PDA

View Full Version : Sighting in Broadheads

7mmWSM
04-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Whats the general consensus on sighting in broadheads? Do you sight in your fieldpoints when you are not hunting, and then sight in the broadheads prior to a hunt? Or do you sight in your broadheads, and just hold high or low for the difference on fieldpoints. I can't get out to the range much and so would like to do as little resighting as possible. Also, anyone know of any permanent 3D courses set up in the Lower Mainland?
Thanks.

Dirty
04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
I believe the Ridgedale club, Abbotsford Fish and Game Club, and Mission Club all have 3-d ranges. Call a sporting goods shop and they will be able to give you better information.

Bow Walker
04-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Whats the general consensus on sighting in broadheads? Do you sight in your fieldpoints when you are not hunting, and then sight in the broadheads prior to a hunt? Or do you sight in your broadheads, and just hold high or low for the difference on fieldpoints. I can't get out to the range much and so would like to do as little resighting as possible........Thanks.
What I generally do is to dedicate maybe 4 arrows out of a dozen for hunting. I set them up, spin them for trueness, and slip on a practice head - or just use one broadhead tipped arrow to sight them in.

Sharpen up the dulled broadhead that you used for sighting in, put it back on its arrow, spin test it until true, and you're good to go for the season.