PDA

View Full Version : Prawns + Crown Royal

mtnmax
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Well there I was standing in the kitchen a few minutes ago wandering what to start making for supper. I opened the fridge door and saw a dozen fresh prawns! IDEA!!! I grabbed a pan , the prawns and my bottle of crown,,,,,also made a drink,,,then sauted them things in the crown and black pepper.mmmmmm that was a good snack!! Between the prawns and the crown /pepsi I came up with whats for supper.

Warning side affect may result in GOOD MOOD!!! and GREAT IDEAS:smile:

merritthunter
04-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Great Idea! :lol:

Bow Walker
04-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Great start............next time maybe try it with a little Lowland scotch. The Lowlands seem to produce a more intense "peat" flavour in the scotch - goes really well with shellfish and the like.

Save the lighter Highland stuff for sippin' with a bit of water and a single ice cube.

Oh yeah, don't forget to call me:cool:

lip_ripper00
04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
geeez I read the title and started to salivate:lol: :lol: :lol:

308BAR
04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Mmmmmm.....drunken prawns recipes.

Prawns + any type of alchohol you cant get your hands on = Drunken prawn recipe.

Bow Walker
04-16-2007, 05:44 PM
something really, really good for sippin' is the new booze from Bacardi........it's called Ciclon (cyclone). At least I think that's how it's pronounced.

But who care how you pronounce the name when it tastes like it does?

It's a combination of Bacardi rum with some Agave Tequila. Now wait a minute - for those who don't like Tequila, this is one easy sippin' drink!

Neat, on the Rocks, mixed with Pepsi or Sprite or G-ale, or used in a ****tail like a Marguerita, or rum Martini, or just about anything that you would use rum in.

Try it - you'll like it.

VanIsle
04-16-2007, 07:55 PM
crown /pepsi
Shudder !!!! :eek:
I couldn't imagine mixing anything other than a drop of water with scotch or rye. Might as well buy the cheap $hit if your'e going to mix it with pop.

Pete

boxhitch
04-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Shudder !!!! :eek:
I couldn't imagine mixing anything other than a drop of water with scotch or rye. Might as well buy the cheap $hit if your'e going to mix it with pop.

Pete
X2
though some have to add something to Cola's to make them palitable

Schmaus
04-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Nothing like a Gibson's and Coke to get the party started.

Gateholio
04-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Tequila works well, too...Teqhuila, some chilies or hot sauce, garlic and a squeeze of lime...mmmm

oldtimer
04-16-2007, 08:54 PM
BowWalker hit the nail on the head re lowland vs highland and I think we will test both out come the Senior games. Dan can you supply the shellfish ?? Mike

Bow Walker
04-17-2007, 08:17 AM
BowWalker hit the nail on the head re lowland vs highland and I think we will test both out come the Senior games. Dan can you supply the shellfish ?? Mike
You are on!! You sweet talker you. ;-)

Mr. Dean
04-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Tequila works well, too...Teqhuila, some chilies or hot sauce, garlic and a squeeze of lime...mmmm

Did this w/ a lobster once. FINE eats.

Bow Walker
04-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Mmmmmm.....drunken prawns recipes.

Prawns + any type of alchohol you cant get your hands on = Drunken prawn recipe.
Sounds good, eh?

Actually for proper Drunken Prawns you need them alive and swimming/marinating in the booze just prior to flash frying them.

Nummmy!

rbduck
04-18-2007, 06:28 AM
Prawns sauted in Pernod..............TRY IT!

Ron:biggrin:

hunter1947
04-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Prawns and crab are mine ,with red wine http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif hunter 1947.

Sideofabarn
04-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Damn, now all I can think about is halibut in a fine beer batter. There's a little Newfie in all of us...

elkster
04-25-2007, 12:00 AM
Sounds good, eh?

Actually for proper Drunken Prawns you need them alive and swimming/marinating in the booze just prior to flash frying them.

Nummmy!

Actually, Why cook em? They are great raw, especially if you throw them in some booze first. Now that's Yummy!!!:smile: :smile: :smile:

wickit
04-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Liquer in any dish can you go wrong.