PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 'BIG' lake in B.C. ?

longhairmtnman
05-08-2007, 09:22 AM
This May long we're looking for something different from the past years of fishing the little lakes for sub 2 lb'ers. This year were gonna go after 2 + on a large lake. What have you had success with at this time of year? Any methods (ie belly boats,trolling etc.)

frenchbar
05-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Dragon lk in quesnel is good fishing in May.fly fish it with a mohair burgandy leach . i do well each year fishing them with a floating line and fish the leech just off the bottom under neath a corky.chronimids work well also,lots of fish from 2 to 8 pds.Glen.

joelp37
05-08-2007, 05:11 PM
mable lake in the okanogan is one of my favorites. lots of big rainbows in there.troll deep with a green and white apex.we use a downrigger and go real deep.caught lots of fish in the 4-7 pound area.and we got a 15 pound rainbow on our cabin wall that was caught in the lake. also when your trolling put out a small gang troll at about 5-10 feet deep and youll get tons of kokanees. good eatin.
good luck

30-06
05-08-2007, 06:13 PM
This May long we're looking for something different from the past years of fishing the little lakes for sub 2 lb'ers. This year were gonna go after 2 + on a large lake. What have you had success with at this time of year? Any methods (ie belly boats,trolling etc.)
try otter..we got big lake trout..27 pounds to be exact on some iv been.iv seen 3/4 pound rainbows and are kokanee are decent sizes to..just fish deep for the lake trout

Fireball129
05-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Quesnel lake,east of Williams Lk.Very big fish in there,but also a very large lake and supposedly the deepest in BC.Beatiful area.

Derek_Erickson
05-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Adams Lake

hutch
05-11-2007, 10:39 PM
inzna lake 7-26 last oct we were catching between 11 and 15 fish in less than an hour ,2-3 lb. trout

Ferenc
05-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Sheridan Lake,use sinking flyline,long leader and a f4 flatfish black with sparkles and troll the back side of the island.

Chuck
05-12-2007, 08:52 AM
mable lake in the okanogan is one of my favorites. lots of big rainbows in there.troll deep with a green and white apex.we use a downrigger and go real deep.caught lots of fish in the 4-7 pound area.and we got a 15 pound rainbow on our cabin wall that was caught in the lake. also when your trolling put out a small gang troll at about 5-10 feet deep and youll get tons of kokanees. good eatin.
good luck

Fished a lot of nice lakes, with varying degrees of success, but this one takes the cake!

Eichelherr
05-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Try Bridge lake.... near 100 mile house.... in one hour we pulled out 9 lake trout.... they were all only 4 pounds.... but i figger theyd be bigger by now... and i spotted some deer on the small islands around the lake
________
marijuana vaporizer (http://weedvaporizer.info/)

wetcoastwillie
05-13-2007, 12:18 PM
OK,

So that's three votes for mabel... zero for arrow.

Mabel it is then?

jackson13
05-13-2007, 01:31 PM
kootenay lake. hands down the biggest fish.

boxhitch
05-13-2007, 07:56 PM
There are several guys that go over to Arrow in the fall/early winter for large Dollies, a large derby is held there (in Jan ??)
Its not much of a rainbow fishery, though the fertilizer has helped.

Chuck
05-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Kootenay Lake has BIG fish that's true, but it like Arrow Lakes (other than the scenery) run hot and cold, if you're not nearby to monitor the fishing, due to water levels, weather, etc., a trip there can be fruitless fishwise. I think that because of the dams, they are somewhat unpredictable. IMO the same can be said for Duncan. Whatshan (4-32) was once a beautiful producer. Also Slocan (4-17) can be productive, but when and where? I can say nothing of others I'm unfamiliar with. That's why I vote for Mable, not because it's "big", it isn't, but the fishing has always been great anytime I've been there. I suspect that due to it's growing popularity, that will change too.

joelp37
05-14-2007, 12:23 AM
chuck just wonderin how often u fish there?? my family has a cabin on the lake. i only get to go there a few times a year cuz i live on the island.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-14-2007, 09:42 AM
There's another "one" in the Koot/Columbia system that produces both big Bulls and Bows. My old man's favorite...........
http://usera.imagecave.com/BrentT/image630-copy.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/BrentT/image632-copy.jpg

And he's caught them bigger up there.........................8)

SSS

Chuck
05-14-2007, 09:11 PM
chuck just wonderin how often u fish there?? my family has a cabin on the lake. i only get to go there a few times a year cuz i live on the island.

Haven't been there for almost 2 years now, but I was thinking of going back sometime in June. Also interested in checking out Columbia below Mica Creek Dam and have heard just recently that the Kinbasket reservoir is really hot when the water level stabilizes, it's a trip for me though and I understand a big water - maybe out of my league with my small setup. New to me area as well.