PDA

View Full Version : heads up- more "protected areas"

Tuffcity
05-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Maybe I'm just being paranoid but it looks like the beginnings of another "National Park" like area where your ability to fish, crab, clam, etc will be seriously curtailed or eliminated. If you have the chance go to an open house and voice your concern.

UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS

Parks Canada, in cooperation with the Province of British Columbia, is undertaking a study to assess the feasibility of establishing a national marine conservation area (NMCA) reserve in the southern Strait of Georgia. Attached is an invitation to our upcoming consultations in May and June.

We are hosting five marine mixer information sessions. Join us at a mixer to find out about elements of the Draft NMCA Reserve Concept, including the proposed draft boundary for the NMCA and the draft national zoning framework for NMCAs. Discuss these topics and more with staff from Parks Canada, the Province of British Columbia and Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
If you cannot attend a Mixer, but would like us to meet with your group or association, please let us know.

SPRING 2007 MARINE MIXERS
SIDNEY* at Mary Winspear Centre
May 29
1pm to 8pm (presentations at 1.30pm and 6.30pm)
VANCOUVER* at VanDusen Botanical Garden
May 31
5.30pm to 8.00pm (presentation at 6.30pm)
NANAIMO at Coast Bastion Inn
June 5
5.00pm to 8.00pm (presentation at 6.30pm)
DUNCAN at Quw'utsun' Cultural and Conference Centre
June 6
VICTORIA at Victoria Conference Centre
June 7

www.pc.gc.ca/straitofgeorgia

Jagermeister
05-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Like we really need it!
Just more regulations to go along with the other BS that happens of late in this country.

Johnnybear
05-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Your going to see more of these coming up in other area's too.

I, speaking for myself, think it is about time. We also desperatley need more conservation officers out on the water.

I think every sportsfishing enthusiast should support this if they want any kind of fishing for future generations.

BearSniper
05-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Park

To be honest with you, I don't think they can afford another Nat. park. They can barely run the others on the tight budgets they already have.:frown:

And when money is short , or the economy sinks (it will-wait til China dumps a trillion U.S. dollars -we're all hooped ), they cut back in the parks.

I have camped for years in many of the western parks. But services are being eroded and costs are going up. Americans don't come anymore. Soon people won't bother or afford to visit the parks.

IMO , I think it's a waste of time. But the feds usually do what they want without listening to reason.:mad:

boxhitch
05-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Soon people won't bother or afford to visit the parks.

So then the goal of having a protected area will be achieved.