PDA

View Full Version : In Memorium

Blacktail
12-04-2004, 11:19 PM
It is with heavy heart that I tell of the passing of my devoted partner Emma

On friday night around 6PM my 4 1/2 year old GSP was hit by a car in front of my house by an uncaring idiot that didn't have the guts to stop and look at what she had hit.

Too many serioous internal injuries forced me to make the choice to have her put down.

she will be greatly missed

Marc
12-05-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm very sorry to hear of your lost. It’s hard to believe that people can be so ignorant and leave the seen of an accident like that. She was probably on a cell phone applying makeup and never noticed anything.

I know how expensive it can be to have a dog looked after as I just spent $1800.00 to have a piece of corn on the cob removed from my female lab this summer after I innocently fed it to her a week prior.

It's a hard decision to make but sometimes it's just not financially feasible especially when you don't know if the animal is going to have an active life if it did survive all the surgery.

I love my dogs like family and I know how you’re feeling right now.

My condolences.

Marc.

3kills
12-05-2004, 04:58 AM
sorry to hear about ur loss...

todbartell
12-05-2004, 11:28 AM
losing a dog is as bad as It gets, sorry to hear about your troubles :neutral:

bone-collector
12-05-2004, 11:43 AM
definetly a crappy thing to happen right at the holiday season , sory to hear for your loss

Bonez

leftcoast
12-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Blacktail, that is tough. Keep the memories alive and get another one. A good dog is a daily joy. You will never replace her but you can sure enjoy another dog.

=keith=

MB_Boy
12-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Blacktail.....really sorry to hear about your loss. We lost one of our families' Cheasepeakes last year and it certainly is tough to swallow as they do become a friend and a family member.

Scott

Ulsterman
12-15-2004, 01:16 AM
I have thought about this reply for a long time, first off I had both my Labs put down last year of old age, also two horses that my kids have grown with.I under stand your loss first hand. Now to the hard part,in Oct on the way to work I hit a dog, it must have bolted out of the drivway because I never seen a thing, just a bang, I thought I blew a tire. I stopped checked things out and eventually found the dog, dead. The bottom line is I never let my dogs out unattended if there is a snowballs chance in hell they can get to the road, a dog is no match for any car. I'm sorry if I offend any of you but ultimately it's up to the owner to look after his or her companion.

Blacktail
12-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks to all for your comments
Time is pasing and healing has begun.
Yes indeed,Ulsterman, I realize I have to take responsibility as it was my fault that I left the back gate open that enabled them to get out and go exploring.
This momentary lapse is one that I will have to live with, no offence taken

houndogger
12-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog Blacktail. Had to put one down this time last year of old age and it was tough. Even rougher when your not expecting it. $hit happens don't beat yourself up over it.

QnsCowboy
12-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Hey Blacktail, like many have said, very sorry to hear of your loss....As a Dog(s) owner my whole life, I know the companionship they provide, and thankful the memories that will always continue....

Craig

Deer_Hunter101
12-23-2004, 12:48 PM
awwwww, i'm so sorry about your dog.

I have an english pointer for hunting chucker.