PDA

View Full Version : Tracked ARGO's dont swim well

Rock Doctor
04-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi, I made a trip into my Hunting/Fishing Cabin last week, and managed to get stuck in a creek full of ice and slush for about an hour (clip edited down to under 6 min). We were on our way out with no load on, and had a little trouble getting traction in the creek (re: floating). Once I made it through, I had no problem pulling the second Argo across. My Argo is on Supertracks, and the other one is on Standard Tracks. (If you like what you see, you can also check out the Highlites (Argo trip, broken axle) from the trip under my profile on youtube....RockDoctor07)
Enjoy
(Some foul language, but not too bad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1wzlq8PZg

30-06
04-28-2007, 03:20 PM
thats some crazy terrain you guys go through

Wildman
04-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Pretty sweet machines!

dirtyharry
04-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Sweet! On argo's site it mentions not to try and swim with tracks on. Guess thats why. I would of try'd though too.

Rob

Rock Doctor
04-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Um.......I have never checked out the Argo website, mabe I should do that, might save me some grief sometime8-)

Here is the link to the other clip, it has some pretty good shots in it (nice sunrise bit taken at 4:30 in the morning):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6XxApY0_4U

Schmaus
04-29-2007, 08:49 PM
those things are awesome

gameslayer
04-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Nice clips Rock Doctor
Gets me stocked for hunting. Nice machines.

Elkhound
05-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks Roc Doc.....what a work horse that thing is.

Murder
05-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Nice helmet cam. I guess if you can afford an argo for recreation, you can afford a kick ass camera too. Great clips RockDoctor. I always have wanted an argo. My buddy and I were in a tricked out suzuki samurai with lockers one time, going up a super steep rocky grade to try and reach a radio tower. we got about half way up, and there was no more driving. This was a real steep grade with huge rocks etc. We hear something rumbling around uphill, and a minute or two later, an old decrepid argo (6 wheel) was coming down from the tower with a load of lumber and equipment and 2 guys. We BS'd for a few, and apparently they had absolutely no problem climbing up. I was sold. One day I WILL get an argo.

Rock Doctor
05-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Actually, I got a really good deal on the Argo, would have been a fool not to take it (I paid less for the whole works than what just the accessories cost), and the "kickass camera" costs about 600 bucks from Future Shop:)

I also have a decrepit old 6 wheel argo, that a buddy pretty much gave me. I am waiting on all new bearings, seals, chains, couple axles, ect, ect. Hopefully I can get it mobile for this summer.

Glad to hear that you guys all like the clips, More to come in the future8-)

TTYL
RD