PDA

View Full Version : Homeowners Insurance with Capri

BCWF
10-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Homeowners Insurance with Capri

Capri has arranged for two of their most experienced Personal Lines Agents to be the Primary BCWF Member contacts for Homeowners and other Personal insurance needs. Heather and Kathy are here to help BCWF Members find the best deal available.

Members can call toll free at 1.888.818.5821 and ask for either Heather or Kathy or they can call them direct, Heather Bernard 250.869.3962 or Kathy Grist 250.869.3894

300H&H
10-28-2015, 04:36 PM
Thanks. As soon as my renewal comes up.

boxhitch
10-28-2015, 06:26 PM
The first off-the-top quote we get soon after the change to Capri from Hub was going to be quite a bit higher cost , we renegotiated a renewal with Hub.
Hub gave special consideration to rural wood home wood burning clients that were BCWF members , but times have changed guess.

Pioneerman
10-28-2015, 09:56 PM
In Nanaimo I get a 10% discounted rate for being a BCWF member, I think it is only local at Hub, I asked why and the gal told me it is something the owner offers , again do not know if it is locally only or province wide for other Hub offices

Gateholio
10-28-2015, 10:08 PM
Thanks, I'll ask them for a quote next year. Nothing wrong with shopping around.

boxhitch
10-29-2015, 01:47 AM
In Nanaimo I get a 10% discounted rate for being a BCWF member, I think it is only local at Hub, I asked why and the gal told me it is something the owner offers , again do not know if it is locally only or province wide for other Hub officesWe used Hub Naniamo to get the members special , started years ago. This was advertised to members at the time, to call the Naniamo office.

russm86
10-29-2015, 08:20 AM
Mine isn't homeowners insurance but tenants insurance so not sure how much difference that makes, but Capri's offering was cheaper than any of Hub's for me. Another real major factor for me was that the company's that Capri offered insurance through had no separate riders/requirements for firearms and sporting gear/equipment where as the others offered by Hub had, so as long as my $$ coverage was high enough there was no exception on my firearms and other sporting goods, BCAA and some other companies exclude firearms from any coverage in their clauses and/or require a separate rider on them at outrageous costs, I think BCAA would have been something like an extra $500 to $1000 to cover all my firearms/scopes etc. So if you have more than just 1 or 2 cheap firearms this may be something to check into in your plans/coverage.

finngun
10-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Try TD bank ,,,i got way cheaper there ,,than bcaa,,or hub ..saving 3-400 a year,,yu don t have to have acc. there..f-g

Ry151
11-28-2015, 06:24 PM
I sure hope if you get hurt on your atv and have capri insurance its not contracted to SSQ Financial Group.

will they pay. Seems they didnt for this lady.

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mom-who-broke-neck-in-horse-fall-denied-insurance-payout-1.2678026

Shuswap guy
11-28-2015, 08:58 PM
I sure hope if you get hurt on your atv and capri insurance its not contracted to SSQ Financial Group.

And will pay. Seems they didnt for this lady.

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mom-who-broke-neck-in-horse-fall-denied-insurance-payout-1.2678026

Exactly what I was going to post. I think there is an appeal in the works, but sounds pretty shady.

SPEYMAN
11-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Insurance underwriters don't make money paying out claims. You have to fight for every dollar you get from an insurance broker. There are many individuals that try to make claims so we are all treated the same. That is why all hunters are poachers, all ATV riders rip up the country side and so on. That is how life is.

Your BCWF liability is also through Capri.

Iron Glove
11-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Insurance underwriters don't make money paying out claims. You have to fight for every dollar you get from an insurance broker. There are many individuals that try to make claims so we are all treated the same. That is why all hunters are poachers, all ATV riders rip up the country side and so on. That is how life is.

Your BCWF liability is also through Capri.

You are suggesting that Underwiters and Brokers have the same or similar responsibilities in paying claims.
Two different operations, you are confusing the two.

SPEYMAN
12-01-2015, 02:29 PM
No suggestion at all. Made two separate statements.

Iron Glove
12-02-2015, 09:10 AM
No suggestion at all. Made two separate statements.

You comment on getting " ............. every dollar .................. from an insurance broker."
Unless you are talking about a policy refund, a Broker doesn't pay the Insured anything.
You seem to be inferring that the Broker pays claims.

