with all the great things going on around the Province. Please don't listen to the negative stuff posted up on this site. They do great things. If the membership increases they can do even greater things!

One voice!!! (it is the most effective way to get things done politically).

tightgrouper
12-16-2015, 08:14 PM
I just finished reading the pages on this thread and what I would suggest is looking into the BCWF recent funding. There are various american trust funds funnelling hundreds of millions of $$$ into Canadian environmental charities with a focus to demarket industries such as oilsands, forestry, and salmon farming. It would be no surprise if some of this US funding has reached the bellies of the BCWF in order to further drive their american agendas further home. I am not saying this is fact, I am just stating that it would be something worth checking.

Here is some interesting reading on the topic:

http://fairquestions.typepad.com/rethink_campaigns/ten-reasons-to-inquire-re-tcf.html
David Suzuki's Fish Story (http://opinion.financialpost.com/2011/03/14/suzukis-fish-story/)

My TV interview about when David Suzuki told me to F**K off. (http://fairquestions.typepad.com/rethink_campaigns/2011/08/tv-interview-about-when-david-suzuki-told-me-to-****-off.html)

80% of Canadians support increased scrutiny of charities, Angus Reid poll finds (http://fairquestions.typepad.com/rethink_campaigns/2012/04/angus-reid-poll.html)

U.S. Foundations Against The Oil Sands (http://opinion.financialpost.com/2010/10/14/u-s-foundations-against-the-oil-sands/) and Demarketing Alberta (http://opinion.financialpost.com/2010/12/15/demarketing-alberta/)

Mayor Gerry Furney asks Prime Minister Stephen Harper for investigation (http://fairquestions.typepad.com/files/letter-to-canadas-prime-minister.jpg)

Johnnybear
12-17-2015, 11:14 PM
I just finished reading the pages on this thread and what I would suggest is looking into the BCWF recent funding. There are various american trust funds funnelling hundreds of millions of $$$ into Canadian environmental charities with a focus to demarket industries such as oilsands, forestry, and salmon farming. It would be no surprise if some of this US funding has reached the bellies of the BCWF in order to further drive their american agendas further home. I am not saying this is fact, I am just stating that it would be something worth checking.

Here is some interesting reading on the topic:

http://fairquestions.typepad.com/rethink_campaigns/ten-reasons-to-inquire-re-tcf.html
David Suzuki's Fish Story (http://opinion.financialpost.com/2011/03/14/suzukis-fish-story/)

My TV interview about when David Suzuki told me to F**K off. (http://fairquestions.typepad.com/rethink_campaigns/2011/08/tv-interview-about-when-david-suzuki-told-me-to-****-off.html)

80% of Canadians support increased scrutiny of charities, Angus Reid poll finds (http://fairquestions.typepad.com/rethink_campaigns/2012/04/angus-reid-poll.html)

U.S. Foundations Against The Oil Sands (http://opinion.financialpost.com/2010/10/14/u-s-foundations-against-the-oil-sands/) and Demarketing Alberta (http://opinion.financialpost.com/2010/12/15/demarketing-alberta/)

Mayor Gerry Furney asks Prime Minister Stephen Harper for investigation (http://fairquestions.typepad.com/files/letter-to-canadas-prime-minister.jpg)

My two underlines are CLEARLY pointed out in your post.

First: Please provide some type of proof except a "suprise from you" that the BCWF is accepting bribes from American Environmental groups!!!

Second: Why did you post this kind of stuff up in the first place if your saying it is not fact???

I really think your just here again to discredit the BC Wildlife Federation. What is your point? Ever person that is a member of the BCWF and future members want to know!!!

It means nothing. What good does your post do to the welfare of the wildlife and fish of this great Province of ours?

Johnnybear
12-18-2015, 12:18 AM
We the people of British Columbia are waiting..........

tightgrouper
12-18-2015, 10:00 AM
My two underlines are CLEARLY pointed out in your post.

First: Please provide some type of proof except a "suprise from you" that the BCWF is accepting bribes from American Environmental groups!!!

Second: Why did you post this kind of stuff up in the first place if your saying it is not fact???

I really think your just here again to discredit the BC Wildlife Federation. What is your point? Ever person that is a member of the BCWF and future members want to know!!!

It means nothing. What good does your post do to the welfare of the wildlife and fish of this great Province of ours?

First off, this is the first time that I have ever posted anything about the BCWF so to state that I am "here again" is without cause.

I am and have been for 10 years or so a BCWF member and I respect and support what they do for us outdoorsman. Membership certainly has its perks.

My post is not an attack on the federation.

In this thread there was expressed concern about the direction the BCWF was taking on oil sands and carbon issues etc etc and I was simply pointing out the possibility that US funding could be steering the membership(thats you and me and the other guys, our voices) via focused american funding like it has on other issues as stated in the links I posted. My intent was to suggest that this type of funding was something to consider if you are questioning the federations stance on such issues. In the spirit of openness and transparency I see no reason why this posability shouldn't be considered, yet such funding when in action is usually secretive and requires some digging to uncover. And ya, when when big american dollars are being spent to effect Canadian business/economy negatively in the name of protecting the environment then ya some tough questions have to be addressed.

The BCWF is made up of members and I think membership should steer the federation not foreign funding interests. If what I am suggesting is not happening then thats fantastic!

It my not be a fact/issue within the BCWF but it is an issue with other Canadian organization so I see no reason why it should not be looked into in this case.

I would not call it bribes it is just funding with a intended direction or purpose within the organization that may not represent the organizations membership.

I won't go all out and speak for all the members of the BCWF but I will say this: I hope this type of funding never reaches the core of the BCWF. I would be very disapointed if it did or has.

Cordillera
12-23-2015, 10:45 PM
Wow! Climate change is the biggest policy issue of the day so yes, the BCWF should post information on the subject.

The science is pretty clear that climate change is happening and it is very likely accelerated by us. Is there a chance it's wrong? Of course. But anyone who is rational bets on the odds and even the biggest insurance companies are pricing in big costs for climate change. And those folks are not "lefties" or "greenies" or whatever label makes some people feel good.

And it's also clear that there are winners and losers from climate change. We will probably have better elk hunting, worse moose hunting and maybe some species like caribou will do very poorly.

This post should have us all thinking about what (if anything) we can do about climate change impacts on wildlife. that would be an interesting discussion.

Sportster
09-14-2016, 10:38 PM
I believe in climate change. As it has always happened for hundreds of millions of years. It's all part of the evaluation of this planet . where I'm sitting right now at one time was a tropical forest, another time it was a desert, again another time it was an ocean, on more than one time there was more than a mile of ice. There's probably been millions of plants animals and insects that have come and gone that we'll never know about. And if curtain species of deer birds bears and fish can't evolve with the changing environment, then they'll disappear too. Including the human animal. I really enjoyed this thread and the posts. it shows that there are a lot of well read intelligent people on HBC and I hope in the future there more threads like it. Oh and what I wrote above, just one persons opinion. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Surrey Boy
09-14-2016, 11:19 PM
In all honesty, there should be no doubt that climate change exists and that it will have a large impact on both fishing and hunting. There is however huge doubts that it is man-made. That is where articles like this fall flat.
Thanks for having the patience to reaffirm common knowledge as it's relevant.

Hostile takeovers happen far too often. Institutions, like trucks and guns, houses and boats, jobs and families, take constant maintainance, care, checkups, and repair. Otherwise you lose them and all your work comes to naught, or worse, is waged against you.

grizzly550
09-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Only the grossly uneducated, ignorant individuals or those who flat out don't care about preserving the earth for future generations would have doubts about evidence pertaining to climate change or mans direct influence.

Spy
09-15-2016, 12:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HA3TFkwsTg

Surrey Boy
09-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Only the grossly uneducated, ignorant individuals or those who flat out don't care about preserving the earth for future generations would have doubts about evidence pertaining to climate change or mans direct influence.

Stoics and Cynics are uneducated and uncaring?

Everything you see in the news is true, grizz. Take your downers and sleep well tonight.