PDA

View Full Version : New Motion Decoy From Cabellas

The Hermit
07-13-2015, 08:12 AM
Check this out... looks awesome to this amateur's eyes. But the price...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnZQV3OSwZY

Rackmastr
07-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Slick looking rig for sure!!!

I use an older mojo in the field and it can be killer on ducks at times. I use it for geese to get them flagged but often turn it off before they start coming too close as I find it flares them a bit. Be interesting to see how this works on the geese.

lorneparker1
07-13-2015, 09:40 AM
$500 is ridiculous.
more moving parts equals more shit to break. Waterfowlers are really known for babying equipment.
Custom pain job and sculpting on a motion decoy. who the hell cares. Aesthetics mean jack when it comes to motion decoys. duck come to spinning wing decoys because of the flash for the wings. you could paint a spinner to look like a flamingo and it would still decoy ducks.

No thanks!

albravo2
07-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Cool, but I'm pretty sure it is not enough technology to overcome my late starts, lousy concealment, terrible calling and bad shooting.

If it is, $500 would be steal (or should I say, Teal?)!

wingmaster
07-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Seems pretty loud in the first few seconds. I'll stick to my mojos

Big Lew
07-13-2015, 12:42 PM
What goes around, comes around....maybe.
Well before I started hunting about 55 years ago, duck hunters used
live 'Call' ducks which were mallard type birds about 1/2 to 2/3rds size.
They were usually tethered amongst wooden decoys and it was very
effective....so effective I know of some hunters that accidentally shot
them thinking they were wild ones. We had about a dozen of them on
our farm, but not for hunting as it was then illegal. I could be wrong,
but I thought it was illegal to use mechanical decoys at one time after
that. Now it's legal, and done everywhere with great success. This new
improvement likely will be even more effective in enticing birds within
range. Maybe the next step will be 'the full circle' and live 'Call' ducks
will be legal again.

Rackmastr
07-13-2015, 09:06 PM
$500 is ridiculous.
more moving parts equals more shit to break. Waterfowlers are really known for babying equipment.
Custom pain job and sculpting on a motion decoy. who the hell cares. Aesthetics mean jack when it comes to motion decoys. duck come to spinning wing decoys because of the flash for the wings. you could paint a spinner to look like a flamingo and it would still decoy ducks.

No thanks!

Haha yep...no doubt there. I didn't even look at the price, cool item but NO WAY I'd spend that kind of money.

Dutch Ppoacher
07-15-2015, 08:11 PM
I see those wings snapping off the first slip in a wet winter field

elch jager
07-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Made for the American market... the same guys that chase around after the stupidest fish in the swim with $100K bass boats are going to buy these... amuricans loves thur gadgets. They will go for anything that makes a sport easier. Less effort to make themselves feel like they accomplished something. Why not allow audio recordings for calling as well? Won't be long before they adapt some of the military guidance systems to their shotguns for 'aim assist and correction'...

I am working on a Mallard 3D hologram projection system mounted on motorized mini rafts... target price will be about $10K a set... anyone want to pre-order?

The Hermit
07-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Made for the American market... the same guys that chase around after the stupidest fish in the swim with $100K bass boats are going to buy these... amuricans loves thur gadgets. They will go for anything that makes a sport easier. Less effort to make themselves feel like they accomplished something. Why not allow audio recordings for calling as well? Won't be long before they adapt some of the military guidance systems to their shotguns for 'aim assist and correction'...

I am working on a Mallard 3D hologram projection system mounted on motorized mini rafts... target price will be about $10K a set... anyone want to pre-order?

A hahaha post of the month!