PDA

View Full Version : Plott Hounds

Elkaholic
05-02-2007, 07:18 AM
I am looking to get 1-2 plott hounds that are good on bear and cougar, or pups whose blood line is known to be good on both. Just wondering if there are any people is BC that have any of these hounds or breed them as this is a down the road aquisition.

SHAKER
05-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Steve Moore of Chilliwack is the only guy I know who deals with Plotts. He's an interesting guy to deal with and has lots of knollege of them. I don't have his phone # anymore, but I'm sure he'll be in the phone book. If not PM me and I can track him down for you. Long live the hounds!

Just so you know, I know of 2 litters of Walkers for sale right now. Both litters are somewhat the same blood line. I have 2 of them from that line and they are very good.

K-1
05-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Look up Plott Hounds on the Net. also" big game hounds, ",,,U.K.C. breeds. There is a lot of plotts in the East Koots. You can also try "Full Cry" magazine .

Elkaholic
05-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the replys, I really don't need to find walkers as I know alot of good lines around here. I am really interested in plotts I will check into the full cry, and try to give that guy a call.

DBM
05-03-2007, 05:51 PM
From what I hear Steve Moore has been producing some nice dogs. His dogs are quite popular down in the U.S.

Here's his website.
http://www.ursusplotts.com/

Bluetick
05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Talk to Ryan Farrow at Jackson Plumbing and Heating in Cranbrook. He has some good plotts...both buckskin and brindle and could at least point you in the right direction as to where to go to get some.

Mike

BowHunter England
09-19-2008, 04:57 PM
ya steve moore would be a good guy to go to I'm workin for him right now but he's still huntin bears in switzerland for another four weeks
got some nice dogs tho

thinkingman
09-19-2008, 05:45 PM
elkaholic

i've known steve mohr since 1977. hunted with him nearly every year since then.

if you want bear dogs, his dogs are the best. he's exported dogs to every bear hunting state in the u.s., including hawaii. sold dogs to co's in japan hunting marauding wild boar, and most recently has revolutionized bear hunting in sweden by exporting dogs that will run and bay a european brown bear. he's a hunter and probably the most knowledgeable plott breeder breeding for bear this side of the mississipi

he's in sweden hunting european brown bear and won't be back until early october.

want a bear dog, email him. he's got two litters on the way for october.

if you want to talk, send me a pm.
thinkingman

thinkingman
09-26-2008, 08:14 AM
elkaholic

steve's back from sweden as of wednesday night.

thinkingman

Elkaholic
09-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks alot for the info. :D