PDA

View Full Version : Hunters asked to stay away from Active Wildfires

BCWF
08-29-2015, 03:00 PM
BC Wildfire Service Alert

BULLETIN: The Southeast Fire Centre is asking hunters to stay away from areas with active wildfires.

Hunting season begins on Sept. 1, and hunting in the vicinity of a wildfire could put the safety of firefighters at risk.

Read the full bulletin here:

http://bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=2537

604ksmith
08-29-2015, 03:06 PM
Will do, it makes sense.

Safe practice of shooting aside, we don't need to be putting BC Firefighters at risk by shooting anywhere near them. Also, if getting close to BC Firefighters was to become a problem, I'd say the hunter should find a new honey hole. I haven't heard of any smouldering marshes producing any good Moose lately, ect...

guntech
08-29-2015, 05:49 PM
I can not vision hunting in an active fire area... a ridiculous idea...

07blackwater
08-29-2015, 06:01 PM
I can not vision hunting in an active fire area... a ridiculous idea...

Exactly, most hunters I know are the most sensible people in the planet and would never go near an active fire area.

They should be worried about the 'head in the sand' tree huggers and such.

M.Dean
08-29-2015, 06:31 PM
And for God Sakes guys, Don't shoot at "Drones" either!!! Dog's chas'in Deer, what the Hell Eh!!! Open Season!!!

rocksteady
08-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Its more about the extra vehicle traffic on the roads near the fires that is causing concerns... Water trucks, lowbeds, medic units, skidder tanks etc etc on dusty roads..

As well we had some guys yesterday setting up balloons for 1000 yard target practice that was aiming right at our crews (also wear red shirts)...

goatdancer
08-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Exactly, most hunters I know are the most sensible people in the planet and would never go near an active fire area.

They should be worried about the 'head in the sand' tree huggers and such.

Read Rocksteady's post and then tell us what you think.

Sofa King
08-29-2015, 08:01 PM
Read Rocksteady's post and then tell us what you think.

and, I think there were a couple posts on here recently asking about the hunting in areas like rock creek and other fire areas.

07blackwater
08-29-2015, 09:41 PM
OK. I mean guys I hunt with.