PDA

View Full Version : next protest rally

fowl language
03-13-2015, 04:30 PM
story goes that perhaps that the next liberal function there would be a good time for another protest rally. I hope it on this side of the water but we will go were ever. your thoughts....dale

dakoda62
03-13-2015, 05:10 PM
GOABC is having their yearly meeting in Kelowna this year, I think at the end of March.

coach
03-13-2015, 05:14 PM
GOABC is having their yearly meeting in Kelowna this year, I think at the end of March.

I think protesting there would be a mistake. Out battle is with the government. A liberal function or Steve Thomson's office are likely the most strategic moves.

Big Lew
03-13-2015, 05:41 PM
I think protesting there would be a mistake. Out battle is with the government. A liberal function or Steve Thomson's office are likely the most strategic moves.

I would agree.
Although our protest in Victoria garnered close to 1000 people, not the 300 some news media
implied, I would hope the next protest be held on the mainland so that many, many, more could
see themselves attending. If it was held on a weekend it would be even better.

2chodi
03-13-2015, 06:05 PM
https://voterid.bclp.bcliberals.com/pub/ticket/convention

More events:

http://www.bcliberals.com/events/

Whonnock Boy
03-13-2015, 07:08 PM
A whole 15 minutes scheduled for it. :roll:

there's a Q&A session.

FirePower
03-13-2015, 07:36 PM

100% agreed

FirePower
03-13-2015, 07:39 PM
Short notice but Thompson is speaking at the Quesnel Chamber of Commerce meeting Wednesday March 18 at the Billy Barker. Minister Oakes will be there too. Tickets for non-members are $25 and there's a Q&A session.
Mr. Dawg is close as are a couple of others, admission is cheap, perhaps not a rally but 3 or 4 attendees, would be very benificial to our cause.

FirePower
03-13-2015, 07:42 PM
I would agree.
Although our protest in Victoria garnered close to 1000 people, not the 300 some news media
implied, I would hope the next protest be held on the mainland so that many, many, more could
see themselves attending. If it was held on a weekend it would be even better.

I heard Al Martin quote that figure on a radio brodcast after the rally. Perhaps we need to get our figures straight next time before quoting numbers.

rgn5hunt
03-13-2015, 07:53 PM
What time of the day is this meeting taking place?
Mr. Dawg is close as are a couple of others, admission is cheap, perhaps not a rally but 3 or 4 attendees, would be very benificial to our cause.

randymac
03-14-2015, 08:09 AM
https://voterid.bclp.bcliberals.com/pub/ticket/convention

http://www.bcliberals.com/events/
This "extraordinary Convention " of the Lib on a Saturday April 18 in Vancouver with satelite conventions in Cranbrook, Prince George, Kamloops, Ft St John, Kelowna and Duncan looks like a great opportunity for people from all across the province to let them know we are madder than hell and aren't going to take it anymore.

frodo
03-15-2015, 08:55 AM
The Premier will be in PG as she is there for a Premier's Dinner the night before.

bassplayer
03-15-2015, 09:11 AM
I think the G.O.A.B.C. convention would be good to protest. Yes our issue is with the government but does anyone here need reminding who also attends the G.O.A.B.C. convention every year to receive their usual gift baskets and ass kissing?

FirePower
03-15-2015, 09:24 AM
This "extraordinary Convention " of the Lib on a Saturday April 18 in Vancouver with satelite conventions in Cranbrook, Prince George, Kamloops, Ft St John, Kelowna and Duncan looks like a great opportunity for people from all across the province to let them know we are madder than hell and aren't going to take it anymore.

This would be an excellent opportunity if coordinated properly to deal a blow all over the province without the need for travel of great distances. Being a Saturday there should be goodly numbers in attendance and I can easily see with 7 locations well over 1000 protesters in total.If we can get someone at each local to organize "mini" rallies to be coordinated as one it would have a very large impact for our cause. I would be behind this 100% as would others I am certain.

Buck
03-15-2015, 10:22 AM
This would be an excellent opportunity if coordinated properly to deal a blow all over the province without the need for travel of great distances. Being a Saturday there should be goodly numbers in attendance and I can easily see with 7 locations well over 1000 protesters in total.If we can get someone at each local to organize "mini" rallies to be coordinated as one it would have a very large impact for our cause. I would be behind this 100% as would others I am certain.