SPEYMAN
12-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Brokers can influence the outcome of a claim. Long time clients get help that others may not obtain. Stop trying to read between the lines and just read what is written.

wideopenthrottle
12-02-2015, 11:03 AM
I pay 6-7 hundred per year through royal bank

Iron Glove
12-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Brokers can influence the outcome of a claim. Long time clients get help that others may not obtain. Stop trying to read between the lines and just read what is written.

I've read it, and reread it and I still come to the same conclusion.
In "Insurance Speak" ambiguity is construed against the Author, you're the Author.
Yes, Brokers can, and should influence the outcome of a contested claim by representing their client, the Insured. They do not, except in rare cases and generally very small claims have any claims settling authority.
Just this year I've received 3 pleas from Brokers to "reopen" claims that are 3 years old, have signed Final Releases, are time barred and to be blunt, are not covered. I respect that the Broker is doing their job trying to please their client.
Any Broker worth considering will, and does go to battle for their client, regardless of whether it's a $100 client or a $100,000 client.
That's one of my bits of advice when people ask who to get their insurance from. I always recommend a real, live Independent Insurance Broker, not a direct writer, and preferably a Broker who is familiar with the type of Insurance being discussed.
You seem to want to paint a very negative picture of "Underwriters" and "Brokers" which I guess is your right however it would be nice if it was factual.

ncurrie
12-04-2015, 06:27 AM
I sure hope if you get hurt on your atv and have capri insurance its not contracted to SSQ Financial Group.

will they pay. Seems they didnt for this lady.

Horse council bc got ahold of this story and things are looking more positive for her now. They had to get involved as it is mandatory for us to have it in the show world, makes it a bit difficult to make it mandatory if Capri doesn't step up.

SPEYMAN
12-04-2015, 08:47 AM
"You seem to want to paint a very negative picture of "Underwriters" and "Brokers" which I guess is your right however it would be nice if it was factual."

The facts are that used car sales men, real estate agents and insurance sales men are all commissioned sales people. Deal with them accordingly.

Iron Glove
12-04-2015, 09:57 AM
"You seem to want to paint a very negative picture of "Underwriters" and "Brokers" which I guess is your right however it would be nice if it was factual."

The facts are that used car sales men, real estate agents and insurance sales men are all commissioned sales people. Deal with them accordingly.

Wrong again, many "insurance sales men" are salaried, not commissioned and most Underwriters are salaried, not commissioned.
I really don't mind you having a negative opinion of insurance, much of it is due to the Insurance Industries own fault however I do object to people saying things that are factually incorrect.
You might want to stick to commenting on subjects that you are conversant in.

Down South
12-05-2015, 06:46 AM
I think this thread was started to advise members of a service being provided by Capri Insurance, not to start a pissing match over grammar

landphil
12-05-2015, 07:36 AM
I think this thread was started to advise members of a service being provided by Capri Insurance, not to start a pissing match over grammar

I see you're still fairly new around here - don't worry, you'll get used to it.;)

Going to be contacting Capri for a quote myself, just got my annual bill last night and premiums are up almost 10% over last year again. Merry Ephing Chistmas to me!

Iron Glove
12-05-2015, 10:38 AM

You are absolutely correct and I apologize for getting into this pissing match however when someone asks for advice or posts info it always riles me when someone who obviously has no knowledge of the subject matter posts erroneous information.
If anyone on the site has any questions on Insurance they can PM me and I'll help in any way I can.

boxhitch
05-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Any updates on Capri and special rates for BCWF members ?
Time to check some new quotes here too, but last time I asked the local office had no info on special rates.
Hub had a special service for members , but out of the Naniamo office only iirc.

05-25-2016, 01:11 PM
Any updates on Capri and special rates for BCWF members ?
Time to check some new quotes here too, but last time I asked the local office had no info on special rates.
Hub had a special service for members , but out of the Naniamo office only iirc.

I took all of my business away from Hub due to their support of the GOABC. Vehicles, boat, business etc. I even told them why I was going to do it - they never bothered to acknowledge my email.

fowl language
05-29-2016, 04:25 PM
renewed with hub as it was considerably cheaper for me then capri. atleast ask around and shop it .

f350ps
05-31-2016, 11:32 PM
I took all of my business away from Hub due to their support of the GOABC. Vehicles, boat, business etc. I even told them why I was going to do it - they never bothered to acknowledge my email.
I really doesn't matter if they acknowledge it or not, sometimes it's just the right thing to do. If enough people do as you the light will go on! K