PDA

View Full Version : My Favourite Chukar

rbduck
05-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Came up with this recipe last year but lost it, now found.

MY FAVOURITE CHUKAR

2 whole roast chukar and White Sauce
1 cup instant rice(or your fav)
1 cup chicken broth/stock 2TBSP butter or marg
8oz fresh sliced mushrooms(fried) 6oz milk
8oz fresh or frozen broccoli(cooked) flour
6oz precooked, thawed, small shrimp(optional

Roast chukar. Remove breast and thigh/leg meat, set aside and keep warm.Bring chicken stock to boil in small saucepan, add rice, cover and remove from heat. Prepare broccoli and mushrooms and set aside. To make white sauce, melt marg or butter in small saucepan over med heat. Add enough flour to make a paste, strirring constantly. SLOWLY add milk(still stirring) to paste to make med thick sauce. Salt to taste.

Add shrimp tp sauce. After one minute, add broccoli and mushrooms to sauce. Immediately pour over meat that has been previously arranged on two dinner plates.Arrange rice on plate and serve. Homemade coleslaw and a nice medium dry white wine goes well with this. Enjoy.
You may substitute egg noodles for the rice.

Ron:)

Bow Walker
05-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Looks positively edible! Now - do I put the venison chops back in the freezer and try this, or go ahead with the chops, some fresh crushed garlic, some diced onions some butter, and some sherry?

Chuck
05-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Geez I hate these posts! And I thought it was going to be about a pet. Now I guess I'll have to shut this down, drag out the pots and pans, fire up the stove and start cooking, and I wasn't even hungry before I read it.

Bow Walker
05-10-2007, 10:31 PM
I had those venison chops tonight. Damn...but they were good!

echo
05-24-2007, 11:24 AM
what the heck is a chukar?

Bow Walker
05-24-2007, 11:38 AM
what the heck is a chukar?

http://www.gamebird-alliance.org/chukar.html

That should help you.:wink: