PDA

View Full Version : MSR Reactor

brno375
04-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Has anyone seen one yet? The MSR webpage says it is available this month. Here is a little write up on it.

http://www.trailspace.com/news/2006/08/11/msr-reactor.html

Tarp Man
04-07-2007, 10:39 PM
That looks awesome! I know my Primus tank top stove loses a lot of its efficiency through the space between the stove base and the base of the pot. Especially when I am not using a windscreen. This system is also very similar to the Jetboil system which now has two sizes, a one man and a two man. www.jetboil.com

bigwhiteys
04-08-2007, 04:18 PM
It looks like MSR has tried to knock-off the "JetBoil" stove thats already been out for a few years... I have one. It kicks ass and for backpacking I wouldn't even consider anything else and I have used quite a few backpacking stoves.

** The MSR does look like it has a more efficient wind screen around the burner... Which is a plus.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Krico
04-10-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw that stove in the new MEC catalogue, you could call them regarding stock. As for supporting a retailer with anti-hunting views, I only do it if there are no other options for the gear I want. I figure in a way I'm just using their products to be successful in ventures they despise8) . I've even thought of writing them a thank you regarding the performance of their products during my hunts:lol: .