PDA

View Full Version : Great start to the late archery season!!

willyqbc
12-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Well this was my first day out for the late archery season here....off to a great start! I have seen my opponent and he is most worthy!!! Was out with Swamper and Oldtimer and we saw 25 deer in all, 6 bucks. I ran into a 180+ 4point, managed to get within 100 yds, but the wind was bad so I left him be....didn't want to blow him out of the area alltogether. Oldtimer and I have all next week off, so I'll be trying my darndest to get on him, or the big 3 point that I've been chasing the past couple years....should be a good week!!
Will keep ya posted on anything interesting!

Chris

3kills
12-04-2004, 09:14 PM
good luck chris hope u connect on a nice one..

Canuck2
12-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Way to have patience there, Chris. If you continue to play your cards right, you've got a good chance of getting in range sooner or later. Good luck, and keep us informed.

Nails
12-05-2004, 12:54 AM
Hey Chris just let Oldtimer show you how to get close. I am sure he still has a trick or two up his sleeve that he has been saving to show you young pups. Good luck to the both of you this week.

bone-collector
12-05-2004, 10:33 AM
I think you guys need some back-up just in case it attacks you .....um oh yea Im free for the next couple weeks :lol:

good luck Chris , send pics soon

willyqbc
12-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Well day 2 is in the books. Saw does, does, does, and you guessed it, more does.....36 in all. No sign of the big guy but tommorrow is another day!!

Hey Bones, I think your right, you better bring that cannon down in case "I feel threatened" and we need to knock one down in "self-defense"!!!

Chris

love the woods
12-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Have you guys tried the kettle valley area.Great for bowhunting,lots of deer.The terrain is great for cover and there are plenty of opportunities to shoot.

oldtimer
12-09-2004, 08:16 AM
Nails I am afraid to admit this but the young pup ( Willy ) taught me everything I know about bowhunting so I am afraid I don't have any tricks to show him although yesterday while he is scooting around on his quad and not seeing anything I entertained a lovely doe for 15 minutes from a well concealed spot I had chosen to wait in ambush from. Only animal we saw all day and this from an area we would normally see 15 or 20. NEXT TIME !!!!

love the woods
12-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Have you guys tried the kettle valley area.Great for bowhunting,lots of deer.The terrain is great for cover and there are plenty of opportunities to shoot.teach a child how to shoot a gun and take away the curiosity.

QnsCowboy
12-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Oldtimer, that can't always be the case: RE: Chris teaching you everything...Nails and I taught our Dad archery and first time out together, Dad nailed a 3 point Black Tail with the first arrow he ever threw at a Deer...."Oldtimer's" always have a trick or two!!!!

Best of luck,

Craig

willyqbc
12-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey Qnscowboy, you're right Oldtimer's do always have a trick or two.....just too bad they are too old and senile to remember what they were!!!! hehehehe!!!

Chris

oldtimer
12-10-2004, 08:49 PM
well at least I didn't forget my bow one morning and the keys for the quad another morning !!!! let the group decide who is forgetfull. he he he