PDA

View Full Version : Peep Sight Or Kisser Button

mikek blacktail
04-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I've been shooting my bow with a kisser button for years,and I was just wondering if peep sights are more accurate.Any info would be much appreciated.

ribber
04-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Guy, I'm kind of glad you ask this question, I'm very new to archery and the buddy thay's helping me[?],insists I use both, a peep and a kisser button, and I couldn'd figure out why may now I'll find out

mikek blacktail
04-18-2007, 04:43 PM
I believe some people use both so the kisser always stays in the same spot as an anchor point but I 'm not sure,I was told you don't need both but I think it's a personal preference.

BowSitter
04-18-2007, 04:46 PM
don't worry BowWalker will jump in and let you know:twisted: :lol:

Bow Walker
04-18-2007, 04:48 PM
:idea: That's what I was going to suggest. Use both.

The kisser will do it's job - which is to give you a consistently repeatable anchoring point. Repeatability is the key.

A solid, repeatable anchor point is imperative. Many shooters use a knuckle of the release hand on the jaw bone to get a solid anchor. Others use fingers at the corner of the mouth or on the chin. Still others use a kisser button - right in the corner of the mouth. Easily repeatable.

The usual idea with a peep is to get your sight housing (which is most often round) just within the peep aperture. Then you can put the selected pin right on the X within the target.

i know bowsitter is just waiting for me to post on this thread.....:evil:

interceptor
04-18-2007, 04:53 PM
G' Day Lads,

The main thing that a kisser button does is it gives you a reference point ie: it touches the same spot on your face every time if it doesn't you know that your form is off.

You can never have too many reference points, while I don't use a kisser I do have a few referece points:
1, where my release aid touches my face
2, the thumb on my right hand locks under the point of my jaw
3, the string rests in the middle of the tip of my nose

If you are shooting with sights IMHO you will shoot far better (more acurately) with a peep rather than just a kisser.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Noel

oldtimer
04-18-2007, 07:49 PM
I use both a kisser and a peep as well as a repeatable reference point where my knuckle sits. My opinion the more reference points the better. And on my hunting bow the string touches my nose in the middle the same as interceptor says. Mike

Sideofabarn
04-18-2007, 07:56 PM
My personal preference is Neither. I am presently using a "hindsight" as well as the standard sight. Something I'll be graduating from as my skills improve with the a la naturelle recurve. But hey, whatever it takes for you to be accurate, and more importantly, consistent...