PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping it up for another year

Canuck2
12-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Archery season here finishes on Dec 10, so I think I'm done. Most recenty, I went out this past Saturday and sat in a gentle snowstorm as a number of deer filed past me at first light. Several were easy shots but I just sat and enjoyed them. The freezer is full; 1 buck, 1/3 of a moose, and a beef that I butchered a couple months ago. So the hunting foray was just an excuse to get out and enjoy nature. I certainly did that. Here's one picture I took of a good looking doe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Canuck2/IMGP0728.jpg

houndogger
12-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Nothing like being out in a fresh snow huh. :biggrin:

Thunderstix
12-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Yummmmmmy!

Nails
12-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Canuck great pic, it puts you right there but without the cold brrrrrr. The doe looks like she has some healthy fat supplys for the winter.

palmer
12-08-2004, 10:19 AM
CANUCK2....
I was out yesterday with my harpoon, I too saw many does and one little three point. But many whitetails are around this year forsure

Kirby
12-08-2004, 10:47 PM
well I'm wrapping up big game on friday, but keeping yotes, and cats open all year.

Kirby

swamper
12-09-2004, 01:27 AM
It's all over for me until bear season opens in the spring. I had one of the best seasons ever. Put 2 bucks on the ground, one with a bow and one with a rifle, and a nice 30" moose. That was just the collateral benifit. The best part was spending the time with friends in the bush.

Spent a lot of time with Willyqbc chasing deer and moose and was there when Amphibious downed his first ever deer. Got to meet Steelco down in 70 Mile. To my way of thinking, it's not the killing, it's the time spent with family and friends. This year I had a lot of people hanging their animals in my barn. There were 4 moose, 7 deer and 2 bear hanging in the barn at different times. I got to teach Willy how to butcher wild game. This winter we will be experimenting with saugage making. No doubt we will be reporting on the great garlic sausage we come up with.

Congrats to everyone on a successful season.

Now its time to start ice fishing season. Will be going out this weekend to a couple of different lakes to see what they can produce. Nothing like a nice smoked rainbow.

Chris H.

oldtimer
12-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Well willy and I have today and tomorrow left. Went out yesterday and only saw one doe then heavy snow cut visibility down some and the deer didn't seem to be moving at all.Hopefully today or tomorrow we will get a chance but like swamper says it is just being out with family and friennds that is the reward but DAMM i want to fling an arrow at one !!!!