I'm in keep the faith we will win this

Cedar Cowgirl
03-15-2015, 10:31 AM
I will be first to step up and help organize the Duncan Rally co-organizers will be gratefully accepted. I suggest another from Mid Island, a couple from South Island and a couple from North Island. Lets do this.

fowl language
03-15-2015, 11:26 AM
cedar cowgirl, thanks for being the first to step up with organizing the Duncan rally, I think that is very noble of you. i should suggest that others in these other areas should also voice their opinion. I will be second to step up and offer to help organize the vancouver rally for april 18. my hope is that we can organize this in all the locations mentioned in a short order. beings as this is a Saturday I would expect a large turn out and having that they are all around the province more people will attend. once again thank you cedar cowgirl , I hope your seafood dinner on Friday was all that you expected it to be.....dale

Whonnock Boy
03-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Yup, it's time to start planning another.

Whonnock Boy
03-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Oh wait, I am!!!

randymac
03-15-2015, 03:23 PM
cedar cowgirl, thanks for being the first to step up with organizing the Duncan rally, I think that is very noble of you. i should suggest that others in these other areas should also voice their opinion. I will be second to step up and offer to help organize the vancouver rally for april 18. my hope is that we can organize this in all the locations mentioned in a short order. beings as this is a Saturday I would expect a large turn out and having that they are all around the province more people will attend. once again thank you cedar cowgirl , I hope your seafood dinner on Friday was all that you expected it to be.....dale
Not sure what I can do to help but if we could get a poster happening I will run a bunch off at work and start putting them up and handing them out. I have 0% artistic talent so maybe whoever did the last one for Victoria could throw one together for this. Its only about a month away so the sooner we start informing everyone the less excuse they have for not attending.

randymac
03-15-2015, 03:30 PM
If we can make this happen I would like to suggest that if there are any speakers they be resident hunters that know their numbers and facts like Jesse or Sean. Lets not make this a photo and sound bite op for opposition politicians.

Foxton Gundogs
03-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Looks like we have Cranbrook, Prince George, Kamloops, Ft St John and Kelowna left lets get these locations looked after asap so we can coordinate up these events.

Foxton Gundogs
03-16-2015, 08:37 AM
11:30am to 1:15 luncheon

http://quesnelchamber.com/event/chamber-of-commerce-luncheon-hon-steve-thomson-and-hon-coralee-oakes/?instance_id=8384

Hope the hotlink is okay. Mods if not, modify accordingly.

Short notice but Thompson is speaking at the Quesnel Chamber of Commerce meeting Wednesday March 18 at the Billy Barker. Minister Oakes will be there too. Tickets for non-members are $25 and there's a Q&A session.

I think lunch for The Dawg and/or Dead Dog, would be a very positive investment here. Who knows what questions may be asked.

coach
03-16-2015, 10:48 AM
If we can make this happen I would like to suggest that if there are any speakers they be resident hunters that know their numbers and facts like Jesse or Sean. Lets not make this a photo and sound bite op for opposition politicians.

Thanks for the input. Keep in mind we need to be strategic with all that we do. Kelowna was about showing up en masse with letters to the Premier. Victoria was about showing all British Columbians that this is an issue that is serious and not about to go away until there's a resolution. It was also about engaging representatives from three opposition parties to have them work on our behalf from inside government. A big part of my message to the politicians is that they all need to take hunters and wildlife seriously, they need to understand hunters can effect the outcome of elections and they all need to work hard to secure our vote - regardless of their party affiliation. Anyone who has followed what's gping on inside the legislature subsequent to the rally will understand that Katrine Conroy has been vehement in her questioning of Thomson. She's emerged as the type of politiian that deserves my respect. I'm sure that the opportunity for her to speak in both Kelowna and Victoria helped secure her support of our cause.

I think multiple protests at various locations during the "extraordinary convention" could act as a strong message to those British Columbians who support the Liberals through financial contributions and Party Membership and is therefore a worthwhile and logical "next step" and people should get behind it. To be successful we likely don't want speakers from opposition parties - so I agree with you - but let's not forget that change will have to occur from within government so we need as many allies as possible.

Pulling this off will take leadership and planning. One or two people should manage the big picture and each venue will need its own quarterback to coordinate the details pertinent to each location. These include: parking, advertising, security, permitting (if necessary), media, etc. it's a BIG job and probably needs a new thread to kick it off.

I'm now about to hit my busiest time of the year work-wise. As a result, I'm available to help coordinate but won't have the time that I did leading up to Kelowna and Victoria. It's for new people to step up!

