PDA

View Full Version : Political

Xbow
10-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Today I read an add in a Comox valley paper.

The add was against the NDP.

The bcwf was tagged at the bottom of the add.

Does the BCWF openly support the Conservative party of Canada?

Apolonius
10-07-2015, 04:10 PM
I don't think any gun owner would support NDP or anyone that wants to re-introduce gun registration and hunting restrictions in general.So i do hope they support the guys that supported/support us.

ruger#1
10-07-2015, 04:12 PM
You can also PM them and ask the question directly to them.

albravo2
10-07-2015, 04:19 PM
The stuff I've seen from BCWF has not been partisan, just informative with respect to the various parties and their stances on matters that matter. I'd be surprised if they openly aligned themselves with a party.

This from another thread:

BCWF cant because they are non-partisan

BCWF
10-07-2015, 04:22 PM
The BC Wildlife Federation (BCWF) and BCWF Political Action Alliance (BCWF PAA) are two completely separate entities.

Any advertising or communications by the BCWF Political Action Alliance is not the position of the BC Wildlife Federation.

2chodi
10-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Today I read an add in a Comox valley paper.

The bcwf was tagged at the bottom of the add.

Was the ad about firearms? Was it "tagged" BCWF or BCWF Political Action Alliance?

Xbow
10-07-2015, 09:44 PM
It was tagged the BCWF PAA. Sorry it kind of confused me.

Foxton Gundogs
10-08-2015, 06:21 PM
I don't think any gun owner would support NDP or anyone that wants to re-introduce gun registration and hunting restrictions in general.So i do hope they support the guys that supported/support us.
The Greenies want to not only reintroduce the long gun registry but also abolish hand guns and all auto loaders. We know Justin has promised a new long gun registry while speaking in Quebec. The Conservatives are the only party that support hunting and fire arm ownership the choice should be clear.

Xbow
10-08-2015, 10:46 PM
The choice is as clear as MUD in my humble opinion.

I hunt in the fall. I do this for meat and the love of the out doors.

I fish guide for a living. Who will want to come fishing if there's a tanker on the rocks spewing oil down our coast?

If that happens my work is gone.

This is not a easy decision for me or any person that depends on our coast for a living.

There is way more at stake here than just the long gun registry.

Gateholio
10-09-2015, 09:34 AM
The choice is as clear as MUD in my humble opinion.

I hunt in the fall. I do this for meat and the love of the out doors.

I fish guide for a living. Who will want to come fishing if there's a tanker on the rocks spewing oil down our coast?

If that happens my work is gone.

This is not a easy decision for me or any person that depends on our coast for a living.

There is way more at stake here than just the long gun registry.

You don't really think Justin or Tom will be able to stop oil flowing do you? :)

albravo2
10-09-2015, 10:19 AM
The BC Wildlife Federation (BCWF) and BCWF Political Action Alliance (BCWF PAA) are two completely separate entities.

Any advertising or communications by the BCWF Political Action Alliance is not the position of the BC Wildlife Federation.

Interesting. One might think there was a deliberate intention to leverage the credibility of the BCWF and its membership by using the name for the purposes of the political action group. People like Xbow are right to confuse the two.

I wonder if the BCWF PAA supports the government's position on the wolf cull and grizzly hunt.

FirePower
10-09-2015, 11:31 AM
It in not necessarily a bad thing to have the public associate the BCWF with the BCWFPAA even though technically they are separate entities.

Xbow
10-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Gatehouse.......

A little history for ya.....

I spent Manny off seasons logging in the winter. It was good pay and was close to home.

Then it got slow under a certain government.

So I went to the oilfeild. Now this has became very slow under a certain government.

With no rebound in the logging industry, I need to vote for the only constant job I have.

Which is fishing.

The Hermit
10-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Oh wait a commercial fisherman not supporting the Cons when they have screwed over the recreational fisher in favor of the commercial fleet for a decade? I'm confused? Or am I? Who has your interests really?

Xbow
10-09-2015, 03:38 PM
You are confused. I am a fishing guide.

But you are right the government in power cut the residents halibut limits.

Which also cost the sport fishing industry revenue..

Gateholio
10-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Gatehouse.......

A little history for ya.....

I spent Manny off seasons logging in the winter. It was good pay and was close to home.

Then it got slow under a certain government.

So I went to the oilfeild. Now this has became very slow under a certain government.

With no rebound in the logging industry, I need to vote for the only constant job I have.

Which is fishing.

Interesting but do you think Justin or Tom will really stop the oil flowing? It's going to move one way or another.

Xbow
10-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Gatehouse

I hope they keep it going.. I drive a truck and pipeline in Alberta for winter work..

The pipe line is a good way to transport oil.. Tankers are not!!!!

Especially with the type of crude Canada produces.