PDA

View Full Version : Blockade Protocols

BCWF
09-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Blockade Protocols

With the hunting season upon us, the BCWF recognizes that there may be many folks out in the bush and on the roads.

In situations where you encounter protesters blockading roads, please take the following steps:

Stay calm and do not be aggressive in your actions or communications. Do not try to “run” the blockade
If you are safely able to do so:

Photograph and video the location. Any vehicle, structure or gate that is blocking the road should be photographed. Record or write down any license plate numbers or distinguishing features of vehicles.

If the protesters are open to a conversation with you, ask, “Are you preventing me from using the road?

I want to understand why you are preventing me from using the road?
Do you represent any organization?
Can you share your name and where you are from? ”

Photograph or video this interaction, if it can be done safely.

Take notes of the interaction directly after it is over.
Note the location, the individuals (with numbers, descriptions or identities, if known, license plates, etc.), and the content of any conversations. Also note any impacts of being prevented from accessing the area and the number of people affected by the blockade.

On a map, mark the location of the blockade and the location of the activities prevented from being undertaken.

Contact the BC Wildlife Federation (BCWF) Office @ 1-888-881-2293 and let us know what is happening.

File a complaint with the local RCMP and Conservation Officer Service.

It is imperative that blockades are reported to the RCMP and COS to make sure there is a formal record of complaint.

Provide BCWF with copies of documents which describe how your legal rights are being interfered with such as permits, grants, licenses, contracts, including copies of documents.

JHM
09-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Does anyone have any current experience with access to area 5-4? Have a moose draw there for Oct.
JHM

srupp
09-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Hmmm contact me with ph number..I will call...
Steven Rupp

JHM
09-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Thanks Steven, not sure of the security of all this so reluctant to put a phone # on the site ( I'm an old Guy )<: ). Looked you up on the web - are you the retired paramedic? Would love to talk to you.
JM

honeyman76
09-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Just a heads up that there is a blockade on the Yalakom FSR. They didn't stop me, but they have placed boulders in a zig zig pattern on the road to slow people down. I'm not sure what the protest there is about.

jessonml
09-13-2015, 09:00 PM
JHM I was in 5-4 accessing at Lee's Corner and through past Taseko Lakes last week and we had no issues.

JHM
09-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Tks. That's good to know. We would go through there or past Alexis. A bit nervous because don't want any issues.
JM