The Hermit
03-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Do we know the locations of the satellite meetings? I'll help with anything happening in Victoria.

Foxton Gundogs
03-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Do we know the locations of the satellite meetings? I'll help with anything happening in Victoria.

Cranbrook, Prince George, Kamloops, Ft St John, Kelowna and Duncan. We need help from Mid, South and North Island to be sure we get people there from as many locations on the island as possible, as well as with other aspects of the rally.

fowl language
03-16-2015, 09:42 PM
I believe we have pr. George and ft. st. john covered.i will get the boys on Kelowna so that leaves cranbrook and Kamloops. if anybody can think of someone from either of these places that would be up for it please advise.it is kinda like the last day of your hunting trip and have not seen anything till now but you have to keep trying....come on one more...dale

Foxton Gundogs
03-16-2015, 09:50 PM
I believe we have pr. George and ft. st. john covered.i will get the boys on Kelowna so that leaves cranbrook and Kamloops. if anybody can think of someone from either of these places that would be up for it please advise.it is kinda like the last day of your hunting trip and have not seen anything till now but you have to keep trying....come on one more...dale

Exactly now is the time to ask yourselves "am I going to make a difference or just ride the current?" Time to show what you are made of and step up.

coach
03-16-2015, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know the locations? Liberals are keeping that information pretty tight from what I inderstand. Of course, most of my friends have let their liberal party memberships run out - so they aren't getting the current Intel.. :roll:

f350ps
03-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Does anyone know the locations? Liberals are keeping that information pretty tight from what I inderstand. Of course, most of my friends have let their liberal party memberships run out - so they aren't getting the current Intel.. :roll:
Give FisherDude a call, I'm sure he's got any intel yer looking for! K

The Dawg
03-16-2015, 09:57 PM
What exactly are we hoping for here?

I've got it on good info that we wont get anywhere near these conventions, and the media certainly wont be interested as they will be preoccupied.

coach
03-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Give FisherDude a call, I'm sure he's got any intel yer looking for! K

Darn, I seem to have misplaced his number..:shock: can you forward it? :lol:

biggyun68
03-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Hi Folks:
We need to include all parties in this one:
So far only the Greens have followed through with more than words: Their common members bill on retention of Grizzly Bear parts. This is a huge move for the Greens who have been anti hunting for ages.
I would participate in rallies at all three sitting parties caucus meetings in the Lower mainland.

Cedar Cowgirl
03-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Hi Folks:
We need to include all parties in this one:
So far only the Greens have followed through with more than words: Their common members bill on retention of Grizzly Bear parts. This is a huge move for the Greens who have been anti hunting for ages.
I would participate in rallies at all three sitting parties caucus meetings in the Lower mainland.

Sorry Biggy but the operative word is FOCUS. The current government is where the problem lies and that's who we must target. As for your statement of "Only The Greens" have you not been watching Question Period? Conroy and Horgan have been hammering Thomson with Allocation questions and the PCs have no members to stand up in the house but Brooks has been outspoken. This is not the time to turn on what support we have. The ball is rolling for the next rallies and as far as I know there is no plans to start hitting the other parties

Foxton Gundogs
03-17-2015, 01:58 PM

I believe it's being worked on Coach.

biggyun68
03-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Reply Cedar Cowgirl with all due respect not all Rallys are protests: But they are all forums for the politicians to address the supporters and media:

Foxton Gundogs
03-17-2015, 04:11 PM
With due respect to you sir, we have enough in front of us to keep targeting the "bad guys" we need all the strength we can get at the protest rallies, was said before Focus. I have been to 2 rallies and 4 meetings although the crowds were good they could have been better. We need our soldiers on the ground where they can do the most good.

FirePower
03-17-2015, 06:39 PM
As previously stated, we need to deploy the troops where they will have the most effect.

Mulehahn
03-22-2015, 11:05 PM
After reading this thread, I am unclear if there is any desire to setup rallies at the Extraordinary conventions? I am willing to help, but I am unsure if I will be closer to FSJ or Vancouver and would like to put my efforts (if any required) towards the one I would attend.

biggyun68
05-03-2015, 08:05 AM
OK Folks:
When is this going to happen ---- you got us all on the boil ---- Lets keep it there until 2017!

Daka
07-31-2015, 08:30 PM
As long as news and media are making numbers of people attended smaller than they actually were, it means there is point in doing so and there is someone affected by number of people protesting...
just my nickel (no more pennies in circulation so i cant use .02c expression)